News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Yeah, the removal of the white stripes on the neck would've resulted in a more streamlined, cleaner presentation.
Complexity =/= good in some cases; and unfortunately in this paint scheme, the simple yellows and browns already brings out the details of the sculpt well enough, but the white stripes just serves to obscure such intricate details.

Carnoking

Had to go back and look at the original photos. The white stripes are definitely there but they were so subtle it was hard to tell. Honestly wish they had kept them that way...

Fembrogon

The striping COULD look good, but in these photos the application seems sloppy. As already mentioned, it looks almost like an afterthought.

That's a fairly minor complaint for what appears to be a splendid model otherwise, however. This Diplodocus still looks beautiful!

Concavenator

The Dippy looks gorgeous. I agree, the stripes on the neck could've been handled better, but they don't look too bad either. Let's see if other people's copies look better in this aspect.

Still, imo, the Diplodocus has the nicest looking colour scheme out of any Eofauna dinosaur at the moment. Not surprisingly, since Andrey Atuchin designed it. Really, I hope he will be involved in the colours applied to future Eofauna models, he's an outstanding paleoartist.

Regarding the size, it's quite massive, people who love big sauropod figures should be very happy with this one. I prefer my sauropods to be on the smaller side if possible, so they're easier to display, but this is a must have for me anyways (it will be a replacement to my Carnegie Diplodocus, which I sold). According to S @Shane , real big sauropod figures are expected to be rare from now on, so this looks to be an exception.

JohannesB

A very nice, beautifully detailed sculpt indeed, but I'll probably stick with my Invicta and (repainted) Carnegie (2008) (some of my favorite dinosaur toy models).

Bread

I think it looks great. I compared the figure's promo and in hand pictures and I have to say, the in hand version looks better. I like the sort of "aged" look it has. Bravo Eofauna, now bring on that rex I've been waiting for!

SidB

Quote from: edu on April 27, 2022, 02:59:31 PM
They look like an afterthought. Something they added in fear that the color pattern looked bland, when it looked fantastic. Besides that, the figure is splendid.
The figure IS splendid, but if mine has the same application of these white markings, I'll have them re-done to work better with the underlying neck sculpt and paint.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Flaffy on April 27, 2022, 02:34:07 PM
Not sure how I feel about the white stripes along the neck, they feel rather garish compared to how well done everything else is.

Wow!  What a beauty!  I agree the afterthought added on stripes are badly applied but with a little touch up this can be  quickly corrected.  I can't wait to get mine!

Duna

It's a beauty. Look at that proper belly!  ^-^

Concavenator

Dan's Dinosaurs also has the Diplodocus in stock now:

https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/diplodocus-by-eofauna/

They have also posted another pic of the Dippy on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/DansDinosaurs/photos/a.10155254788674023/10159164617949023/

This copy looks better painted, the white stripes look to be better applied (or is it the lighting? guess we'll have to see more pics to find out).

Still surprised to see no in hand pics of the Konebelodon yet, despite it's supposedly in stock as well.

Medzo

Quote from: Concavenator on April 28, 2022, 07:36:08 PM
This copy looks better painted, the white stripes look to be better applied (or is it the lighting? guess we'll have to see more pics to find out).

Hmm, pretty sure it's quite the same, must be perspective and lightning.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Agree with this sentiment (about them being more subtle on the prototype), but I'm thinking it'll probably blend together and not bother me since I usually look at my figures from a distance anyways, like how it appears in avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy 's first image. I think it'll only bug me when I'm looking at it up close.

Also now that these are getting out there, if/when anyone has one of these and also has the Safari Ltd Camarasaurus, could someone here be willing to get a comparison picture of the two of them? I think these are some of the best looking sauropod figures currently, and it helps they are both from the same formation. I would greatly appreciate it, as both are still on my wishlist.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

Quote from: Faelrin on April 29, 2022, 12:34:02 AM
Also now that these are getting out there, if/when anyone has one of these and also has the Safari Ltd Camarasaurus, could someone here be willing to get a comparison picture of the two of them? I think these are some of the best looking sauropod figures currently, and it helps they are both from the same formation. I would greatly appreciate it, as both are still on my wishlist.

Yeah, the Eofauna Diplodocus should look great alongside Safari's Camarasaurus, in addition to coming from the same formation, they are also in scale with each other (1:40).

I would also love to see it with the PNSO Allosaurus...

JohannesB

If I get it, I will probably try to bend its neck up a little, so it would be more in a pose like this  :)):

Duna

Quote from: JohannesB on April 29, 2022, 11:24:06 AM
If I get it, I will probably try to bend its neck up a little, so it would be more in a pose like this  :)):

That's a cool pose, too. And perfectly capable of doing that and more. And if you don't like, just hot water again and voila.

postsaurischian

My Diplodocus looks absolutely wonderful! The white stripes are there, but they're not as clearly visible as in that very baad picture 17 posts ago. One should not post such baad pictures, especially when almost nobody knows the figure concerned - that is very baad for the figure's reputation, which in this case is very unfair (flashlight sucks). For a 30 EUR figure this is the best you can get. If it was made by PNSO it would cost at least 70 Dollars - probably more. I do not dare to say which is the best prehistoric figure company, but Eofauna is definitely among the best, which is now proven at the latest.
Talking about the Konobelodon I do dare to say that Eofauna is the very best company when it comes to prehistoric elephants - no doubt about that.
I'm very happy with both figures and can't wait for each new release by this awesome company, the best Europe has to offer these days.

Psittacoraptor

The Diplodocus looks very nice! The paint application is noticeably improved compared to their previous figures. They've come a long way since their Giganotosaurus, which I frankly find an unattractive, sloppily-painted figure.

suspsy

Eofauna already established themselves as the best producers of prehistoric proboscideans a long time ago. At first I felt they ought to be more diverse in their choices, but at this point, I'm totally fine if they continue to stick with these prodigious pachyderms. I want them to tackle the woolly mammoth and Stegotetrabelodon next.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Thank you for this post, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  Good to have confirmation of my feeling that the early photo was unflattering.  I'll order mine as soon as they get to Everything Dinosaur.

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 30, 2022, 09:36:14 AM
My Diplodocus looks absolutely wonderful! The white stripes are there, but they're not as clearly visible as in that very baad picture 17 posts ago. One should not post such baad pictures, especially when almost nobody knows the figure concerned - that is very baad for the figure's reputation, which in this case is very unfair (flashlight sucks). For a 30 EUR figure this is the best you can get. If it was made by PNSO it would cost at least 70 Dollars - probably more. I do not dare to say which is the best prehistoric figure company, but Eofauna is definitely among the best, which is now proven at the latest.
Talking about the Konobelodon I do dare to say that Eofauna is the very best company when it comes to prehistoric elephants - no doubt about that.
I'm very happy with both figures and can't wait for each new release by this awesome company, the best Europe has to offer these days.

Grimbeard

First video review (in german, but still gives a great impression)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHIvvLst-o

I have ordered mine yesterday after I saw the first in-hand pictures, really exited that this one seems to look just as great as the promo pictures promised.

I'm really glad Eofauna exists and has come as far as they have, they exactly hit my prefered style, size and prize range.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: