News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Exciting models! I got mine ordered but there is a chance I won't see them until end of the month since I'm heading out on a trip. :D

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx I agree that the Palaeoloxodon is a bit nicer, it's both bigger and more detailed, but they're both great models.

I filled out Eofauna's questionnaire and suggested they'd make a wolly mammoth, American mastodon and Platybelodon (always been my favourite due to its weirdness) next. For a primitive proboscidean representative I suggested Barytherium.

Here's a link to the questionnaire if anyone would like to suggest species for future Eofauna figures: http://www.eofauna.com/figures/eofauna-figures-questionnaire

Shonisaurus

Gothmog my congratulations. I'm glad they reached you. For my part, I have placed an order in the Alcaiceria Store of my nation that includes the diplodocus and konobelodon, but because that order includes a figure that I am interested in (Schleich's majungasaurus) and the store has not yet received it I prefer to wait to buy since with that figure the shipping costs are free. I have seen Andy's videos and both the diplodocus and the konobelodon of Eofauna are majestic and detailed, there are no positive words to describe Eofauna and his figures. That being said, I'm glad you added those two beauties to your collection.

Callophrys

My Diplodocus arrived today! It's a beautiful figure, well sculpted and painted.

Shonisaurus

How long is the diplodocus. You are very lucky.

Callophrys

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 09, 2022, 05:22:43 PM
How long is the diplodocus. You are very lucky.

It's 61cm nose to tail-tip straight-line distance.

Duna

I received my diplodocus yesterday from Alcaiceria. What a LONG BOI!  :D :D The box was suuuper long (it was the original box they were shipped from China in groups of 10). Very nicely protected, though. The colours are very natural and it's a magnific figure. The best diplodocus tail I've ever seen, it's incredible that an animal could have lived and used that super thin tail.

Concavenator

Congrats avatar_Duna @Duna ! Now the question is: where will you display it? I guess the DETOLF is a no-no for it.

Darko2300

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2022, 10:35:36 PM
Congrats avatar_Duna @Duna ! Now the question is: where will you display it? I guess the DETOLF is a no-no for it.

That's going to be my issue as well, ha ha. You can fit 17" diagonally in a Detolf, but at 24", this guys' going to have to make his home elsewhere...  ;D

Duna

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2022, 10:35:36 PM
Quote from: Darko2300 on May 10, 2022, 10:44:24 PM
That's going to be my issue as well, ha ha. You can fit 17" diagonally in a Detolf, but at 24", this guys' going to have to make his home elsewhere...  ;D
True! I'm still struggling to find a place ... I've decided it's impossible to be behind glass so he'll probably be alone in a shelf. Now he's on the middle of my computer desk because ... YES! To nice to look at.

edu

I received the figures two days ago. They are both superb. I am specially liking the painting on the Konobelodond. It looks really natural, as if the animal is covered with a layer of dust. And the color of those tusks! Really good job.

Shonisaurus

Congratulations Duna and Edu, I have my diplodocus and konobelodon in charge in Alcaiceria but I am waiting for them to receive the majungasaurus from Schleich.

DragonRider02

I got my Diplodocus yesterday. I knew it's gonna be very long but I was still surprised. It's almost as long as my shelf!

Darko2300

Mine just hit my BBTS Pile of Loot! 😱

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Is it odd that despite the Diplodocus being so long, I still think it's a small figure, nor a big one? Might just be used to the bugger Carnegie by now.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Exactly. That is why I am so confused on whether to get it or not. I am yet to see a full length picture comparison

Fembrogon

That's because all of the size is in its length, rather than mass, I'd wager. It's not as obviously imposing as more hefty animals like elephants, titanosaurs, giant theropods, etc.

Carnoking

I'm a little late to the party it seems, but this long boi showed up yesterday. Certainly impressive (even with some pre-mature paint wear)!

Spoiler

Thought I saw someone asking for more comparisons with the old Carnegie offering. I hope these shots help! It's definitely longer but not as robust.

Here it is with the fairly recent Safari offering. Despite the improvements in sculpt and paint, I still think I prefer the proportions of Safari's offering.

And of course, the Battat crown jewel still reigns supreme in my book.

Here's the Atlasaurus, which is still my personal favorite Eofauna release.

Their trikes.

And their Giga.

Pretty good looking group so far. For me, this diplodocus lies somewhere in the middle.

I'll close with the obligatory Allosaurus attack photo.

[close]

Darko2300

Oh man. That paint wear sucks. That's not really the kind of thing you can swap for a replacement easily, is it? I just shipped mine from BBTS this afternoon, and now I'm nervous. 😳

Carnoking

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 14, 2022, 02:04:09 AM
Oh man. That paint wear sucks. That's not really the kind of thing you can swap for a replacement easily, is it? I just shipped mine from BBTS this afternoon, and now I'm nervous. 😳

I've noticed what appeared to be paint rubs on several copies others have posted, so I was sort of expecting it. It's not a huge deal, a fairly easy color to match and mask but it's still something you gotta take care of.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: