News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Hm, hopefully my copy won't have chipped spikes and sloppily painted teeth. The white patch on the face from spillover teeth paint is very distracting.

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on April 27, 2022, 02:34:07 PM
Not sure how I feel about the white stripes along the neck, they feel rather garish compared to how well done everything else is.
Still, a significant improvement over their Giganotosaurus, so no complaints there.

Interesting, the dark pigmentation along the midsection almost makes it appear like he was trudging through a deep bog or muddy area. At any rate, I think it looks quite nice, and, to me, it looks like a spiritual successor to Carnegie's original Diplo, moreso than Carnegie's actual Diplo re-mold was.
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Concavenator

I'm still surprised to see no in hand pics of the Konobelodon yet, despite it also being available...

Quote from: Grimbeard
I'm really glad Eofauna exists and has come as far as they have, they exactly hit my prefered style, size and prize range.

For me, they're the best producers of prehistoric animal replicas ATM. They produce the most accurate figures, their figures are in scale with each other, are true to the scale they are meant to be in, are beautifully sculpted, their colour scheme and paint apps are nice and finally, the prices are unbeatable for the quality offered. Just what else to ask for?

PNSO, Safari, and several others also do a fantastic job but from my perspective, Eofauna represents the pinnacle right now.

Quote from: suspsy on April 30, 2022, 12:29:04 PM
At first I felt they ought to be more diverse in their choices, but at this point, I'm totally fine if they continue to stick with these prodigious pachyderms. I want them to tackle the woolly mammoth and Stegotetrabelodon next.

In my case, I wish they were more diverse. Their proboscideans are amazing, but it's not a group that interests me too much. Of all their proboscideans so far, I only have the Deinotherium and only because it's an old favorite of mine, unless they release something as iconic as a woolly mammoth or an American mastodon, I don't see the need for me to pick up another. I would find it exciting if they explored a wider range of non-dinosaurs. I would love a mosasaur and  Paraceratherium from them!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on April 30, 2022, 07:39:55 PM
I'm still surprised to see no in hand pics of the Konobelodon yet, despite it also being available...

Quote from: Grimbeard
I'm really glad Eofauna exists and has come as far as they have, they exactly hit my prefered style, size and prize range.

For me, they're the best producers of prehistoric animal replicas ATM. They produce the most accurate figures, their figures are in scale with each other, are true to the scale they are meant to be in, are beautifully sculpted, their colour scheme and paint apps are nice and finally, the prices are unbeatable for the quality offered. Just what else to ask for?

PNSO, Safari, and several others also do a fantastic job but from my perspective, Eofauna represents the pinnacle right now.

Quote from: suspsy on April 30, 2022, 12:29:04 PM
At first I felt they ought to be more diverse in their choices, but at this point, I'm totally fine if they continue to stick with these prodigious pachyderms. I want them to tackle the woolly mammoth and Stegotetrabelodon next.

In my case, I wish they were more diverse. Their proboscideans are amazing, but it's not a group that interests me too much. Of all their proboscideans so far, I only have the Deinotherium and only because it's an old favorite of mine, unless they release something as iconic as a woolly mammoth or an American mastodon, I don't see the need for me to pick up another. I would find it exciting if they explored a wider range of non-dinosaurs. I would love a mosasaur and  Paraceratherium from them!
I think i'd just die on the spot if EoFauna ever revealled a Paraceratherium. Not from like, seeing it or anything, just the fact that they revealed a Paraceratherium, regardless of my own knowledge of the fact, would kill me instantly
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

JohannesB

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on April 30, 2022, 07:10:50 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 27, 2022, 02:34:07 PM
Not sure how I feel about the white stripes along the neck, they feel rather garish compared to how well done everything else is.
Still, a significant improvement over their Giganotosaurus, so no complaints there.

Interesting, the dark pigmentation along the midsection almost makes it appear like he was trudging through a deep bog or muddy area. At any rate, I think it looks quite nice, and, to me, it looks like a spiritual successor to Carnegie's original Diplo, moreso than Carnegie's actual Diplo re-mold was.

That's what I felt as well.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Duna

And diplodocus, from Eofauna's Facebook:

Fembrogon

Natural lighting does wonders for these already great-looking figures.

Concavenator

Good to finally see in hand pics of the Konobelodon as well.

Given these are now being shipped, if anybody happens to get it and also have the PNSO Allosaurus and the (2019) Safari Stegosaurus, I would appreciate it a lot if you could show them together. avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin was also interested in seeing the Dippy alongside the Safari Camarasaurus.

SpartanSquat

They are not ready to be bought right now?

Psittacoraptor

The Konobelodon might become my first Eofauna figure, it looks so lifelike!

Thialfi

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on May 03, 2022, 09:44:09 AM
That would be a fantastic idea! All their proboscideans are absolutely outstanding!

Over9K

IMO, you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get more detailed and lifelike proboscideans. Their Palaeoloxodon made my wife audibly gasp when it came out of the box it was shipped in. She said it looked like it could just walk away any second.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on May 03, 2022, 11:35:44 PM

IMO, you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get more detailed and lifelike proboscideans. Their Palaeoloxodon made my wife audibly gasp when it came out of the box it was shipped in. She said it looked like it could just walk away any second.
That's right, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , their other proboscidians are splendid as well. I'm glad that they are continuing to produce them and look forward to others.

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on May 02, 2022, 10:55:27 PM
Good to finally see in hand pics of the Konobelodon as well.

Given these are now being shipped, if anybody happens to get it and also have the PNSO Allosaurus and the (2019) Safari Stegosaurus, I would appreciate it a lot if you could show them together. avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin was also interested in seeing the Dippy alongside the Safari Camarasaurus.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin in this review by D @Dino Scream3232 he compares the Diplodocus to the Safari Camarasaurus:

https://youtu.be/N89N08klhI0

ceratopsian

Hooray - both are now in stock in the UK at Everything Dinosaur.  Mine are ordered!

Medzo

Quote from: Concavenator on May 04, 2022, 01:10:25 AM
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin in this review by D @Dino Scream3232 he compares the Diplodocus to the Safari Camarasaurus:
https://youtu.be/N89N08klhI0

Tbh from this video the paint application does not look as fine as GR Toys or PNSO figures have. Or more like the texture of the model seems to be not as precise. But I have noticed the same in a Yoshi Trike vs PNSO Triceratops comparison. But they are not in the same price category anymore of course...

ceratopsian

That comes as no surprise - I wouldn't expect the same complexity.  Their paint schemes were never like PNSO's - despite occasional negative remarks on the forum about slip-ups in quality, PNSO's paint scheme and application has been one of its strengths for many years.  As you say, the prices of the two firms are different.  Their difference in paint style doesn't worry me.  How the Diplodocus is painted is part of the Eofauna style and when I look at my Eofauna models, I enjoy their aesthetic for itself rather than comparing it to PNSO.

Quote from: Medzo on May 04, 2022, 12:14:03 PM
Tbh from this video the paint application does not look as fine as GR Toys or PNSO figures have. Or more like the texture of the model seems to be not as precise. But I have noticed the same in a Yoshi Trike vs PNSO Triceratops comparison. But they are not in the same price category anymore of course...

Medzo

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 04, 2022, 12:21:00 PM
Their difference in paint style doesn't worry me.  How the Diplodocus is painted is part of the Eofauna style and when I look at my Eofauna models, I enjoy their aesthetic for itself rather than comparing it to PNSO.

Understandable sentiment. I myself only do these as they are almost in the same scale (1:45 for PNSO Mamenchisaurus) and naturally my goal is to obtain the best quality figures in this size. Also since PNSO is not to keen on releasing sauropods I'm planning to display them together to fill the gaps.

I am very much impressed by Eofauna's portfolio and they approach to their figures but I also think they are not yet on the quality PNSO has obtained. And even PNSO has a lot more room for improvements. The reason I am more acceptable that they are truly cheaper figures for now. Alas they do not have boxes which is a very important aspect to me.

GojiraGuy1954

Just ordered my Diplo and Kono along with some other stuff from ED
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: