News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medzo

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 04, 2022, 01:39:36 PM
Just ordered my Diplo and Kono along with some other stuff from ED

Any tip from you guys from which site should I order if I'm based in Central Europe (Hungary to be more specific) in terms of reliability and costs?

Thialfi

Quote from: Medzo on May 04, 2022, 02:26:08 PM

Any tip from you guys from which site should I order if I'm based in Central Europe (Hungary to be more specific) in terms of reliability and costs?

I would say Modellpferdeversand.de or Minizoo.com.au

Duna

I also suggest Alcaiceria. https://www.alcaiceria.com/alcaiceria/compras/productos.php?CCODPRO=eofauna It's a Spanish physical and online store (I buy all my figures from them). They ship worldwide, too. You only need to add the figures to the Shopping Cart and then they'll contact you about the payment and shipping and if you agree, you pay (or you can add more figures).

Samrukia

Please keep in mind that since the model is HUGE, the shipping cost is also high. For example, I was considering ordering from EVD but the shipping to my country is 3 times the cost of the figure  :o

GojiraGuy1954

Perks of living in Britain I suppose
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Grimbeard

Quote from: Thialfi on May 04, 2022, 03:01:01 PM

I would say Modellpferdeversand.de or Minizoo.com.au

I have ordered mine from https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/ . I had combined mine with several other figures I wanted for some time so shipping was free at > 45 € and arrived fairly quickly, although I had the advantage of living in Germany.

Concavenator

Quote from: Duna on May 04, 2022, 03:48:39 PM
I also suggest Alcaiceria. https://www.alcaiceria.com/alcaiceria/compras/productos.php?CCODPRO=eofauna It's a Spanish physical and online store (I buy all my figures from them). They ship worldwide, too. You only need to add the figures to the Shopping Cart and then they'll contact you about the payment and shipping and if you agree, you pay (or you can add more figures).

Speaking of Alcaiceria, they now have the Diplodocus and Konobelodon in stock as well.

Quote from: Medzo on May 04, 2022, 01:16:39 PM
I am very much impressed by Eofauna's portfolio and they approach to their figures but I also think they are not yet on the quality PNSO has obtained.

That's debatable. I don't like directly comparing companies (all of them have their stronger and weaker points) but if we are to compare, I think Eofauna is superior to PNSO overall. Of course, it depends on what you value most in a figure.

When it comes to scientific accuracy, PNSO usually does a good job, but Eofauna is currently number 1 in this department.

When it comes to sculpting style, you should consider that part of it is related to accuracy: during late 2020 and the very first releases of 2021, their figures had the typical over texturing of Papo, and you could say they were very detailed, but that kind of detailing instantly makes the figure less accurate, because as I'm sure you already know, the scales shouldn't be seen at the scale these figures are usually made at. So the smoother, subtler style of Eofauna, what you referred as "not so precise texture" is indeed the correct option. PNSO also noticed and corrected this on later releases.

And when it comes to paint app quality... PNSO have clearly improved in this department as of late but some of their releases were very disappointing paint-wise: the Borealopelta (which I have, gorgeous sculpt but its paint quality is on the poorer side, CollectA's 5$ version outshines it here), Machairoceratops and Lambeosaurus are some examples. I remember the PNSO 2020 thread and how there were some releases in which people were disappointed because the final figures' paint apps ended up being a far cry from the box art in some cases. Though they noticeably improved in this regard afterwards (on the newer releases that is, perhaps you wouldn't be so lucky if you order one of the older figures, like this Spinosaurus):

Quote from: Flaffy on March 07, 2022, 10:25:35 PM
You're being advertised this absolute beaut:

But then end up getting this...

I must say, though, that I have their Yutyrannus and I agree with its paint app quality being superior to my Eofauna figures. So it depends. Right now I agree with PNSO's paint app being better than Eofauna's, but some Eofauna models are better painted than some PNSOs, like the ones I mentioned. And GR Toys is easily superior to both Eofauna and PNSO in this aspect.

And when it comes to pricing, Eofauna's are amazing figures sold at very fair prices and PNSO's are also awesome figures sold at higher prices than what you'd normally expect them to be. That is how I see it at least.

Personally, I am super happy that both companies exist. Eofauna is personally my favorite company, but I love PNSO too (and they are not the only ones, this market has gotten really competitive during the last few years). I hope they will stay with us for the longest possible time and I wish them every possible success. As someone who is only interested in quality, scientifically accurate figures and doesn't care about JP / pop culture representations, they are very appreciated.

Pliosaurking

I can't wait till my diplodocus comes in
Hopefully soon!

Callophrys

Just ordered mine from Everything Dinosaur!

Dino Scream3232

Thanks for the plug avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. Here's a few more comparison pics for anyone that is curious.

Concavenator

Thank you so much for the pics D @Dino Scream3232  Much appreciated.

The first pic shows just how much we need up to date models of Apatosaurus, Ceratosaurus and also Brachiosaurus. The first 2 are outclassed by the other figures, and the Carnegie Brachiosaurus per se isn't in actual need of replacing, but it's a retired figure that's no longer accesible to anyone. It's about time Ornitholestes and Camptosaurus gained some attention and joined the more popular Morrison Formation denizens as well.

Duna

Thank you for the comparison pictures, D @Dino Scream3232 and thank you for your review, I enjoyed it very much.
Carnegie diplo looks impressive next to it, but so outdated. Perfect to have them both.

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator While I'm behind on watching the review (playing too much Ark, aside from the time here, instagram, and working on the DTC site updates) I did see his pics on instagram, which totally fulfilled the need. Really hope to get my hands on both of those later in the year. I'm especially long overdue on that beautiful Camarasaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

My order came in today.

Diplodocus is probably my favourite EoFauna figure released, while the Konobelodon is probably the closest to average one they have ever made. It's still not bad at all, though.

GojiraGuy1954

The Konobelodon has grown on me a lot

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Thialfi on May 03, 2022, 01:06:29 PM
That would be a fantastic idea! All their proboscideans are absolutely outstanding!
Quote from: Over9K on May 03, 2022, 11:35:44 PM
IMO, you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get more detailed and lifelike proboscideans. Their Palaeoloxodon made my wife audibly gasp when it came out of the box it was shipped in. She said it looked like it could just walk away any second.
Quote from: SidB on May 03, 2022, 11:45:27 PM
That's right, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , their other proboscidians are splendid as well. I'm glad that they are continuing to produce them and look forward to others.

I took the plunge and ordered it along with the Palaeoloxodon, and I'm not disappointed :) These are wonderful models for an affordable price!

Still not fully convinced by their dinosaurs, but these proboscideans are superb! The Deinotherium is on my shopping list now. I'm hoping they'll also make a woolly mammoth in the same 1:35 scale.

bmathison1972

My Konobelodon was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but apparently needs a signature, so now I'll have to wait until Monday :-)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

My Diplodocus and Konobelodon arrived yesterday, absolutely gorgeous figures both of them. Still thi k the Atlasaurus is my favourite of their dinosaurs though, and the Paleoloxodon my favourite of the Proboscideans.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Congrats, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , I too am expecting my pair (from Dans).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: