News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite model in your collection?

Started by Duck, October 23, 2021, 11:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

The title says it all: What's your favorite model in your collection? If you can't pick your favorite, you can do a top 5 or even top 15.
I'll start:
Probably the Papo Ceratosaurus is my favorite. It has a sort of charm to it that I really enjoy.
He who dwells in pond

Cretaceous Crab

Mmm....don't think I can narrow it down to one.

Well, in no particular order

Carnotaurus, from Prey Collection Studios
Sinoceratops, from PNSO
Triceratops, from Safari LTD (recently repainted)
Spinosaurus, from Schleich (the latest one)
Running T. rex, from Papo (repainted as Marvel's Devil Dinosaur)

Flaffy

The CollectA Estemmenosuchus. Estemmenosuchus mirabilis is easily my favourite prehistoric creature, and the CollectA model is the only widely available one on the market.

Pachyrhinosaurus

My favorite figure is my Carnegie brachiosaurus. I got it when I was in second grade back in 2005 or '06 from my favorite toy store. I still remember seeing it on the top of the animal display, missing the tag, it had a post-it note taped to its chest with the price on it. I played with it as a kid, and in high school it stood by my bedside. Now it resides on my Carnegie mountain.

Other favorites include: Carnegie Miragaia, new Carnegie Carnotaurus, new Carnegie diplodocus, Battat Diplodocus, Safari Vagaceratops, Safari Sauropelta, and Battat tyrannosaurus. It's hard to pick favorites though, with all the great models in my collection, and then considering those with sentimental value as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SidB

For me, it's easy - the iconic Battat version 1 Tyrannosaurus rex, from 1994. Years ahead of its time. Cost me a fair bit, but I've never regretted the purchase. I have a good number of superb figures, but this has the most sentimental value; looked for years for one, before successfully acquiring my specimen.

JPuggy

My Kenner Red Rex, or maybe my Mattel Indominus Rex

Bread

CollectA Kronosaurus or Nanmu Once and Future King Tyrannosaurus (Future Variant).

Duna

So difficult to choose one ...

Vintage:
Linde tyrannosaurus

Modern:
GR Toys carcharodontosaurus

Shonisaurus

My favorite model without hesitation and by far, is the paraceratherium from itoy followed by the lisowicia bojani and elasmotherium both from Collecta and spinosaurus from Papo.

The two Nanmu giganotosaurus in their two versions of painting also occupy a place of honor. And the PNSO dinosaurs in general terms.

But the one I like the most is my IToy paraceratherium is a figure that I always dreamed of having in the literal sense of the word and fortunately the dream came true in terms of quality, size and beauty of that extinct prehistoric mammal. As I have already repeated countless times (and I will repeat) I do not think that any company of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals surpasses in beauty the iToy paraceratherium in the event that they decided to manufacture that extraordinary prehistoric mammal (which I see unlikely), in everything In this case, it would be surpassed by a resin figure since this material is one of the best materials that exist in figure collecting.

I do not believe that any company of dinosaurs in PVC figure format can commit the folly of manufacturing a figure of the same size, quality and beauty as its counterpart of iToy for a simple reason, because it represents an economic and commercial risk for the large company a paraceratherium is not a dinosaur and less a tyrannosaurus rex, in terms of popularity.

I hope to have in my favorite club soon the doedicurus, mamenchisaurus and pteranodon (another figure difficult to emulate) from Collecta.

SRF

My favorite model in my collection is with no doubt Winter Wilson. Not only is he the best modern PVC model of my favorite dinosaur, it's also after I've purchased Winter Wilson that I started collecting dinosaur figures more actively again. That's what also made me decide to register here on the forum.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Bravo, avatar_SRF @SRF ,  then that's a superb choice.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 24, 2021, 12:57:43 AM
My favorite figure is my Carnegie brachiosaurus. I got it when I was in second grade back in 2005 or '06 from my favorite toy store. I still remember seeing it on the top of the animal display, missing the tag, it had a post-it note taped to its chest with the price on it. I played with it as a kid, and in high school it stood by my bedside. Now it resides on my Carnegie mountain.

Same for me and for about the same reasons. Except I currently have my first gen variant on my mountain, and my "original" classic color variant stands proudly on a bookshelf in my living room 😄
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SenSx

Without a single hesitation, my favorite model is the standing JP Velociraptor from Iron Studio.
This is just pure perfection.
I own the three of them, but the standing one with closed mouth is the best.

Now I'm waiting for more 1/10 JP velociraptors to accompany them.
Prime 1 has just announced a Blue 1/10 with open mouth, I guess they will make another version with close mouth, don't know which one to pick...
I'd like to see JP2, JP3 and other JW Velociraptor as well in that format...

https://www.prime1studio.com/jw-blue-open-mouth-pcfjw-03.html

dinodamage

Ooh hard to choose, but here's a few stand-out faves

• JP 1997 Bull T-Rex from Kenner
I will never cease to be impressed by this toy, and I have very fond memories from growing up with it. I've taken this thing with me everywhere I've lived and it's in amazing shape. Surprising since this is the same toy I would mash strawberries into as pretend 'dino gore.'

• Pachyrhinosaurus from BoTM
Something about this thing just speaks to me. It has such sweet, gentle eyes which give it a special touch of realism alongside the formidable bulk and power of the body. It's not as possible as my Centrosaurus (which is also very cool) but you can still get some good action poses to give it a lively shelf presence.

• Papo Ceratosaurus
By far one of, if not THE best cerato figures. I love the pose and detail work, really impressive little figure (as always with papo)

Antey

Quote from: SRF on October 28, 2021, 04:11:22 PM
My favorite model in my collection is with no doubt Winter Wilson. Not only is he the best modern PVC model of my favorite dinosaur, it's also after I've purchased Winter Wilson that I started collecting dinosaur figures more actively again. That's what also made me decide to register here on the forum.
One could not even write a separate message, but only a quote. Because I can subscribe to every word above. I have been looking for a Tyrannosaurus rex model for a long time, which would definitely fit me. But apart from the giant and very expensive statuette from Sideshow, nothing suited me. And then there was version 3 of Wilson. I looked at him closely for several months. At first I didn't like his head - a short nape and a duck beak instead of a mouth. Then I found fault with the shape of the teeth. But in the end he gave up. And when the newly arrived Winter Wilson took over, doubts receded. At the moment, this is the best production model of a Tyrannosaurus for reasonable money. And this handsome man made me start collecting theropods in PNSO. So far, I do not see competitors from this manufacturer.

need4swede

For me, Wilson is a close second...beaten by none other than 'Andrea'. Just love the resting position. It's a side of the T.rex that we don't get to see very often.

- Swede

SidB

Quote from: need4swede on November 09, 2021, 08:03:35 PM

For me, Wilson is a close second...beaten by none other than 'Andrea'. Just love the resting position. It's a side of the T.rex that we don't get to see very often.

Interesting preference. My T-rex shelf diorama is the one that I most often visit visually, and the figure on it that my eyes are most often drawn to is ... Andrea!

SRF

S @SidB avatar_Antey @Antey I have Wilson and Andrea displayed together and they do make a very nice sight to behold. For me Andrea elevates Wilson even more, displayed together I like both models even more than when displayed apart from each other.

When it comes to Andrea however there are some flaws that I can't overlook. First of all I do love her resting pose, but the leg position is of course a bit weird to say the least. The skin detailing of the body is better than Wilsons and I like her overall color scheme just as Wilsons. Her head however is made from softer material whicht doesn't do the head sculpt, which is made from the same mold as Wilsons, enough justice. Also the paint application on Wilsons head is much better than on Andrea, at least on mine.

All in all Andrea is a lovely companion peace for Wilson. But when it comes to individual models, I really do feel Wilson is the better product overall.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Whichever version one prefers, I enjoy displaying them together. Not only that, but I've pulled in my v. 1 and v. 3 of Wilson, Logan (as a juvenile, two PNSO mini's as hatchlings, and even the Papo brown running model (original) to create a clan, or rogue's gallery I suppose. Here's a quick snapshot of them:

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: