News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the new ceratopsian horns, but I kind of wish they would just do an alternate head sculpt that more dinosaur and less dragon?  I mean I need to see those Dr. Frankenstein elements a bit less blended in. Tyrannosaur jaw lines and teeth, a frill more ceratopsian like.  They are straying a bit too far into Monster Hunter territory.

terrorchicken

put wings on it and its basically a dragon.

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on January 03, 2022, 06:41:07 PM
Still have yet to see a Nanmu figure that interests me  :(
They lean more to the JP/JW franchise, so they are obviously not for everyone. Although they do have two older pieces (more so resin statues) that represent scientific representations. Forgot the species names' though.

Honestly this Ultimasaurus does not interest me; however, I'll buy it for the fences it comes with.

Carnoking

I'm hoping an aliexpress seller will list the base on its own like we've seen them do with the giga and rex base

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on January 04, 2022, 03:15:26 PM
I'm hoping an aliexpress seller will list the base on its own like we've seen them do with the giga and rex base
I am hoping for that as well. Seems to me that Nanmu knows the fence will sell, so including it with this figure will quite possibly make it sell well. Unless of course Aliexpress sellers sell these separately.

stargatedalek

If anyone wants just the fence and they aren't listed separately, I'm interested specifically in the Ultimasaurus and might be happy to split the set.

Bread

Lana Time's store just posted that they have the Brachiosaurus figures in stock.

Carnoking

Nice! Let's hope Dan isn't too far behind.

Abobo

Carnoking

Bread

I need that corpse for the buck!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 06, 2022, 04:16:02 PM
Nice! Let's hope Dan isn't too far behind.

I'm not 100 percent certain but Dan used to ship his from overseas as well?

Lana has said with the regular shipping option of 25.00 only the walking version can ship that way and will take roughly 45 days.   

They do have other options though.

QuoteDear customer,
For Nanmu Gray Brachiosaurus Figure, we can send it to you by Yun Express and need to pay an additional shipping cost of $25.

But for the standing version, it is oversized, we can only send it to you by DHL, and you need to pay an additional shipping cost of $90.

Carnoking

A 90 dollar shipping fee would certainly give me pause.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2022, 03:33:05 AM
My initial thought exactly, however if I recall correctly, it is a limited edition figure, so this figure could be worth the price of its original shipping once its sold out already up in value once its sold out. So spending a little extra for its value may be worth it...

I am really just going to wait a little bit for a sale so I can scoop up the standard grey or brown version.

Also, apparently some people who have ordered the standing version of the Brachiosaurus experienced order cancellations. Saw this one instagram, anyone else experienced this?

BlueKrono

That's how I felt on the W-Dragon Mosasaur, but there was only one place to get it: Australia! 💀
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on January 08, 2022, 03:35:49 AM
My initial thought exactly, however if I recall correctly, it is a limited edition figure, so this figure could be worth the price of its original shipping once its sold out already up in value once its sold out. So spending a little extra for its value may be worth it...

I am really just going to wait a little bit for a sale so I can scoop up the standard grey or brown version.

Also, apparently some people who have ordered the standing version of the Brachiosaurus experienced order cancellations. Saw this one instagram, anyone else experienced this?

Mine shipped from Lana yesterday.   I think the shipping cost might have actually limited this figure.  I've been reading shipping from China has risen around 350% if it's oversized by any margin they just can't ship for what they did before.  It's possible  this situation has also limited larger PNSO pieces.  If they can't sell as many it makes sense. 

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 08, 2022, 05:16:18 AM

That's how I felt on the W-Dragon Mosasaur, but there was only one place to get it: Australia! 💀

Sugo? That's where I ordered it.  Oddly seems to be one of the only places to get these pieces. 

Faras

Over a dozen people on Chinese forum received resin Brachiosaurus with broken neck/tail/limbs (PVC ones seem fine). I'm thinking maybe it's best to ask retailer to unbox and add extra wrapping on the figure since factory packing offers little protection (mostly cause foams fail to hold stuffs in place imho).

Bread

That's a shame. I dodged a bullet with this piece.

I thought Nanmu wraps their figures with a plastic bag plus a bit of bubble wrap. That's how I've received my figures at least.

SidB

That's a remarkable lack of foresight on the part of the factory shippers, especially in light of the value of the figure. I'm glad, avatar_Bread @Bread , that you avoided that outcome.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on January 08, 2022, 02:26:53 PM
That's a remarkable lack of foresight on the part of the factory shippers, especially in light of the value of the figure. I'm glad, avatar_Bread @Bread , that you avoided that outcome.
Oh I want to note that I actually did not purchase this resin statue due to price and the fact that its resin. Not interested in those, especially with quality control issues being common. But yes thank you, I've never had issues with Nanmu products being broken, hopefully not many or any of us have had this issue though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: