News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Faelrin on January 05, 2022, 01:47:30 AM
A @Andysdinosaurreviews Thank you that's understandable. I would also appreciate that. Also looking forward to checking out the review on this new Paraceratherium.

You're very welcome! Thank you in advance for watching!!! I'm currently trying to figure out how to add an image, lol. I'm not too familiar with it.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Faelrin

A @Andysdinosaurreviews You need to take the image link after hosting it on imgur or whatever, and put it between "img" and "/img", but replace the quotes with brackets [ ]. I find it easiest to just click the image button when going to preview my post, and copying the link in there. There's also a detailed thread here that may be of help.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on January 05, 2022, 02:17:47 AM

There you go ^-^. Do you plan to repaint this particular figure A @Andysdinosaurreviews ? It'd be interesting to see the hair colour blended in with the rest of the body. Currently, it really does look like it's suffering from mange. Maybe a more exciting colour scheme like how @sinammonite (deviantart) does his Paraceratheriid reconstructions?

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Flaffy on January 05, 2022, 02:26:13 AM
Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on January 05, 2022, 02:17:47 AM

There you go ^-^. Do you plan to repaint this particular figure A @Andysdinosaurreviews ? It'd be interesting to see the hair colour blended in with the rest of the body. Currently, it really does look like it's suffering from mange. Maybe a more exciting colour scheme like how @sinammonite (deviantart) does his Paraceratheriid reconstructions?

You're a hero! I'm so old and simple. I couldn't figure out how to get the correct image url, lol. Thank you! I'll probably keep this one original but if i get another i'll probably repaint it. Also i actually really like the color scheme and appearance, but i can definitely see why people would view it as having mange. I think this one might be one of those "you love it or you hate it" figures.

Faelrin

A @Andysdinosaurreviews Thank you so much for getting the image between these two. It is at a perfect size for me. Probably too small to be in proper scale with both this and the Carnegie mammoth, but I guess I can live with that since my space is limited anyways. While I admit that I'm not the largest fan of the fur patches, it is a fair trade off for an otherwise decently sculpted and sized Paraceratherium, and much more affordable then the I-Toy one (although that is a wonderfully done figure as well). Could be a while before I can get my hands on this one because of my current situation, but well once I can I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thanks for helping getting the image to work.

Shonisaurus

He's not as big and bulky as you'd like but he's super cool will honestly make a good match with his iToy counterpart. It honestly looks a lot better in this photo than the initial promo photo. It is a deference that Collecta takes care of its customers.

That fluff on the body makes it an interesting mammal and even the tapir-like trunk doesn't look too bad. The variety of artistic styles when making paraceratherium is good.

Skorpio V.

"Oh Granny, what big ears you have!"

I think the red/grey colour combo is starting to grow on me, seeing it next to the khaki-ness of the Safari Mastodon. The release pictures really undersell its size!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

dinofelid

Quote from: Faelrin on January 05, 2022, 05:25:27 AM
It is at a perfect size for me. Probably too small to be in proper scale with both this and the Carnegie mammoth, but I guess I can live with that since my space is limited anyways.

I think it might scale well with the Safari Ltd Woolly Mammoth--according to the measurements given in the OP this Paraceratherium would seem to work well at 1:35 scale, and this page mentions the Safari Mammoth is 8.5 cm tall at the shoulders, so at 1:35 scale that would be 2.98 meters or 9.8 feet, which is about the middle of the range of male Woolly Mammoth sizes.

Faelrin

D @dinofelid Thank you for that information. I have that and the Carnegie one, as well as the Invicta.

Carnoking

After seeing Andy's impressive collection, I do not envy him the task of finding applicable comparisons amongst his displays. I find it annoying removing pieces from my setup(s) given how specifically everything has been placed in order to accommodate everything else, and moving one may knock something else over, and things rarely go back exactly how I would like them when I'm done. And that's just for my much less tightly packed shelves, I can't imagine the headache Andy would go through to dig out necessary pieces.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Carnoking on January 06, 2022, 12:18:56 PM
After seeing Andy's impressive collection, I do not envy him the task of finding applicable comparisons amongst his displays. I find it annoying removing pieces from my setup(s) given how specifically everything has been placed in order to accommodate everything else, and moving one may knock something else over, and things rarely go back exactly how I would like them when I'm done. And that's just for my much less tightly packed shelves, I can't imagine the headache Andy would go through to dig out necessary pieces.

Thank you! That's exactly my problem. Once you take one out it almost turns into a ripple effect that alters the entire thing causing it to quickly turn into a pretty significant task getting everything put back together. Regardless I've begun trying to implement more comparisons into my reviews, but it's not the most enjoyable thing to do, haha! I appreciate the understanding!

Fenestra

Quote from: Andysdinosaurreviews on January 06, 2022, 04:12:06 PM

Thank you! That's exactly my problem. Once you take one out it almost turns into a ripple effect that alters the entire thing causing it to quickly turn into a pretty significant task getting everything put back together. Regardless I've begun trying to implement more comparisons into my reviews, but it's not the most enjoyable thing to do, haha! I appreciate the understanding!

I've just seen your review of the Paraceratherium on STS forum. I totally understand how digging out other figures just for comparison is a pain in the....
But! .... *giggles* I must say that seeing some of the other Collecta mammals along with the new Paraceratherium was really pleasant to watch.

Hat's off to you Sir.
My respect for you for taking critisism (from here) and turn it into an opportunity .
Kudos!

Shonisaurus

The paraceratherium review is very detailed. Thank you and my congratulations on your review, A @Andysdinosaurreviews ! I pass the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_qGCRfZyg

It is vastly larger than I expected and is superior in size and quality to its Collecta predecessor. What I would like to see that paraceratherium next to its counterpart from Itoy, to compare size. You are fortunate to always have the news of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in advance, in this case those of Collecta. This is how we open our mouths even though we have to wait at least six months to pick up a figure.

Andysdinosaurreviews

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2022, 10:45:45 PM
The paraceratherium review is very detailed. Thank you and my congratulations on your review, A @Andysdinosaurreviews ! I pass the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_qGCRfZyg

It is vastly larger than I expected and is superior in size and quality to its Collecta predecessor. What I would like to see that paraceratherium next to its counterpart from Itoy, to compare size. You are fortunate to always have the news of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in advance, in this case those of Collecta. This is how we open our mouths even though we have to wait at least six months to pick up a figure.

Thank you very much for watching! I also appreciate you sharing and your kind words! I snagged a picture with the I-Toy version!

Quote from: Fenestra on January 06, 2022, 08:22:17 PM

I've just seen your review of the Paraceratherium on STS forum. I totally understand how digging out other figures just for comparison is a pain in the....
But! .... *giggles* I must say that seeing some of the other Collecta mammals along with the new Paraceratherium was really pleasant to watch.

Hat's off to you Sir.
My respect for you for taking critisism (from here) and turn it into an opportunity .
Kudos!

Thank you so much for watching and for the kind words!!! I truly appreciate it!!!

SidB

Quote from: Fenestra on January 06, 2022, 08:22:17 PM

Hat's off to you Sir.
Kudos!
Great to see the in-video  size comparison with the original Para, now 1/35 to the then 1/40, more or less. Also thanks, A @Andysdinosaurreviews  for the Itoy shot on the other post, much appreciated. Seems like the Itoy figure will scale best with 1/20 mammals.

Shonisaurus

A @Andysdinosaurreviews Thanks for the comparative photo, the Collecta paraceratherium next to IToy is small but it must be taken into account that it is the iToy paraceratherium is the largest prehistoric mammal made to date.

The paraceratherium looks very good. I like both scientific interpretations and that both companies make of said prehistoric mammal and I like both artistic philosophies.

Collecta's paraceratherium is very good and will make a good match with its iToy counterpart, when I have it if all goes well in six or nine months.

Shonisaurus

The smok wawelski is bigger than I thought and much prettier than the promotional figure honestly it is quite good and is on par with its enemy the lisowicia bojani they make a good pair for dioramas.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: