News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo new for 2022

Started by Takama, November 10, 2021, 04:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palaeontologica

Interesting line-up. I seriously hope Papo doesn't mess up the Kronosaurus.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

SpartanSquat

Excited for papo! I hope the protoceratops will be more like their previous ceratopsians. Styracosaurus is still avalible? Also I hope the marine reptiles would be cool!

suspsy

https://www.facebook.com/100042938846336/posts/558300232277933/?d=n

The Styracosaurus repaint is pretty dull. Surprising given how striking previous Papo repaints have been.

The Mosasaurus is actually decent, especially with the fluked tail and the speculative dorsal fluke.

The Protoceratops is a trainwreck. Schleich can pull off way better ceratopsians than this. Shoot, the Mattel Protoceratops is prettier.

Overall, a rather mediocre lot. Not that I really expected any different. Still would like to see the Kronosaurus (although I don't have any desire to get another version).
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Do you have a different way to view the images? Facebook is blocked on my school computer and Everything Dinosaurs hasn't made a blog post on it yet. Is the Protoceratops really that bad?
An oversized house cat.

CityRaptor

Is there a link for people who don't have a facebook account?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Bread

I actually really like the Styracosaurus repaint. I even prefer it to its original counterpart. Probably going to get it.

Mosasaurus looks nice. Definitely a step up from Papo's old prehistoric marine animals. I have CollectA's and I am happy with it, so there isn't a reason for me to get this. Also it's probably one of the most overdone prehistoric marine animals, but Papo knows what's popular so it will sell.

Is it too hard to make a good Protoceratops? I've been looking for one forever now. CollectA's is alright, not interested in Mattels, and this one is just unsettling to the eye. I am not trying to be negative about it, since I do like some of Papo's models, but this is indeed a trainwreck as suspsy said. There is Wild Past but I'd like a more affordable for its size kind of figure for this genus. I am hoping Safari will tackle this genus as they already have a beautiful velociraptor.

SpartanSquat

Not bad the styraco repaint, but I prefferd the pinkish orange from 2011. Mosasaurus looks really good! And what happened to protoceratops?! Papo did godly ceratopsians like penta! Sad due a proper protoceratops could fit really good with the feathered raptor.

Mattyonyx

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWVy_xiqtoo/

Based on the style, It looks like the Kronosaurus is sculpted by Mr. Seo, which makes me think that he switched roles with the other sculptor.

Faelrin

So once again nothing here interests me so I can save my money towards playing catch up with other brands. On the other hand what a shame to see them up like this.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

That protoceratops is a new low for papo.

Lynx

Does anyone have an image of the Protoceratops? I'm guessing it's:
1. In a bipedal or odd position
2. Horrible sculpt
3. Bad paint job
An oversized house cat.

bmathison1972

Are these confirmed? Or someone's artistic predictions?

Takama

Quote from: Lynx on November 16, 2021, 03:38:25 PM
Does anyone have an image of the Protoceratops? I'm guessing it's:
1. In a bipedal or odd position
2. Horrible sculpt
3. Bad paint job

Psittacoraptor

It looks like it's saying "Put me out of my misery".

Nanuqsaurus

Hmm, not really interested in getting any of these. I already have the Styracosaurus in its original colors, and I like that one well enough. The Mosasaurus looks like a generic sea monster and that Protoceratops looks like it was made by Schleich.

Gwangi

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on November 16, 2021, 03:59:25 PM
Hmm, not really interested in getting any of these. I already have the Styracosaurus in its original colors, and I like that one well enough. The Mosasaurus looks like a generic sea monster and that Protoceratops looks like it was made by Schleich.

That's honestly an insult to Schleich, their recent ceratopsians blow this monstrosity away.

Primeval12

I'll definitely be getting the Mososaurus. It looks really damn cool and I love it. The Protoceratops I may be getting if the jaw is able to shut. I think it'll look good with the jaw shut.

Dino Scream3232

The comments between page 1 and page 2 are like night and day lol. Looks like I'm saving some money.

Patrx

Well, I mentioned earlier that I was curious about their Protoceratops, but boy, that thing sure is unappealing. Ah, well. At least there's the big CollectA version, and some rather nice little Kaiyodo pieces for those looking for something smaller.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: