News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Oh joy. Another theropod decked out in feathers despite being no evidence of such and another pliosaur that can't be played with water due to the electronics. It's especially lame given that Kronosaurus was considerably bigger than Liopleurodon. Smooth moves, Mattel!

However, the Diabloceratops and Dryptosaurus look decent enough. I'm disappointed that the latter isn't blue like in the image for SDCC, but I still want it.

I'm also tempted by that Sinotyrannus, despite the fact that it was more likely to have had feathers than Eocarcharia.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Seems like there's a camp-extreme inspiration here where the environment of the dinosaur is inspiring the color scheme. Mountains have primarily cool tones, jungle has earth tones, desert has warm tones and water... well water seems all over the map but all we have is the Kronosaurus to go off of at the moment.

Flaffy

Oof these are rough... I hate how they brought back the intrusive slider button. One of the main reasons I didnt get the Ouranosaurus despite it being a half decent figure.

Eocarcharia literally has the same palette as Rugops... Along with the completely unnecessary feathering.

suspsy

Also, the Eocarcharia has the same colours as the Therizinosaurus. Twice as lame.

Gwangi

The Sinotyrannus and Diabloceratops are the standouts for me here. I'm impressed, they have paint on the tail of the Sinotyrannus.

MLMjp

Why did they brought back those slider buttons? ugh.

Only interested in the Kronosaurus, a shame they put it in the medium size range and not the medium-large (and the electronics) but at least it looks more robust than the Liopleurodon. The Diabloceratops is a maybe but I fear it will be yet another ceratopsian that its bigger than Triceratops when it shouldn't.

Man, I thought Eocarcharia would be Yutyrannus, yet another wasted opportunity... If I was a customizer I would try modifying it into one.

At least I am saving money next year, but it`s kinda frustrating seeing them going for species nobody asked for. You are not Collecta, Safari or PNSO, Mattel, there's still a lot of rather popular and well know species you can do instead of these and you are still missing film dinosaurs, plus you have the JW Evolution games as another source of inspiration.

Flaffy

I wonder why they didn't make Diabloceratops in the same size range as Kosmoceratops. It was one of the smallest ceratopsids. Styracosaurus should've taken the place as a bigger Roaravore-sized figure.

Kronosaurus is easily the strongest out of the bunch sculpt-wise, but man they really should've made it in the same size range as Mosasaurus...

Very weak wave all around imo. Not to mention the complete and utter lack of paint on most of them.

suspsy

Judging from the image, the Diabloceratops is slightly bigger than the Triceratops. And at this point, I think it's a given that Mattel is never, ever going to make a truly big Triceratops. Maaaaaaaybe there'll eventually be a Torosaurus if we're lucky.

Pliosaurking

I will wait to see more images, but thus far the kronosaurus is the only one peaking my interest. I'm dissatisfied with the size However

I want to see other angles as well as in hand images of these figures before I make a verdict on them

Faelrin

Whoever guessed Sinotyrannus was right. No idea why they made the Eocharchia feathered instead of the Sinotyrannus. Again, why make these instead of Acrocanthosaurus and Yutyrannus anyways? Ugh. Then again I already pre-ordered the BotM Yutyrannus, and no doubt I'll get the BotM and/or Cyberzoic one as well. Mattel's loss I guess. 🤷 Kronosaurus is a nice addition but too small, and again electronic. Diabloceratops no complaints, glad for the red color scheme too, though it looks like the slider gimmick is back or something similar. Surprised this isn't small like the Styracosaurus was too, but that's fine.

At least the shape of the skull does make sense for it be Eocharchia and not Yutyrannus though.

I am however surprised these were revealed so early on. Perhaps the leaks and/or being revealed at SDCC helped expedite that though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

The more I look at the Dryptosaurus, the more I feel like I still want get it, but I'm going to tell my sons it's an Allosaurus. They'll be happy with that.

PrimevalRaptor

Hah, I knew that crest could be Sinotyrannus! Some interesting species picks here but...yeah they seem to spin the roulette on who to feather, huh? (I mean I drew a feathered Carcharodontosaurus years ago but I feel this one here is just a roulette given the two tyrannosaurs without any fuzz lol)
Sinotyrannus, Dryptosaurus and Kronosaurus definitely are the standouts here though I really question why they made another electronic marine reptile, come on you know kids wanna play in bathtubs with them.

Eocarcharia

AAAAAAAAA MY TIME HAS COME, FINALLY SOMEONE ACTUALLY MADE AN EOCARCHARIA FIGURE.

Too bad it looks kinda shite. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me, as I've stopped collecting non-movie mainline figures. I appreciate the notion, though.

Faelrin

These Wave 3 minis were shared with me in an instagram comment, so I'm sharing these here too. Really glad to see Nasutoceratops and I guess Sinoceratops getting minis too. Glad the Pyroraptor is packed with the Sinoceratops. I'd like to avoid doubles if possible (since it was packed with the Therizinosaurus in Wave 2).

Edit: Oops forgot to add the image.

Edit 2: Lots of Dino Rivals stuff in this wave as well, with the Nasutoceratops, brown and orange Ceratosaurus, Yellow Suchomimus, and the green Concavenator.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shadowknight1

Sad that a mini that I'll likely never find is the closest we're getting to a film accurate Pyroraptor in the US
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

GojiraGuy1954

3rd? 4th? iteration of the thread is up now
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Have any Canadian fans come across Wave 2 stuff in stores yet?

Sovereign59

Target's inventory system has had me incredibly frustrated over the last week. Their website has shown the three closest Target's to me having X amount of Hammond Collection Triceratops, Ceratosaurus, Alan Grant, and Gallimimus in stock. But every time I get there, they are nowhere to be found. I don't bother calling ahead because I've tried in the past and I either get put on hold until the phone times out/I'm hung up on, or they tell me that there's no one available in the toy department. And I don't ask once I'm in the store for the same reason, there's never anyone working in the toy department and I don't want to bother someone else who isn't even from that department. Retail work is absolutely miserable, I don't want to add any extra stress onto anyone.

I was finally able to just order the figures off Target's website so hopefully the Hammond Collection ordeal is over for me for a while at least.

Shane

Quote from: Sovereign59 on August 03, 2022, 07:52:18 AMTarget's inventory system has had me incredibly frustrated over the last week. Their website has shown the three closest Target's to me having X amount of Hammond Collection Triceratops, Ceratosaurus, Alan Grant, and Gallimimus in stock. But every time I get there, they are nowhere to be found. I don't bother calling ahead because I've tried in the past and I either get put on hold until the phone times out/I'm hung up on, or they tell me that there's no one available in the toy department. And I don't ask once I'm in the store for the same reason, there's never anyone working in the toy department and I don't want to bother someone else who isn't even from that department. Retail work is absolutely miserable, I don't want to add any extra stress onto anyone.

I was finally able to just order the figures off Target's website so hopefully the Hammond Collection ordeal is over for me for a while at least.

Target's in-stock by store has historically always been woefully unreliable and inaccurate when it comes to toys.

Best to order online if you have the option, or go to your local store and see what's on shelves, because driving to specific stores that claim to show inventory of a specific item will never pay off.

I was finally able to get some Hammond stuff on their website, but even then I had to go roundabout ways for certain items to show up as "add to cart" instead of "find a store". Target's system overall is not the best, so it's frustrating when they're the only retailer for a specific line.

Dilopho

So next year's figures look to have a feature where the head tilts in the same direction as you slide the button on their backs... why couldnt they have dont something like that for the giganotosaurus? presuming they do indeed "lock" in place like the 2021 roar figures. It seems like a much more preferable feature to be able to pose your action figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: