News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 05:08:40 PM
Oddly no one mentions the Battle Damage Spino from Walmart and how rare it is..

Because that one's butt ugly
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gwangi

I like that Yangchuanosaurus, washes the taste of the Miragaia out of my mouth. Looking forward to that one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 22, 2022, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 05:08:40 PM
Oddly no one mentions the Battle Damage Spino from Walmart and how rare it is..

Because that one's butt ugly

Yet another personal opinion I suppose.  It's the same figure as the others, but with a cool three layer action feature no other figure in the line has and it's incredibly rare. Walmart had it for a super short time and then that was it. Like the Mosasaurus Playset.

Yangchuanosaurus does look alright not super sure about the head ornamentation there but it's different. If they shared that image I guess the leaked image is ok now showing a different angle?

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 08:34:01 PM
It's the same figure as the others, but with a cool three layer action feature

Faulty action feature on some though, as mine is slowly "bleeding" the gel from its wound through the belly seam. Although it is also one of the few figures with a "real-feel" skin flap and I like how the ribs flop out.

Yangchuanosaurus is cool, hope to see other angles on that one.

Carnoking

It's interesting that the BD Spinosaurus has become so sought after when the same can't yet be said for the BD Indominus rex. Perhaps it's because it is less "unique", and unlike the Spinosaurus, there's been a plentiful supply of the animal in a different form. Still, even with the relatively easy to get CC version, the Battle Damage offering has remained in high demand. Either way, I feel like the BD Indominus rex was just as limited in its release yet almost no one seems to talk about it.

Skorpio V.

What I find funny is that they seemed to have based it off of the JWE mod by Jagged Fang Design. Not JWE itself but a mod! I feel like this gives Mattel a much more down-to-earth root to it, as a multi-billion-dollar company.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Pliosaurking

Brocc21

Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 22, 2022, 09:28:41 PM
What I find funny is that they seemed to have based it off of the JWE mod by Jagged Fang Design. Not JWE itself but a mod! I feel like this gives Mattel a much more down-to-earth root to it, as a multi-billion-dollar company.

Mattel also ripped the design for their Carcharodontosaurus from JWE

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

CityRaptor

Pretty sure that basing one official product on another official product from the same franchise does not count as ripping off.

The Yang for sure looks like the Dilo's bigger, meaner sister.

Personally I'm excited for the Hammond Collection. Only got a few mainline figures so far and he Amber Collction was not sold here.  So if the Hammond one gets a wider release, then more power to them!

The way the Ferocious Pack figures are packed reminds me of the Snap Squads. It's obviously an effort to save on packaging, especially plastic, something other companies are also doing.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on January 22, 2022, 09:09:46 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 08:34:01 PM
It's the same figure as the others, but with a cool three layer action feature

Faulty action feature on some though, as mine is slowly "bleeding" the gel from its wound through the belly seam. Although it is also one of the few figures with a "real-feel" skin flap and I like how the ribs flop out.

Yangchuanosaurus is cool, hope to see other angles on that one.

I only have my one and it hasn't leaked as of yet. I do recall you mentioning that issue.  Might make it even more rare?

Here's this one from an old leak :

Quote from: Carnoking on January 22, 2022, 09:17:45 PM
It's interesting that the BD Spinosaurus has become so sought after when the same can't yet be said for the BD Indominus rex. Perhaps it's because it is less "unique", and unlike the Spinosaurus, there's been a plentiful supply of the animal in a different form. Still, even with the relatively easy to get CC version, the Battle Damage offering has remained in high demand. Either way, I feel like the BD Indominus rex was just as limited in its release yet almost no one seems to talk about it.

That's true. I bought one of them but was on the fence. It was just the same release as before with the battle damage on the ribs. I expect parents thought the same.  I did however only see it once then no more were ever stocked.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2022, 11:08:59 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 22, 2022, 09:17:45 PM
That's true. I bought one of them but was on the fence. It was just the same release as before with the battle damage on the ribs. I expect parents thought the same.  I did however only see it once then no more were ever stocked.
I think it had some extra poseability to it but I could be wrong. Still, you're right about it being much the same story to the original which is probably why it's less sought after or talked about than the very different battle damage spinosaurus. I've seen it a couple of times but usually with very limited stock (no more than 2-3 in one place) which means I probably saw more Battle Damage Spinos in the wild (that I stupidly passed on buying).

PrimevalRaptor

May be a bit too large for me to pick up but it's very nice to finally have another one of those on the market, the speculative crests are a really nice touch.

Flaffy

New leaks(?)

I assume the pliosaur is Liopleurodon.
Sauropod is allegedly Ampelosaurus.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2022, 01:13:43 AM
New leaks(?)

Two Triceratops and two Rajasaurus toys? I hope the blue version of the latter comes out first.

And ye gods, is that supposed to be Ampelosaurus? It looks absolutely hideous.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

A real shame the Rajasaurus has oversized forelimbs. Don't understand how and why Mattel got this specific detail wrong, when all their other abelisaurs have the characteristic midget arms.

The most disappointing design however is the Iguanodon. It really doesn't do justice to how massive and robust the real animal was, particularly the forelimbs. I guess this can partially be blamed on the JWD design.

Also, has anyone noticed that the head proportions of Mattel theropods keeps getting larger? A lot of these look like bobblehead figures, not dissimilar to how the Siats was proportioned. And the recently revealed Yangchuanosaurus has the same problem too.

GojiraGuy1954

Theyre above
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

Oh man, these are looking... pretty rough. Some of the new stuff doesn't look awful, pretty standard fare for Mattel's original sculpts, but man, when they miss do they ever miss. That Ampelosaurus looks like a chap mei figure, and without the caption, I'd have no idea that was Rajasaurus. My first thought was it was another go at Allosaurus.

As far as the repaints go, those range from not bad but not necessary (seriously, another trike? Two more trikes?? And still not a single one in accurate brown deco from the first film??) to downright atrocious. That ankylosaurus is somehow worse than the pineapple variant.

Of course, it's hard to tell from these grainy leaks just what the final product will turn out looking like, but after the reveals we've gotten so far, I won't hold my breath.

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2022, 01:18:49 AM
Also, has anyone noticed that the head proportions of Mattel theropods keeps getting larger? A lot of these look like bobblehead figures, not dissimilar to how the Siats was proportioned. And the recently revealed Yangchuanosaurus has the same problem too.

As for this, I'm hoping it's just the angle but I'm sure I'm grasping at straws.

BlueKrono

These look like the coolest JP/JW releases yet. Though I never did see an Ouranosaurus. I wonder if they could still be yet to make the rounds in stores?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Pliosaurking

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2022, 01:13:43 AM
New leaks(?)

Some of those look interesting to say the least.
Although I do quite like the liopleurodon. The ichthyovenator also looks pretty good.
But that ampelosaurus is an a abomination

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: