You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How much would you pay to see a live dinosaur?

Started by Cretaceous Crab, November 29, 2021, 12:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I am still not sure what my answer would be. I may decide to re-mortgage the house to make it happen! LOL  :))

Let's just pretend for kicks that through whatever means, someone had a single real live, non-avian dinosaur on exhibition. Of course there's a lot of variables to consider, so let's lay some ground rules.

1. It is your favorite dinosaur.
2. It is within reasonable traveling distance from your home.
3. It is just to see the dinosaur; doesn't include touching or feeding or whatever.
4. Of course, if we were all millionaires, money would be no object. But base your answer on your own financial means or station in life, because this would be a realistic factor in reality, I imagine.

So how much you pay to see your favorite dino in the flesh?

Shonisaurus

To see a living dinosaur obviously you would only pay the cost of travel and the money equivalent to the entrance to a zoo. I would very much like to see a dinosaur for example a spinosaurus, tyrannosaurus, diplodocus or triceratops but I would not pay more than that, I have possibilities but to spend more of the money I have mentioned would be to spend excessively and it would seem crazy to me no matter how much I love dinosaurs.

The aforementioned would pay for the displacement to see the dinosaurs that could be a town even far from mine such as the US, China or India to put three examples together with the living and accommodation costs and the entrance to the park where that dinosaur was, plus I would not spend and I would do it in the Christmas or summer vacation period since I work. Honestly, I would not spend more than necessary, I really like dinosaurs but in that hypothetical case I would not make the folly of paying an excessive fortune just to see my favorite dinosaur as I have already mentioned.

I would pay the price you pay to see a zoo animal.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reuben03

haha imagine paying money when you could just sprinkle crumbs on the ground and wait

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 29, 2021, 06:58:54 PM
haha imagine paying money when you could just sprinkle crumbs on the ground and wait

Was thinking the same,... but then... would that attract your favorite dinosaur?  ;)
Mine lives in Papua New Guinea so travelling costs would be the main issue.... the other ones like 200 mya back in time or so.... so how much would I pay to see a Stegosaurus or an Apatosaurus....
..not sure... maybe like 500 max for the family ticket?

Reuben03

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 29, 2021, 07:46:58 PM

Was thinking the same,... but then... would that attract your favorite dinosaur?  ;)
Mine lives in Papua New Guinea so travelling costs would be the main issue.... the other ones like 200 mya back in time or so.... so how much would I pay to see a Stegosaurus or an Apatosaurus....
..not sure... maybe like 500 max for the family ticket?
TRUE HAHA yeah i was annoyed i'll never meet a deinonychus until i cuddled a pigeon. all the dinosaurs i could ever need are right here on this earth!

Cretaceous Crab

It crossed my mind,, too.. Note the initial post states "non-avian" dinosaur.  ;)

Libraraptor

Reuben03

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on November 30, 2021, 12:34:49 AM

It crossed my mind,, too.. Note the initial post states "non-avian" dinosaur.  ;)
im still cheap as hell LOL id find a way to not pay a penny somehow

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 30, 2021, 10:03:58 AM
Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on November 30, 2021, 12:34:49 AM

im still cheap as hell LOL id find a way to not pay a penny somehow

You could still climb the fence and see if the story of the goat is true... :D

Ostafrikasaurus

Assuming I had adequate time to save up, I would probably shell out a couple of Ben Franklin's to see a live dinosaur, depending on its size. As for the species, I don't suppose I would be too picky, I think I'd be excited to see any dinosaur, whatever kind it was.  ;D
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

JohannesB

If I were allowed to film and photograph it, I would pay a few thousand dollars (equivalent of one or two months' wages) I guess.

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: JohannesB on April 22, 2022, 12:16:39 AM
If I were allowed to film and photograph it, I would pay a few thousand dollars (equivalent of one or two months' wages) I guess.

And then sell the photos and film to multiple media outlets for a profit.  8) The holocene hustle is real.
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Dan

Everything. The answer is every bit of it, obviously.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.