News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

In addition, Austroraptor is a dinosaur, and a theropod too, which automatically makes it more popular than a mammal.  ::)

This thread exists exactly for the purpose stated in its title, it's just to share hopes and dreams and everyone here is aware that some of those hopes and dreams are unlikely to ever see fruition. I see no merit in picking apart the lists of others, people want what they want, let them hope and dream.

Over9K

I hope for a Styracosaurus and other ceratopsians, I dream of a nice big Colombian Mammoth and an Arsinoitherium...

Renecito

- Deinocheirus
- Therizinosaurus
- Gigantoraptor
- Baryonyx
- Suchomimus
- Ouranosaurus

- Sarchosuchus
- Purussaurus

- Archelon
- Nothosaurus

- Leedsichthys
- Rhizodont

- Quetzatcoatlus
- Hatzegopteryx
- Arambourgiania
- Cryodrakon

- Kelenken

- Mammoth
- Aurochs
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Lynx

Quote from: Antey on December 12, 2021, 07:50:47 PM
sorry colleagues, but you look like little children with your giant unmotivated wishlists.
Understandably, everyone has their own Christmas list. But you need to understand about the commercial efficiency of investments. Nobody wants the company to go broke after all your desires?
Therefore, I have a proposal to release those figures that are guaranteed to be sold and will be liked by everyone.
An example is the mahairodus from the last video. Nobody published Makhairodov, and this is the ancestor of the last saber-toothed! And the model is luxurious in performance. Here is a desire that will suit both the firm and its fans.

Excuse you? This is a hopes and dreams channel, wishlists can be as ridiculous and unlikely as the writer wishes, it's all just for fun. Nobody is specifically asking or forcing the company to make them "causing them to go broke", it's just what they hope or dream to see coming. No opinion is superior to another.
An oversized house cat.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on December 12, 2021, 02:27:36 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 12, 2021, 02:00:50 PM
A theropod like cryolophosaurus would be the exception and also a deinonychus, velociraptor and a mapusaurus. Please a mapusaurus! and a concavenator of acceptable size that exceeds the one that is the prettiest in toy form to me, the Safari Carnegie concavenator.

Hi avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I think you mean exceptional not exception?  Exception means "not included".  I hope this doesn't come across as rude, I'm just hoping it can help!

Thanks, Sim is the damn translator who causes a lot of misunderstandings, forgive me not only you but the rest of DTF members.

SenSx

Quote from: Renecito on December 13, 2021, 12:22:27 AM

- Sarchosuchus
- Purussaurus

Oh yes prehistoric crocodiles, I did not even allow myself to dream of those made by PNSO
I would add Deinosuchus.
But they are just crocs, I doubt PNSO would make them.

Renecito

Quote from: SenSx on December 13, 2021, 11:30:33 AM
Quote from: Renecito on December 13, 2021, 12:22:27 AM

- Sarchosuchus
- Purussaurus

Oh yes prehistoric crocodiles, I did not even allow myself to dream of those made by PNSO
I would add Deinosuchus.
But they are just crocs, I doubt PNSO would make them.

Yes, I forgot to mention the Deinosuchus. Personally I think anything is possible with PNSO especially after they produced a Cretoxyrhina figure.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

I would be very tempted to buy either a Deinosuchus or a Purussaurus. Not Sarcosuchus, though. The Safari version is already perfect.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Quote from: suspsy on December 12, 2021, 09:50:42 PM
Quote from: Antey on December 12, 2021, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on December 12, 2021, 08:20:50 PM
This thread is not for us to analyze and consider company policies, investment risks and the likes. It's exactly for "little children's unmotivated wishlists", as you so aptly put it. Here we dream and desire.
if you believe that the manufacturer reads your messages, then you must motivate him by explaining his desires.
Mahayrod is a saber-tooth, after which the entire branch of saber-toothed is named. And he reigned on the planet for millions of years. And the Austroraptor is just another obscure dromaeosaurid. How do you motivate the manufacturer?

. . . "Mahayrod"?

Assuming you mean Machairodus, one can just as easily argue that it's another obscure felid as opposed to the world-famous and more charismatic Smilodon. One can also argue that Austroraptor is similarly more charismatic, plus it has "raptor" in its name. Big selling point right there. 

I fail to see the benefit in dismissing or denigrating other people's personal hopes and dreams. Theirs have every bit as much merit as yours.

Excellent post avatar_suspsy @suspsy, I agree with you.  I'll also add that Austroraptor is the tallest dromaeosaurid/unenlagiid, that too is a selling point.  Additionally it looks unique and hasn't been made into a figure by anyone, two more things that make it appealing.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on December 13, 2021, 02:10:03 PM
I would be very tempted to buy either a Deinosuchus or a Purussaurus. Not Sarcosuchus, though. The Safari version is already perfect.

A Purussaurus is on my list too, for any company to make.

Halichoeres

Today I learned that collecting dinosaur toys is a hobby for mature, business-minded adults! Thank you for sharing your wisdom and savvy avatar_Antey @Antey

The list of likely releases that's been making the rounds doesn't do much for me, because it's mostly taxa that I have pretty nice figures of. If it were some other company, that might bum me out, but not with PNSO. For example, when in late 2020 Safari announced three new theropods, two of them close relatives, and all from a single geological period, that was a real downer for me. They have so few slots and it's kind of a zero-sum game between something novel and something familiar. But PNSO is so prolific that if I just sit tight, by-and-by they'll make something I'm excited about. Their early 2021 releases didn't do much for me either--they had a long streak of same-y theropods--but later in the year they dropped a shark, a ratfish, an ichthyosaur, and a placoderm. So I'm optimistic for 2022 and it's a little bit easier for me to be vicariously happy for people who are excited about the new Triceratops, for example.

Anyway, more specifically, I'd like to see PNSO balance out their offerings a little bit. This is a quick chart I whipped up based on the DinoToyCollector database showing every PNSO figure (excluding repaints, repackages, and bronze or resin statues) by geological period.

There's more from the Cretaceous (~79 million years) than from the entire remainder of the Phanerozoic (~462 million years). I kinda get it, the Cretaceous is when most sauropsid lineages achieved maximum size and all that, but I'm trying to build a museum of ancient life here, not fanboy about who would win in a fight.

Taxonomically speaking, all non-dinosaur lineages are thinly represented by PNSO, so anything Paleozoic, Triassic, synapsid, fish, turtle, choristodere, etc. would be welcome. Even within true dinosaurs, there are some major gaps:
maniraptorans
neornithischians other than hadrosaurs and ceratopsids
sauropodomorphs
Those latter three aren't as important to me as non-dinosaurs, but I could get behind them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

Does this chart count the hundred mini dinosaurs? As far as I know, the majority are from the cretaceous, but I'm still curious to see how the list would change, though I think you added them.
An oversized house cat.

Patrx

I feel like a bit of a broken record suggesting these, but I'd love bigger versions of some of their mini dinosaurs, like Tianyulong, Sinosauropteryx, Mei, and Anchiornis. The mini versions are fantastic, but they're just so ... well, mini!

Sim

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 10, 2021, 11:20:42 PM
[...]
Herrerasaurus would love to see this done right in a larger scale, like 1/24?
[...]
Ceratosaurus I'm adding this because I want them to do this in 1/35 with the treatment they gave connor and paul, that would be awesome!
[...]
These would all be automatic pickups for me :)

Yes, I'd like Herrerasaurus to be in a larger scale than 1:35/1:40 too.  I'd be interested in a Ceratosaurus as well, I just hope that if PNSO makes it they don't give it claws on its fourth finger, if I'm remembering right Scott Hartman said that finger in Ceratosaurus doesn't have a claw.

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on December 11, 2021, 11:43:15 PM
[...]
I really want for them to remake their Giganotosaurus. Desperate need of one now other than the Eofauna that I already have. Vitae is too rare.

I'm past the point of being tired of Giganotosaurus, so I too would be interested in PNSO making a new Giganotosaurus.

Quote from: suspsy on December 12, 2021, 01:18:09 AM
I'd like dromaeosaurs, ornithomimosaurs, and therizinosaurs. I don't know what the aversion is lately to the former.

Yeah the aversion to dromaeosaurids by PNSO and CollectA is weird.  Dromaeosaurids are one the most popular types of prehistoric animals, and I noticed Safari's feathered Velociraptor, Microraptor and Deinonychus are among their better selling figures.  David Silva's dromaeosaurid-focused Beasts of the Mesozoic series was a huge success as well.  There are some really nice choices for figures among dromaeosaurids, ornithomimosaurs and therizinosaurs, figures representing those groups by PNSO would get my interest.

Quote from: SenSx on December 12, 2021, 11:36:49 AM
[...]
- Herrerasaurus: right now my most wanted, wether it comes from PNSO, Safari or an other good company, all I have is the Schleich one for now...  Yeah a Herrerasaurus would be great from any good company.
[...]
- Gallimimus  I'd like this one to be fully feathered!
[...]
- Baryonyx: the Safari Baryonyx is really awesome, but I'm still curious to see how PNSO would handle that specie, with maybe a more original paint job.  The Baryonyx I like a lot is the Favorite version but I too would be intrigued to see a Baryonyx from PNSO.
[...]
I'm hype for the rumored PNSO Acrocanthosaurus, I hope it will have a decent size.  Same here!
My comments in bold.

Quote from: Takama on December 12, 2021, 06:19:27 PM
[...]
Coelophysis
Utahraptor
Velociraptor
Deinonychus
[...]
Suchomimus or Baryonyx
A Therizinosaur
New Amargasaurus
[...]
Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus
[...]

I'd be interested in all of these from PNSO!  I have to say the one I'd like the most is a new Amargasaurus.  Amargasaurus is my favourite sauropod and PNSO's museum line version is so good except for the mistake of making the first neck spike paired.  Frustratingly there isn't another good Amargasaurus that is accurate.  For such a unique and striking animal there really should be an accurate figure of it.  Perhaps PNSO could make a new Amargasaurus that is actually 1:35 scale?  With regards to the Coelophysis and the Diplodocus that you listed I can't imagine how PNSO could make one that is better than the Safari and Eofauna versions respectively.  But if they want to try I'm not stopping them!  If PNSO makes Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus I hope they don't make them in a smaller scale than 1:40.

SRF

For 2022, on top of my wishlist are:

- Edmontosaurus Annectens
- Deinocheirus
- a Dromeosaurid (a Velociraptor would make sense in the year that a new JP/JW movie is released, but something else would be even better)
- Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus (no need for both)
- Struthiomimus
- that Edmontonia they've never released.

Also a Daspletosaurus from PNSO would be very nice. Never picked up the Safari one and I don't think I will eventually.
But today, I'm just being father

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Forgot to mention I'd love a Muttaburrasaurus, but I don't think that one is popular anymore.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 14, 2021, 12:31:50 AM
Forgot to mention I'd love a Muttaburrasaurus, but I don't think that one is popular anymore.
One of those dinosaurs I have been enamored with since the Invicta days.. Would love to see it happening!

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thank you for doing the research, fascinating conclusions!

SenSx

I  forgot about Megalosaurus.
I know they've released the cool Torvosaurus that looks a lot like Megalosaurus, but I think this legacy dinosaur finally deserves a good figure (I'm not a big fan of the Collecta version).

Antey

Quote from: SRF on December 13, 2021, 09:54:10 PM
For 2022, on top of my wishlist are:

- Edmontosaurus Annectens
- Deinocheirus
- a Dromeosaurid (a Velociraptor would make sense in the year that a new JP/JW movie is released, but something else would be even better)
- Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus (no need for both)
- Struthiomimus
- that Edmontonia they've never released.

Also a Daspletosaurus from PNSO would be very nice. Never picked up the Safari one and I don't think I will eventually.
Nice list! But I would like to see more hopes and dreams of the PNSO leadership. :) I'm afraid they will choose from the most popular dinosaurs. Which are guaranteed to get into the wish list of potential buyers. And usually these are either eternal tyrannosaurs (hurray! I love tyrannosaurs), or fresh discoveries, which are now heard about. Although I feel sorry for everyone who just wants to close gaping holes in species that no one has released yet. By the way, who released the mahayrodus?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Thialfi on December 14, 2021, 12:44:35 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thank you for doing the research, fascinating conclusions!

My pleasure, of course!

Quote from: Lynx on December 13, 2021, 05:00:40 PM
Does this chart count the hundred mini dinosaurs? As far as I know, the majority are from the cretaceous, but I'm still curious to see how the list would change, though I think you added them.

Yes. There are 55 unique miniature molds (48 from the standard "Little Dinosaurs" line, and 7 from the China Post set), and I've counted all of them, but not the repainted versions, which bumps that up to more than 70. The biggest difference if they were excluded would be that the Triassic would look even more neglected.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: