News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

The list of rumoured new PNSO figures appears to be based on truth now that one of the figures on the list has been revealed, the Triceratops.  Since there's eight figures on the list and PNSO has been revealing a new figure roughly once a week, it looks like we know what PNSO will be releasing through to the beginning of 2022.  So, I thought now would be a good time for a thread where we can post what we'd like from PNSO for 2022!

I'd like any of these from PNSO in 2022:

Theropods
Herrerasaurus
Dilophosaurus
Suchomimus (this could be epic!)
Xiongguanlong
Sinraptor (is rumoured to be happening)
Deinocheirus (fully feathered similar to PNSO's Yutyrannus)
Austroraptor (this would be epic and nobody has made it yet!)
Archaeopteryx
Acrocanthosaurus (is rumoured to be happening)
Linheraptor
Sinornithosaurus
Buitreraptor
Velociraptor

Ornithiscians
Iguanodon (is rumoured to be happening)
Kentrosaurus
Styracosaurus (is rumoured to be happening)
Stegosaurus from the museum line with a new colouration
Gobisaurus (it has never been made!)
Chasmosaurus (with mouth closed)
Jinyunpelta (I would really like a nice model of it and the Vitae one was too fragile and reached me broken)
Hesperosaurus male and female that show the sexual dimorphism in their plates, nobody has made a Hesperosaurus yet!
Anchiceratops (with mouth closed)
Gastonia
Edmontonia rugosidens

Non-dinosaurs
Styxosaurus snowii (it has never been made into a figure and PNSO's prehistoric marine animal series is noticeably lacking a long-necked plesiosauroid)
Liopleurodon
Rhamphorhynchus (this was named nearly 200 years ago, is extremely well-known from fossils yet it doesn't have a good model)
Scaphognathus (this was named nearly 200 years ago, was the first pterosaur found to have pycnofibers and it still doesn't have any figures of it!)
Edestus
Attenborosaurus
Eudimorphodon
Harpactognathus (this has never been made even though it's a striking Morrison Formation pterosaur)
Kunpengopterus (this has never been made)

Antey

It's naive. Do you think PNSO is really following our messages?

Sim

I think PNSO might read our posts.  Another member even posted that it seems like PNSO reads our posts.

suspsy

Quote from: Antey on December 10, 2021, 09:31:41 PM
It's naive. Do you think PNSO is really following our messages?

We do "Hopes and Dreams" threads every single year and we don't really give a fig about whether or not the companies are paying attention. It's about having fun.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Sim on December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

I'd like any of these from PNSO in 2022:

Theropods
Herrerasaurus would love to see this done right in a larger scale, like 1/24?
Suchomimus (this could be epic!) yes it would!
Deinocheirus (fully feathered similar to PNSO's Yutyrannus)
Acrocanthosaurus (is rumoured to be happening) I'm preordering as soon as it drops
Ceratosaurus I'm adding this because I want them to do this in 1/35 with the treatment they gave connor and paul, that would be awesome!
Styracosaurus (is rumoured to be happening) must buy for me, one my favorites

These would all be automatic pickups for me :)

GiganotosaurusFan

Yep, avatar_Sim @Sim , they read our posts! I think one of the lurkers around here is PNSO, with some other companies as well!
I really want for them to remake their Giganotosaurus. Desperate need of one now other than the Eofauna that I already have. Vitae is too rare.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Thialfi

Cenozoic mammals, cenozoic mammals, cenozoic mammals..

suspsy

I'd like dromaeosaurs, ornithomimosaurs, and therizinosaurs. I don't know what the aversion is lately to the former.

Antey

you can leave wishes on their Instagram page, they even sometimes answer

SenSx

So many dinosaurs I want from them  ;D

- Herrerasaurus: right now my most wanted, wether it comes from PNSO, Safari or an other good company, all I have is the Schleich one for now...
- Cryolophosaurus
- Dilophosaurus
- Gallimimus

- Gigantoraptor
- Megalosaurus
- Suchomimus
- Albertosaurus
- Megaraptor

Those five are also under represented and desperately need a good figure.

- Quetzalcoatlus: I want a standing one, but rumors say GR Toys will answer my wish soon, maybe PNSO should hurry if they want to make theirs.

And now as a bonus:

- Deinocheirus
- Therizinosaurus
- Baryonyx: the Safari Baryonyx is really awesome, but I'm still curious to see how PNSO would handle that specie, with maybe a more original paint job.

I own the Collecta Deinocheirus and Papo Therizinosaurus, but I don't feel they are the ultimate versions.

I'm hype for the rumored PNSO Acrocanthosaurus, I hope it will have a decent size.

Shonisaurus

In my case I wish a therizinosaurus is a prehistoric animal of which I need another interpretation from the scientific point of view and I sincerely believe that the version of Collecta and Papo to give two examples can be surpassed by PNSO. I hope a good therizinosaurus or one of the same family from PNSO ,. They have more than enough potential to make that dinosaur.

I would also like a kosmoceratops and a medusaceratops to give two examples and a protoceratops that surpasses those that exist on the market.

A theropod like cryolophosaurus would be the exception and also a deinonychus, velociraptor and a mapusaurus. Please a mapusaurus! and a concavenator of acceptable size that exceeds the one that is the prettiest in toy form to me, the Safari Carnegie concavenator.

We need more tyrannosauroids like daspletosaurus, gorgosaurus, albertosaurus or an alioramus.

An iguanodon, hypacrosaurus, or edmontosaurus would be great as long as the sizes were great.

Prehistoric fish we need for example a xiphactinus, a leedsichthys problematicus I would like a large solid PVC although it would not exactly disgust a vinyl one with seams.

Well the list is endless as endless are the new PNSO revelations. This company has more than enough potential.

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 12, 2021, 02:00:50 PM
A theropod like cryolophosaurus would be the exception and also a deinonychus, velociraptor and a mapusaurus. Please a mapusaurus! and a concavenator of acceptable size that exceeds the one that is the prettiest in toy form to me, the Safari Carnegie concavenator.

Hi avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I think you mean exceptional not exception?  Exception means "not included".  I hope this doesn't come across as rude, I'm just hoping it can help!

Takama

Yi qi
Caudiptirix
Mei long
Coelophysis
Utahraptor
Velociraptor
Deinonychus
Concavenator
Suchomimus or Baryonyx
A Therizinosaur
New Amargasaurus
Diplodocus
Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus
Any Long Necked Plesiosaur
Any Land Going Cenozoic Mammal

That Concludes my list

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Suchomimus
Zby
Lufengosaurus
Udanoceratops
Tlatolophus
Lessemsaurus
Gigantoraptor
Utahraptor
Drepanosaurus
Futabasaurus
Anuragnathus
Cryodraken
Herrerasaurus
Australovenator
Deltadromeus
Zhuchengtyrannus
Tenontosaurus
Zuul
Histriasaurus
Denversaurus
Eustreptospondylus
Zalmoxes
Stenonychosaurus
Zhejiangsaurus
Edmontonia
Nothronychus
Lurdusaurus
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Antey

sorry colleagues, but you look like little children with your giant unmotivated wishlists.
Understandably, everyone has their own Christmas list. But you need to understand about the commercial efficiency of investments. Nobody wants the company to go broke after all your desires?
Therefore, I have a proposal to release those figures that are guaranteed to be sold and will be liked by everyone.
An example is the mahairodus from the last video. Nobody published Makhairodov, and this is the ancestor of the last saber-toothed! And the model is luxurious in performance. Here is a desire that will suit both the firm and its fans.

Antey

And the above is not my wishlist! I want Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus, Edmontosaurus and New Giganotosaurus. And many more. But the firm must weigh everything, not just my wishes.

Thialfi

This thread is not for us to analyze and consider company policies, investment risks and the likes. It's exactly for "little children's unmotivated wishlists", as you so aptly put it. Here we dream and desire.

Sim

avatar_Antey @Antey, the wishlists here are full of motivation, people wouldn't post an unmotivated wishlist.  As for people looking like children, if that's true it would apply to anyone interested in prehistoric animal toys, including you. :P  I think people don't expect PNSO to release everything they list, they hope PNSO will release any of what they list.  I did make that distinction in the original post of this thread.  I think for any figure there will be some people that don't like it.  For example you mentioned PNSO should make a Machairodus that was shown in a video, well, I wouldn't like it as it falls into the large group of mammals I don't like.  But that doesn't mean PNSO shouldn't make it!  You and probably many others would like it so that makes it worth making.  I think it's a similar situation for most if not all of the other species people have expressed wanting in this thread.

You mentioned that Machairodus hasn't been made by anyone, well, I specified that some species I listed haven't been made by anyone too so that could be something the company considers when choosing what species to make.  As well as Machairodus I think Austroraptor would be a very successful choice if PNSO makes it, it's never been made and it would probably be very popular.

I'm glad to see you post your wishlist in the end there! :))  Please do post the other species you'd like PNSO to make if you'd like to, I'm interested to know what they are!

Antey

Quote from: Thialfi on December 12, 2021, 08:20:50 PM
This thread is not for us to analyze and consider company policies, investment risks and the likes. It's exactly for "little children's unmotivated wishlists", as you so aptly put it. Here we dream and desire.
if you believe that the manufacturer reads your messages, then you must motivate him by explaining his desires.
Mahayrod is a saber-tooth, after which the entire branch of saber-toothed is named. And he reigned on the planet for millions of years. And the Austroraptor is just another obscure dromaeosaurid. How do you motivate the manufacturer?

suspsy

Quote from: Antey on December 12, 2021, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on December 12, 2021, 08:20:50 PM
if you believe that the manufacturer reads your messages, then you must motivate him by explaining his desires.
Mahayrod is a saber-tooth, after which the entire branch of saber-toothed is named. And he reigned on the planet for millions of years. And the Austroraptor is just another obscure dromaeosaurid. How do you motivate the manufacturer?

. . . "Mahayrod"?

Assuming you mean Machairodus, one can just as easily argue that it's another obscure felid as opposed to the world-famous and more charismatic Smilodon. One can also argue that Austroraptor is similarly more charismatic, plus it has "raptor" in its name. Big selling point right there. 

I fail to see the benefit in dismissing or denigrating other people's personal hopes and dreams. Theirs have every bit as much merit as yours.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: