News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Antey on December 14, 2021, 04:10:10 PM
Nice list! But I would like to see more hopes and dreams of the PNSO leadership. :) I'm afraid they will choose from the most popular dinosaurs. Which are guaranteed to get into the wish list of potential buyers.
I kind of disagree. In a way PNSO do produce the most popular dinosaurs or prehistoric animals, but they also bring out species that have ever yet to receive a figure. PNSO is truly a mystery to some extent when it comes to picking prehistoric animals.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on December 14, 2021, 05:25:09 PM
Nice list! But I would like to see more hopes and dreams of the PNSO leadership. :) I'm afraid they will choose from the most popular dinosaurs. Which are guaranteed to get into the wish list of potential buyers.
I kind of disagree. In a way PNSO do produce the most popular dinosaurs or prehistoric animals, but they also bring out species that have ever yet to receive a figure. PNSO is truly a mystery to some extent when it comes to picking prehistoric animals.
IMO, that mysterious quality, i.e. unpredictability, is a tremendous asset.

Sim

Quote from: SRF on December 13, 2021, 09:54:10 PM
[...]
- Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus (no need for both)
[...]
- that Edmontonia they've never released.

Also a Daspletosaurus from PNSO would be very nice. Never picked up the Safari one and I don't think I will eventually.

PNSO's tyrannosauroids have been very good, I too would like them to make Albetosaurus or Gorgosaurus.  I'm happy with the Safari Daspletosaurus which is D. torosus, I'd like PNSO to make Daspletosaurus horneri though!  As for the Edmontonia, the neck armour didn't look right so I'm hoping it was just one of those images floating around like the Brachiosaurus, Dimetrodon, etc. and an actual PNSO Edmontonia would be accurate.

Quote from: Thialfi on December 14, 2021, 12:44:35 AM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 14, 2021, 12:31:50 AM
Forgot to mention I'd love a Muttaburrasaurus, but I don't think that one is popular anymore.
One of those dinosaurs I have been enamored with since the Invicta days.. Would love to see it happening!
[...]

I'd like a Muttaburrasaurus too! :)

Nice list! But I would like to see more hopes and dreams of the PNSO leadership. :) I'm afraid they will choose from the most popular dinosaurs. Which are guaranteed to get into the wish list of potential buyers. And usually these are either eternal tyrannosaurs (hurray! I love tyrannosaurs), or fresh discoveries, which are now heard about. Although I feel sorry for everyone who just wants to close gaping holes in species that no one has released yet. By the way, who released the mahayrodus?

There's no need to feel sorry for anyone, PNSO has released popular and obscure species - even ones that aren't new discoveries e.g. Tuojiangosaurus, Himalayasaurus.  So they could release any of what people have wished for in this thread.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I take umbridge with calling Tuojiangosaurus obscure. It was in my childhood dinosaur books and doesn't count as obscure in my books.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

Well, Tuojiangosaurus doesn't seem to be one of the more well-known dinosaurs, it didn't even have any figure toys until PNSO made a mini and later a larger version of it.  So Tuojiangosaurus and Himalayasaurus are examples where PNSO has made toys of animals that didn't have any prior.  Perhaps Tuojiangosaurus is between "popular" and "obscure", but I can use Chungkingosaurus as another example of an obscure prehistoric animal that PNSO was the first to make toys of.  Even among PNSO's first five figures there were obscure species: Mandschurosaurus, Euhelopus, Huanghetitan...  The point is PNSO has released popular and obscure species.

stargatedalek

Chungkingosaurus was featured in some Jurassic World media, and was something of a known name for it (one of the most mentioned [and hated] dinosaurs that was not among the big names). Search traffic was definitely around. whether it influenced PNSO or not who knows.

Antey

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 16, 2021, 01:28:02 AM
Chungkingosaurus was featured in some Jurassic World media, and was something of a known name for it (one of the most mentioned [and hated] dinosaurs that was not among the big names). Search traffic was definitely around. whether it influenced PNSO or not who knows.
It was definitely influenced by the fact that all these previously unreleased dinosaurs were found in China. Should we expect rare species from other regions? Not sure.

Shonisaurus

I would like for PNSO to make a stegouros elengassen in a large and small size toy figure. It is a rather curious ankylosaurus and as it is also a new paleontological discovery, it would be interesting for PNSO to do so. I love his curious and exotic defensive mace.

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 16, 2021, 01:28:02 AM

Like you say Chungkingosaurus wasn't among the big names, so I think it's still an obscure choice along with Tuojiangosaurus too.  Not everyone into prehistoric animals follows the JP franchise, I certainly don't and didn't know Chungkingosaurus had been featured in JW media.  If a prehistoric animal that's obscure is used in the JP franchise it doesn't automatically lose its obscure status.  For example I think Chialingosaurus is still obscure even if a JW toy of it was made.

Quote from: Antey on December 16, 2021, 04:38:30 AM
It was definitely influenced by the fact that all these previously unreleased dinosaurs were found in China. Should we expect rare species from other regions? Not sure.

It's true a lot of these rare species PNSO has made are from China, but Machairoceratops, Spinops and Eurhinosaurus aren't.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

To think I used to think more people knew Tuojiangosaurus than Kentrosaurus. I certainly knew Tuojiangosaurus years before Kentrosaurus.

I would like to add a few animals to my wish list:
Wendiceratops
Bagaulia
Alectrosaurus
Bactrosaurus
Erlikosaurus
Menucocelsior
Omeisaurus
Ambobteryx
Garudimimus
Vallibonavenatrix
Sinornithomimus
Ludodactylus
Pararhabdodon
Issi

Also my hope is that they never release a full size Baryonyx
Before anyone says, don't buy it then. That's not the point. If PNSO makes a Baryonyx, (unless the figure is awful which is unlikely) I will buy it, and I don't want to be forced into it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Strepsodus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 17, 2021, 12:35:54 AM
To think I used to think more people knew Tuojiangosaurus than Kentrosaurus. I certainly knew Tuojiangosaurus years before Kentrosaurus.

I would like to add a few animals to my wish list:
Wendiceratops
Bagaulia
Alectrosaurus
Bactrosaurus
Erlikosaurus
Menucocelsior
Omeisaurus
Ambobteryx
Garudimimus
Vallibonavenatrix
Sinornithomimus
Ludodactylus
Pararhabdodon
Issi

Also my hope is that they never release a full size Baryonyx
Before anyone says, don't buy it then. That's not the point. If PNSO makes a Baryonyx, (unless the figure is awful which is unlikely) I will buy it, and I don't want to be forced into it.

jeez, i would buy all of those (except for the Bary, as I'm happy with Safari's version)

ZoPteryx

Certainly looking forward to the remaining rumored (confirmed?) PNSO releases, especially the Acrocanthosaurus and Centrosaurus.

My hopes for the future include:

Ouranosaurus: It's a shame there hasn't been a decent one (imho) since the Battat figure.  With a miniature already in PNSO's lineup, I'm hoping they'll upgrade it to 1:35, hopefully with a nice bold color scheme.

Jingshanosaurus: There are many well known "prosauropods" from China, but this one is perhaps the most unique.

Sinosaurus: I'd love to see PNSO's take on this crested theropod, especially now that they're using finer details on their figures.

Darwinopterus: I'm surprised PNSO hasn't tackled more pterosaurs, there's a magnificent variety from the Jehol biota to choose from.

Suchomimus: I bet PNSO could make an awesome looking croc-mimic!

Chengjiang Biota: A line of these Cambrian creatures has long been mentioned in PNSO's booklets.  If they ever happen, I'm hopping they'll be a line of miniatures.

More miniatures, with a focus on smaller species: Hupehsuchus, Eretmorhipis, Xinpusaurus, Placodus, Caihong, Jeholornis, Jeholopterus, Caudipteryx, Repenomamus, etc.

suspsy

PNSO really does need to break into the world of pterosaurs proper. They did three decent miniatures; they can surely pull off bigger versions with as much skill and dash as dinosaurs and other beasts.

And ideally they wouldn't be as expensive.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

avatar_ZoPteryx @ZoPteryx ouranosaurus yes! It's unbelievable this animal had been so ignored. It's been almost 25 years since the last Battat one rolled out of the factories. I am fairly confident there is plenty of demand.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, with what a good manufacturer of figures that PNSO is, it still surprises me that they have not made more pterosaurs apart from the ones they have in miniature, they are fabulous.

I would like a ptedodaustro, ludydacylus and dsungaripterus. I would like more dinosaur fauna from China and Asia in general.

I would like a rajasaurus in a decent sized, unscaled version. I would like a bigger rajasaurus.

I would also like a concavenator, gallimimus, and pelecanimus with acceptable sizes.

My favorite concavenators are Safari Carnegie (for me it's my number one favorite) and Favorite I hope PNSO makes me change my mind.

Cretaceous Crab

Dilophosaurus
Nasutoceratops

any spinosaurid would be cool

Skorpio V.

Taking the "dreams" part of this title on another level, I was completing some work when I blinked and my brain conjured up an image of an Acrocanthosaurus in PNSO's prototype photography style with yellow text on the top left.

I'm just leaving this here so if it does happen to be accurate I can say my telekinetic foreseeing abilities have finally kicked in.

It was in a pose similar to Rebor's, but mirrored looking to its right. It had a PNSO Qianzhousaurus-esque colour scheme.

In terms of hopes, I'd love a Hadrosaurus in their style. Lambeosaurines have taken over, and though they would be my first picks in terms of their kin, having a lone Iguanodon in their standard range is a little disquieting for me. :))

I have a feeling PNSO's style would bode well for oviraptorosaurs or ornithomimids. We know they've been holding off on a standard release of Gigantoraptor.

Oh and AZHDARCHIDS!! I don't think their style would stray too far from either Papo's or GR Toys' version (if the latter is even going to be released) so I would accept a Quetz wholeheartedly.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Dinoburger

Hi there! Long time
Lurker, first time posting.

I love the pnso line. Probably my favorite figure line.

I really hope to see more pterosaurs this year. Not enough good figures of them out there. I'd like to see accurate posing for them with scale accurate wingspans.
(When I see my collection of figures on the shelf, it's sorely lacking a good pterosaur figure - in flight)

My runner up selection would be the larger feathered raptors. These seem to be lacking from the current pnso offerings. I'd love to see a pnso Utahraptor.

And for my honorable mention- Plesiosaurs.

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum, D @Dinoburger!

I second your desire for some PNSO pterosaurs. Lots of good ones in their own backyard, like Wukongopterus and Jeholopterus, and flight poses seem more appealing now that they're including stands with some figures.

A plesiosaur or three would be most welcome, too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Dinoburger on December 30, 2021, 07:54:38 PM
Hi there! Long time
Lurker, first time posting.

I love the pnso line. Probably my favorite figure line.

I really hope to see more pterosaurs this year. Not enough good figures of them out there. I'd like to see accurate posing for them with scale accurate wingspans.
(When I see my collection of figures on the shelf, it's sorely lacking a good pterosaur figure - in flight)

My runner up selection would be the larger feathered raptors. These seem to be lacking from the current pnso offerings. I'd love to see a pnso Utahraptor.

And for my honorable mention- Plesiosaurs.

Welcome to this fab forum Dinoburger :)

PNSO are my favorite Dinosaur models and yes some PNSO Petrosaurs would be great.

John :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: