News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I will like to see them make a Stegouros, looks like a very cool Dinosaur.

John :)

Shonisaurus

D @Dinoburger Welcome to DTF enjoy the passionate world of the toy dinosaur. I agree with you, I would also like PNSO to make pterosaurs that are larger in size than the nemicolopterus or the guidraco, that is to say, large museum size. I have to confess something I like prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs almost more than dinosaurs themselves. There is a great variety of species among the extinct non-dinosaur animals.

Dinoburger

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 02, 2022, 08:23:05 PM
D @Dinoburger Welcome to DTF enjoy the passionate world of the toy dinosaur. I agree with you, I would also like PNSO to make pterosaurs that are larger in size than the nemicolopterus or the guidraco, that is to say, large museum size. I have to confess something I like prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs almost more than dinosaurs themselves. There is a great variety of species among the extinct non-dinosaur animals.

Thanks! Couldn't agree more!
I love the non dinosaur animals just as much if not more. I have the pnso Nemicolopterus, and I love it- but I think it might look better if it were posed in flight and had a nice little stand to hold it up (similar to the pnso Tylosaurus and Kronosaurus).

Let's hope to see some good pterosaurs from pnso this year! Fingers crossed!

Dinoburger

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 02, 2022, 04:51:25 PM
Welcome to the forum, D @Dinoburger!

I second your desire for some PNSO pterosaurs. Lots of good ones in their own backyard, like Wukongopterus and Jeholopterus, and flight poses seem more appealing now that they're including stands with some figures.

A plesiosaur or three would be most welcome, too.

Thanks, and exactly right! Nice flight poses with stands would be perfect!

TheCambrianCrusader

Since PNSO finally put out a couple paleozoic models, a few therapsids would be absolutely sublime. Someday we'll get a good Moschops from some company...

Joel1905

I have some big wishes!

Prehistoric Animals line:
Herrerasaurus
Plateosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Megalosaurus
Cetiosaurus
Lexovisaurus
Shunosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Camptosaurus
Hylaeosaurus
Utahraptor
Baryonyx
Tropeognathus
Pteranodon
Gorgosaurus
Styracosaurus
Albertosaurus
Edmontonia
Saurolophus
Deinocheirus
Gigantoraptor
Gallimimus
Quetzalcoatlus

Museum line:
Diplodocus
Brachiosaurus
Spinosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Argentinosaurus
Elasmosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Edmontosaurus

All in 1:35 scale, obviously 😎 however they'll probably do the big sauropods in 1:45 like the beautiful Mamenchisaurus.

JohannesB

My wish would be for a bigger, 'updated' (not necessarily 'Dinosaur Museum' line) Carnotaurus.
Ceratosaurus is also a species which needs a nice new model, IMHO.
I would prefer PNSO to wait with an update on the Spinosaurus until the end of 2022 (or 2023).
An Herrerasaurus would be interesting as well, but I don't know if it would be really worthwhile at 1:35 scale - possibly a new(?) range at a larger scale to accommodate dinosaur families/genera that did not reach such big sizes, like for example the (small) dromaeosaurs.
And Shantungosaurus, Edmontosaurus and Maiasaura (one or two in the 'Dinosaur Museum' line) to complement the existing Ornithopods.

Carnoking

More Abelisaurids pleaaaasssseeee

Fembrogon

My hopes and dreams are for more figures around the $20 range. :))

A Dilophosaurus would be pretty cool, though, to be more specific.

Duck

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 04, 2022, 05:32:47 PM

Yes sir!
All the Dilophosaurus in the market fail to impress me.
He who dwells in pond

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 04, 2022, 05:32:47 PM

Yes please! And, while it would jack up the price, I wouldn't be opposed to an updated skull coming with it... I really can't find any models for one :P

Flaffy

Another infamous chinese genus that I'm puzzled as to why PNSO hasn't made one yet. Psittacosaurus.

Shonisaurus

Please PNSO, I beg you to make the tsintaosaurus that looks like it is projected. It would be a safe buyer, I would even buy it in Aliexpres with the consequence of having to pay customs expenses. It is my favorite lambeosaurine hadrosaurid, especially if it is a slightly "retro" version, I am fascinated by the "unicorn" tsintaosaurus, that is, the vintage reconstruction of that animal, more than the scientific reconstruction.

Psittacoraptor

Pterosaurs and Paleozoic fauna for me, please.

SRF

In addition to my hopes and dreams that I've expressed earlier, I would definitely like it if PNSO releases a new Spinosaurus in their Museum line this year. I do like the small one they released in 2020, but I never purchased it and I'm still going back and forth if I want to or not. My biggest problem with it is its size. Yes I know it's based on a sub adult specimen, but I would like to have a full sized Spinosaurus that is in scale with the newer Museum line releases. The first Spino is, like other figures of their Museum line from 2019 and earlier, too big to be in 1:35 scale.

I'm not too sure about the newest scientific knowledge on Spinosaurus though, so if it's better for PNSO to wait a bit longer to release a Spinosaurus, I'm fine with that as well. But since Collecta released a new Spinosaurus figure this year, I can imagine PNSO will do that too.
But today, I'm just being father

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Joel1905 on January 03, 2022, 12:23:04 PM
I have some big wishes!

(...)
Museum line:

Argentinosaurus
(..)

All in 1:35 scale, obviously (..)

Very few bones of Argentinosaurus are known; despite of that, its extimated size could be from 30mt to 40mt (we don't know exactly).
If we assume an in-between 35mt lenght, a 1:35 figure should be 1 mt long (39 inches), more or less as long as Mattel Brachiosaurus..  ::)
Collectors are still complaining that PNSO medium-sized figures are expensive.. What's about a colossal 1 mt PNSO Museum Line Argentinosaurus ?  ???

SidB

No wonder PNSO hasn't made any really large genera of sauropods since the cessation of their hollow vinyl line, especially solid or semi-solid ones. Costs would formidable. Still, I'd like to see at least one, say a Giraffatitan or Brachiosaurus or big titanosaur.

Fembrogon

Patagotitan or Dreadnoughtus would be great choices, I think, for ANY company that would consider sauropods. Dreadnoughtus in particular would likely be an opportune choice given a certain feature film coming out this year.

suspsy

As always, I'd like to see small sauropods with unusual features. Brachytrachelopan remains my favourite, but there's also Dicraeosaurus, Haplocanthosaurus, Magyarosaurus, Rapetosaurus, and Saltasaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Quote from: suspsy on January 06, 2022, 06:25:27 PM
As always, I'd like to see small sauropods with unusual features. Brachytrachelopan remains my favourite, but there's also Dicraeosaurus, Haplocanthosaurus, Magyarosaurus, Rapetosaurus, and Saltasaurus.

And Shunosaurus!!!  It still doesn't have a good figure despite how distinctive it is.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: