News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The shunosaurus, rapetosaurus are quite good options for me to do PNSO and I would also like a barosaurus and a barapasaurus, the one from Schleich does not convince me and I really like the fauna of the dinosaurs of India and I do not understand why no company focuses more on the Chinese dinosaurs such as the aforementioned barapasaurus and rajasaurus.

I would also like the theropod siamotyrannus it is a Thai dinosaur and I like varied fauna of dinosaurs the more figures of dinosaurs from still unpublished nations the better.

On the other hand, I would like a mutaburrasaurus (the one I have the most beautiful of that species is that of Invicta) and the rhoetosaurus I do not like the version of Collecta although it belongs to the initial time of the company or the leaellynasaura dinosaur of the polar zone.

I would also be interested in the tarascosaurus, although little is known about a femur and a jaw among other parts of the body, so I was informed, I would like a figure of that hypothetical dwarf theropod since no more bones of that dinosaur can be found for at least in years and I would like it to be represented in a testimonial way, even if it is a one hundred percent speculative reconstruction.

Pliosaurking

I truly hope we get an acrocanthosaurus from them.
I would also love to see them do a Pliosaurus, ouranosaurus, kentrosaurus, suchomimus, rajasaurus, saurolophus, a pterodaustro, hatzegopteryx, deinosuchus and purussaurus

Joel1905

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 06, 2022, 11:26:12 AM
Quote from: Joel1905 on January 03, 2022, 12:23:04 PM
I have some big wishes!

(...)
Museum line:

Argentinosaurus
(..)

All in 1:35 scale, obviously (..)

Very few bones of Argentinosaurus are known; despite of that, its extimated size could be from 30mt to 40mt (we don't know exactly).
If we assume an in-between 35mt lenght, a 1:35 figure should be 1 mt long (39 inches), more or less as long as Mattel Brachiosaurus..  ::)
Collectors are still complaining that PNSO medium-sized figures are expensive.. What's about a colossal 1 mt PNSO Museum Line Argentinosaurus ?  ???

We have a pretty good idea of what it looked like, inferring from related genera. I would love a 1 meter long PNSO Sauropod! The 60cm Eofauna Diplodocus is pretty exciting. In regards to people complaining about the price, there's not much that PNSO can do considering its actually the retailers that bump up the price to accommodate VAT and shipping costs, and the pandemic has impacted shipping for all goods. I keep my bills low and put away a good amount of money every month so it's not an issue for me, although I realise that I'm more privileged than others, particularly collectors in developing nations. 

Joel1905

Quote from: JohannesB on January 03, 2022, 04:04:02 PM
My wish would be for a bigger, 'updated' (not necessarily 'Dinosaur Museum' line) Carnotaurus.
Ceratosaurus is also a species which needs a nice new model, IMHO.
I would prefer PNSO to wait with an update on the Spinosaurus until the end of 2022 (or 2023).
An Herrerasaurus would be interesting as well, but I don't know if it would be really worthwhile at 1:35 scale - possibly a new(?) range at a larger scale to accommodate dinosaur families/genera that did not reach such big sizes, like for example the (small) dromaeosaurs.
And Shantungosaurus, Edmontosaurus and Maiasaura (one or two in the 'Dinosaur Museum' line) to complement the existing Ornithopods.

A 1:35 Herrerasaurus would be the same size as their Pachycephalosaurus & Nanotyrannus (juvenile Tyrannosaurus) figures. I'd like them to stick to 1:35 as much as possible as I think its great to have reconstructions that are in scale with each other, and its good for dioramas too! 

SRF

J @Joel1905 PNSO sells their own products trough their AliExpress and Amazon stores. From the moment they started their own store on AliExpress, prices of other resellers on AliExpress actually went up to the same level of PNSO's own prices. Before that these resellers were the cheapest option to buy PNSO figures. So yeah, PNSO is in fact to blame for the increased prices in the past six months.

The only thing PNSO can't be blamed for is the VAT that is charged for us Europeans when we import goods from outside the EU. But the price difference for me between now and a year ago is much bigger than 21%, which is the percentage of VAT that I have to pay.
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

Yeah, it's naive to think that a manufacturer has no say in how their products are sold. The moment PNSO opened their own storefronts, all discounts disappeared and stores stopped selling their products for less than the price set by PSNO. Sales of unboxed figures to save shipping costs were also forbidden.

As for Argentinosaurus, I personally wouldn't be interested in a figure of a species known only from such fragmentary remains (same for the BOTM Moros). However, I love the idea of a big PNSO sauropod that's in scale with the museum line! My W-Dragon Giraffatitan is so lonely. I doubt it will happen, though. IIRC PNSO made their new Mamenchisaurus smaller because they thought a bigger one wouldn't sell well enough due to cost. They may have set themselves a 66.99 USD limit for their PVC figures (which is funny considering they sell bronze figures for several 1000$).

Carnoking

A return to hollow vinyl might help. Sure, the W-Dragon Giraffatitan is awesome since it's just a solid, massive piece, but I think the aversion to vinyl from both companies and collectors is a bit silly. 

JohannesB

Quote from: Carnoking on January 08, 2022, 03:23:16 PM
A return to hollow vinyl might help. Sure, the W-Dragon Giraffatitan is awesome since it's just a solid, massive piece, but I think the aversion to vinyl from both companies and collectors is a bit silly.

I agree. I own the W-Dragon Giraffatitan - well, I hope to do so soon, when it arrives - and it is big and awesome, but one of my other favourite figures is the hollow vinyl PNSO Chunkingosaurus, a huge figure with a lot of presence and character. I wish they did more of those kind of big, hollow figures, because many certainly can hold their own against any solid (but smaller) figures  8)

Sim

Argentinosaurus's appearance is not well known.  I've seen it change based on different relatives.

Gwangi

Alright, I'll play along. Going to limit myself to 10 or less per grouping so that I don't go on forever.

Theropods
Herrerasaurus
Gigantoraptor
Liliensternus
Dilophosaurus
Coelophysis
Deinocheirus
Gallimimus
Albertosaurus
Pelagornis
Titanis

Sauropods
Astrodon
Europasaurus
Brachytrachelopan
Saltasaurus
Barosaurus
Alamosaurus
Shunosaurus
Plateosaurus

Ornithiscians
Pentaceratops
Chasmosaurus
Protoceratops
Ouranosaurus
Dryosaurus
Homalocephale
Scelidosaurus
Scutellosaurus
Saurolophus
Maiasaura

Non-dinosaurs
Acanthostega
Hyneria or Eusthenopteron , or both.
Orthacanthus
Ophiacodon
Purussaurus
Koolasuchus
Platyhystrix
Prionosuchus
Anurognathus
Pterodactylus
Dsungaripterus

Shonisaurus

Maybe 2022 is going to be the PNSO year when it comes to prehistoric land mammals? Time will tell.

Sim

I'd also like PNSO to make a Cymbospondylus and Basilosaurus in the style of their Himalayasaurus and Livyatan.

Bread

With their holiday break coming up I might as well provide a list. Please be aware I know some of these are already rumors but I would still like to mention them as they are desired species I'd like.

-Acrocanthosaurus
-Bajadasaurus
-Psittacosaurus
-Maiasaurua

To add to this small list, any raptor would be much appreciated/wanted. Even with Doug Watson's beautiful Deinonychus and Velociraptor, I'd still love to see PNSO attempt one of these.

Lanthanotus

Plateosaurus
a grounded, giant Pterosaur
Deinocheirus
any Plesiosaur
any mesozoic plant/tree in a fitting scale

SidB

A group of 1/35ish scale ornithomimids, in different poses.

JohannesB

Maiasaura
Shantungosaurus
Edmontosaurus
Tenontosaurus
Megalosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Baryonyx
Camarasaurus
Albertosaurus
Daspletosaurus

suspsy

I'd like a Zhuchengtyrannus in a resting pose like Andrea.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

KrazyKaprosuchus

Triassic animals, especially Rauisuchians, and Plateosaurus (actually just anything from the triassic please...)

Sim

I'm eager to see PNSO make the following tyrannosaurids:

Daspletosaurus horneri
The Dinosaur Park Formation Daspletosaurus species
Gorgosaurus
Albertosaurus sarcophagus

SidB

Quote from: Sim on February 06, 2022, 07:02:24 PM
I'm eager to see PNSO make the following tyrannosaurids:

Daspletosaurus horneri
The Dinosaur Park Formation Daspletosaurus species
Gorgosaurus
Albertosaurus sarcophagus
I'm with you here. I might have been tempted to regard this as a 'pipe dream', but now, after the Zheuchentyrannus announcement, it seems plausible. PNSO takes tyrannosaurids very seriously, obviously.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: