News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antey

I wouldn't be so optimistic. After the release of the Zhuchengtyrannus , the release of another tyrannosaurus will be too much, the PNSO has so many of them. It seems to me that the release of the long-awaited Campanian predators is receding into the distance. I will be glad to be wrong.

SRF

Quote from: Antey on February 08, 2022, 05:31:51 AM
I wouldn't be so optimistic. After the release of the Zhuchengtyrannus , the release of another tyrannosaurus will be too much, the PNSO has so many of them. It seems to me that the release of the long-awaited Campanian predators is receding into the distance. I will be glad to be wrong.

In the last two years PNSO released 4 figures of T. Rex alone. The Zhuchentyrannus is the 4th non T. Rex Tyrannosaur that they've released in less than 14 months. If that trend continues this year, I would expect at least two more Tyrannosaurs from them in 2022.

There are a lot of other Tyrannosaurs in other PNSO media (like the Puzzle Poster series, which contained a Daspletosaurus and a Gorgosaurus) that can be adapted into figures. So I feel we can still expect a lot from PNSO in that regard actually.
But today, I'm just being father

Skorpio V.

Edited the baby Triceratops mini to be a Leptoceratops (still crossing fingers for minis).

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Concavenator

These are my hopes:

Theropods

Deinocheirus
Suchomimus
Sinosauropteryx
Zhenyuanlong
Yi
(Bigger) Anchiornis
Dilophosaurus
Daspletosaurus
Falcarius
Any megaraptorid

Ornithischians

Tlatolophus
Maiasaura
Lurdusaurus
Ouranosaurus
Altirhinus
Psittacosaurus
Leallynasaura
Scutellosaurus
Yehuecauhceratops
(Bigger) Tianyulong

Sauropodomorphs

Plateosaurus (the Wild Past version is very promising, but we don't if it will finally be released, hopefully yes)
Eoraptor
New Amargasaurus
Shunosaurus
Isisaurus
Ampelosaurus
Saltasaurus

Sim

I hope PNSO will release some new figures soon.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Sim on April 16, 2022, 05:25:19 PM
I hope PNSO will release some new figures soon.

I too would like a new release avatar_Sim @Sim.  I opened my new Tsintaosaurus today but it's always good to have something to look forward to!  Possibly they are being impacted by the problems China is experiencing with the spread of Omicron.  Or possibly they are just taking a break!

Faras

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 16, 2022, 05:34:55 PMPossibly they are being impacted by the problems China is experiencing with the spread of Omicron.  Or possibly they are just taking a break!

Rumours say PNSO's factory is close atm due to COVID :( Most PNSO orders (esp. international) go through Guangdong - afaik the city is under partial lockdown.

Medzo

I know this sounds clichéd, but a new version of Wilson that looks more like Andrea but with a more appealing pose like the Zhuchentyrannus had would be really just the ultimate and definitive T-Rex release so far.  ::)

SRF

With the full list of species done, we can now speculate on what's next.

I still hope for at least one Tyrannosaur from Campanian North America, although after seeing Prehistoric Planet a Nanuqsaurus would also be very nice.

Deinocheirus and Edmontosaurus (Annectens) still remain highest on my wishlist though.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Myself, I'd really like to see them make a serious foray into the various types that they haven't touched, so far, except as minis. Pterosaurs are at the top of the list, followed by therazinosaurs. I still think that raptors in a small group of, say, three, would be marketable and would allow a 1/30-1/35 presentation.

Bread

avatar_SRF @SRF I would hope since Nanuqsaurus was a polar dinosaur, that PNSO would feather it just like the Yutyrannus. I'd hope for one, but I know it also won't have lips sadly.

Since PNSO have filled out their rumored list. Here goes a small request or hopes and dreams I have for them:

-Edmontosaurus
-Ouranosaurus
-Shantungosaurus
-Maiasaura

-Nanuqsaurus (like mentioned above)

I'd honestly be interested in any herbivore they produce in 1/30 to 1/40 scale. I think PNSO's strengths are their ornithopods for sure.

Halichoeres

Well now that there are some new rumors, I'm hoping specifically for a Cryptoclidus (although I suspect that if PNSO does a plesiosaur it will be Elasmosaurus) and a Shastasaurus (although I suspect that if they do an ichthyosaur it will be another Ophthalmosaurus). Hoping that this year is like last: dino-heavy and specifically theropod-heavy early on, but much more variety in the last few months.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Hoping for some small sauropods, and any sauropod not named Mamenchisaurus or Amargasaurus generally, though I wouldn't mind and new smaller and more accurate Amargasaurus, after releasing at least 2 other sauropods first.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

If the Lingwulong is really on the way I'll be pretty pleased with that.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Darko2300

For those of us who missed the Huanghetitan: Just give me another comparable sauropod. I know it wouldn't be cheap, but I'll gladly pay it. 😁 (And hey - even a 1:35 Saltasaurus would be awesome.)

Mellow Stego

You know, considering how well PNSO did Dunkleosteus I would to see their take on a Xiphactinus.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

JimoAi

Would like to see dromaeosaurs, more icthyosaurs, plesiosaurs and more weird sea animals

Halichoeres

Quote from: Mellow Stego on August 09, 2022, 05:59:02 AMYou know, considering how well PNSO did Dunkleosteus I would to see their take on a Xiphactinus.

I'd buy that, or any other fish they'd care to attempt: Ptychodus, Rhizodus, Onychodus, Foreyia...

Quote from: JimoAi on August 09, 2022, 11:45:47 AMWould like to see dromaeosaurs, more icthyosaurs, plesiosaurs and more weird sea animals

Sign me up for more weird sea animals.

Renecito

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 09, 2022, 08:11:22 PM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on August 09, 2022, 05:59:02 AMYou know, considering how well PNSO did Dunkleosteus I would to see their take on a Xiphactinus.

I'd buy that, or any other fish they'd care to attempt: Ptychodus, Rhizodus, Onychodus, Foreyia...

Quote from: JimoAi on August 09, 2022, 11:45:47 AMWould like to see dromaeosaurs, more icthyosaurs, plesiosaurs and more weird sea animals

Sign me up for more weird sea animals.

All that would be awesome!!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Halichoeres

Speaking of weird sea life, there's all this art PNSO posted recently from one of their recent books:

Some excellent fodder for additional figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: