News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Quote from: Flaffy on May 24, 2019, 11:14:08 PM
Polyresin? Whatever happened to their previously announced figures like Shunosaurus, Jinyunpelta, Suchomimus, Eotriceratops, Achelousaurus, various marine reptiles etc?

I'm curious if the zhejiangosaurus batch was a financial success or not.  I expect that would have affected their decision making on future releases.

I'm just somewhat glad they're still in the game.

Shonisaurus

Perhaps Vitae has been limited today to make polyresin figures because perhaps it gives them more benefits. It may be a reason that you have returned to make PVC figures or other non-noble material. The same is dedicated exclusively to experienced collectors who report large profits with a single purchase at medium-high prices since polyresin figures are obviously figures whose sale of one of their products for 300 euros for example means greater benefits than for example selling 10 synaptor or wuerhosaurus for example of the same brand by Vitae.

Flaffy

Lufengosaurus is now avaliable at MonsterhouseHK, $150 USD:
https://www.monsterhousehk.com/products.asp?id=1768&fbclid=IwAR0u0SLxJXdSvaspmLbZ8vTMQyaRFsrNkphPPdrgOyT9hA_owCY4DCJm6dA

General info:
VITAE 1/20 Lufengosaurus huenei scientific resin finished model figurine
100 sets worldwide limited
The official photos is take from final mass production product,
Model material: main PU resin, platform Polystone resin, model vegetation
Model length: 41cm
Model weight: 0.8KG
Packing box size: 45cmX20cmX15cm
Total weight with package: 1.5KG
Selling Price : US$150 each plus international shipping from Mainland China (please inbox us for enquiry)

Explanation regarding prominent wounds on the model:
"This statues inspiration is based on a dinosaur fossils specimen that research lead by Dr. Lida Xing in 2017.
Lufengosaurus huenei is a Lower Jurassic sauropod, lived in Yunnan Province, China. Lufengosaurus was a herbivore, around 6 metres in length and weighing a little under 2 tonnes.
When the dinosaur was excavated in 1997, there was a pathological abnormality on one of the right ribs of the animal. Viewed from the side, there is a concave section of missing bone which cuts almost halfway through the rib. We diagnosed a process called osteomyelitis, which in this case had produced an abscess inside the bone. Osteomyelitis is a severe infection originating in the bone marrow, usually resulting from the introduction of pyogenic (pus-producing) bacteria into the bone. Pathogens enter the bone via the bloodstream, or through open wounds or fractures.
What is interesting is that this case gives us evidence of interaction between a sauropod and aggressive predators living at that time.We do not know which species of predator caused the bite, but the wound from the failed attack is a smoking gun. It is possible that Sinosaurus triassicus, a well-known predator found in Jurassic Yunnan, would have been able to attack Lufengosaurus."

Halichoeres

Well, I'm glad they're not dead. Bring on the Kaikaifilu, Plioplatecarpus, Yuzhoupliosaurus, and Brachypterygius.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

I just ordered the Vitae Giganotosaurus on eBay from the la-na-time-shop for $24.99 plus $1.99 shipping, USD. Ten were listed as available. This seems unreal, but the order went through. I'm hoping that this is on the level and that the Giganotosaurus is what I actually get, as a "reward" for some late night browsing.Time will tell.

Loon

Quote from: SidB on January 10, 2020, 05:11:08 AM
I just ordered the Vitae Giganotosaurus on eBay from the la-na-time-shop for $24.99 plus $1.99 shipping, USD. Ten were listed as available. This seems unreal, but the order went through. I'm hoping that this is on the level and that the Giganotosaurus is what I actually get, as a "reward" for some late night browsing.Time will tell.

Sounds fishy. Last time I ordered something worth a lot for that cheap, I got a bag of fried shrimp from Japan.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I trust the seller, they've done right by me on 4 orders now.  It may be an error in the listing or they have a surplus of old stock? Hard to say.  Here is the link, I ordered one too btw : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-Sinraptor-Wuerhosaurus-Giganotosaurus-Chilantaisaurus-Dinosaur-Animal-Toy/254467796912?hash=item3b3f766fb0:m:mNhibrnq-N64zOQtUIDBjXQ

River_XI

Long time lurker, first time poster; I've finally joined the forum but just wanted to point out for anyone buying/looking at buying the Giganotosaurus that it appears to be the same sculpt and size but with a much less detailed paint application and no base if the pictures are anything to go off.

I'm sure it's still a good deal but I don't think it's the same quality as the Giga that Vitae originally released so might be something to consider.  :)

mgaguilar

Wow, all the simplified paint-jobs. Those are definitely all rip-off's, right?
Unless Vitae decided to offer cheaper versions of their sculpts on the market, like Rebor's Grab-N-Go series?

The simple paint jobs look terrible, by the way.

Loon

The presentation and the dollar-store quality paint jobs scream "K.O." to me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

For 25.00 I can repaint it myself, it's still a great deal.

I don't think this store would sell knockoffs with the Vitae TM name on them.  The rest of the figures in the same auction are about right for the price which you wouldn't expect of a copy.   Actually getting all six for 50.00 is a better deal too btw.    I just went ahead and emailed them and asked about it. As soon as they get back to me I'll post their reply. 

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: mgaguilar on January 10, 2020, 06:33:44 AM
Unless Vitae decided to offer cheaper versions of their sculpts on the market, like Rebor's Grab-N-Go series?

These are genuine Vitae kits from their official steel moulds but they are still considered knockoffs.

Vitae's factory "Shihu" used to work for us back in 2014-2015 and worked for PNSO in late 2015, the owner of the factory Xiaoquan Zheng was a greedy gambler who often gamble with clients' money so when he found out that he was in deep deep in debt he hide our steel moulds and blackmailed us for £20000, he didn't dare to do anything to PSNO though since the company used to belong to the Chinese government which is way beyond Zheng's power. In short both us and PNSO left him by the end of 2015.

Zheng then contacted the sculptor of Vitae Cheung Chung Tat and co-founded Vitae in 2016. When we found out about this we told Cheung Chung Tat what's happened and warned him about Zheng but he didn't listen; also during this period of time Zheng gambled again and again and was in deeper debt so he had to sell Vitae's stocks and make "official knockoffs" behind Cheung Chung Tat's back to cover his debts, he now still owe the mould maker around £30000 (we know this because we share the same mould maker) and chased by many other suppliers.

So yes these are those "official knockoffs" which are made of non-CE cheap PVC and lead based paints and the QC is as bad as any knockoff figures. Nasty stuff.

Shonisaurus

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Thanks for the information I didn't know Vitae's terrible story. It's a shame.  :(

Killekor

Thanks for the information avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO ! It's really a sad story the one you told to us. If the owner of the fabric kept for himself the original molds of their does this mean that Vitae can't produce those models anymore with another fabric?

Anyways, I want to say that I'm really happy that you are present on the forum in this way! It's always interesting to know more about the stories of the various brands.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

SidB

Quote from: River_XI on January 10, 2020, 06:06:31 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster; I've finally joined the forum but just wanted to point out for anyone buying/looking at buying the Giganotosaurus that it appears to be the same sculpt and size but with a much less detailed paint application and no base if the pictures are anything to go off.

I'm sure it's still a good deal but I don't think it's the same quality as the Giga that Vitae originally released so might be something to consider.  :)
Looks like you got it right. Still, whats done is done. I'll wait and see what emerges. For the price ... .

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 10, 2020, 05:51:22 AM
I trust the seller, they've done right by me on 4 orders now.  It may be an error in the listing or they have a surplus of old stock? Hard to say.  Here is the link, I ordered one too btw : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitae-Sinraptor-Wuerhosaurus-Giganotosaurus-Chilantaisaurus-Dinosaur-Animal-Toy/254467796912?hash=item3b3f766fb0:m:mNhibrnq-N64zOQtUIDBjXQ
Surplus is what I was hoping for and assuming  too. However with Rebor_Studio's comments in mind, I'm prepared for either eventuality. No great loss if worse come to worst and repainting is always an option, especially if the actual mold detail is okay.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 10, 2020, 10:04:38 AM
avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Thanks for the information I didn't know Vitae's terrible story. It's a shame.  :(
Yes,such a dismal end after such a bright dawning.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 10, 2020, 10:00:55 AM

These are genuine Vitae kits from their official steel moulds but they are still considered knockoffs.

Vitae's factory "Shihu" used to work for us back in 2014-2015 and worked for PNSO in late 2015, the owner of the factory Xiaoquan Zheng was a greedy gambler who often gamble with clients' money so when he found out that he was in deep deep in debt he hide our steel moulds and blackmailed us for £20000, he didn't dare to do anything to PSNO though since the company used to belong to the Chinese government which is way beyond Zheng's power. In short both us and PNSO left him by the end of 2015.

Zheng then contacted the sculptor of Vitae Cheung Chung Tat and co-founded Vitae in 2016. When we found out about this we told Cheung Chung Tat what's happened and warned him about Zheng but he didn't listen; also during this period of time Zheng gambled again and again and was in deeper debt so he had to sell Vitae's stocks and make "official knockoffs" behind Cheung Chung Tat's back to cover his debts, he now still owe the mould maker around £30000 (we know this because we share the same mould maker) and chased by many other suppliers.

So yes these are those "official knockoffs" which are made of non-CE cheap PVC and lead based paints and the QC is as bad as any knockoff figures. Nasty stuff.

What I heard was another version, that is, because Cheung Chung Tat's political stance was very radical, which led to dissatisfaction in mainland China, and finally they eventually stopped cooperation. But Cheung Chung Tat's collaboration with the Zhejiang Museum of Natural History is continuing, which may mean you are right. In any case, I remain optimistic about the future of VITAE.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Mirroraptor on January 10, 2020, 12:06:01 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 10, 2020, 10:00:55 AM

What I heard was another version, that is, because Cheung Chung Tat's political stance was very radical, which led to dissatisfaction in mainland China, and finally they eventually stopped cooperation. But Cheung Chung Tat's collaboration with the Zhejiang Museum of Natural History is continuing, which may mean you are right. In any case, I remain optimistic about the future of VITAE.

We heard that too but apparently that's just the cover-up, don't think anyone would prefer to tell the world that one of the two co-founders of your brand is a gambler&criminal.

Sorry to tell you guys but Vitae is gone for good, there is no coming back for them so try to grab whatever you can find now before it's too late.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Killekor on January 10, 2020, 10:51:23 AM
Thanks for the information avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO ! It's really a sad story the one you told to us. If the owner of the fabric kept for himself the original molds of their does this mean that Vitae can't produce those models anymore with another fabric?

Anyways, I want to say that I'm really happy that you are present on the forum in this way! It's always interesting to know more about the stories of the various brands.

Killekor

Oh we know lots of juice stuff ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: