News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, February 17, 2021, 02:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quoted from the "New for 2020" thread, because these are clearly going to be a 2021 release:

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on February 11, 2021, 02:09:39 PM
As noted in another post, some projects are getting up and running again, especially Wild Past.
After a few experiments we have now found a common way with our factory to optimize the coloring for our figures. Exclusively here I am providing you with a few work in progress pictures. As you can see, the stripes are still missing, but in two weeks at the latest I will be able to show the final product pictures. If I can show the final product pictures, that also means: the figures are almost finished and available pretty soon. There is still a final test for approval in the EU and then everything should go very quickly :)

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Crackington

Just thinking the same, roll over Collecta and Safari😉

By the way, I did vote for the Protoceratops in the 2020 Prehistoric Times poll, may well do the same for this one this year!

Halichoeres

Here's hoping the Scutosaurus/Kotlassia are close behind!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2021, 06:14:33 PM
Here's hoping the Scutosaurus/Kotlassia are close behind!

I'm hoping the Majungasaurus and Plateosaurus aren't very far behind.  I've been waiting ages for those!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm looking forward to all of these, there is not one that doesn't interest me yet. I am happy to see you well and up and running again.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Im hoping the plateosaurus is scaly. and I'm excited for figures

Halichoeres

Yes, of course, I'm excited for all of those, but naturally the Paleozoic ones most, given my interests. :)

Stegotyranno420

Yes. The scutosaurus was sculpted by avatar_Kayakasaurus @Kayakasaurus . It is so cool to see some of the most talented forum members join forces to make a figure company

DinoToyCollector

Oh I am soooooo excited.
Last week I received an image of the stripe test. It's not the best photo and it's only about the stripes, so a lot of details on this one is missing, but you'll get the idea.
On Tuesday or Wednesday I'll receive the first bunch of figures! Finally!

Edit:
avatar_Sim @Sim What is it with you and the Plateosaurus?  :D

Newt

Those stripes are natty. I love the okapi cuffs!

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I like Plateosaurus a lot.  There's so much known about it and it was such an interesting animal, yet there's no good figure of it.  So I'm really looking forward to a good model of it.

DinoToyCollector

Allright, here are some more pictures of our Tethyshadros couple. They will be available at EverythingDinosaur, Urzeitshop & Dan's Dinosaur very soon. They will come in a box with the known Artwork from JosephFells and the set contains the 2 Tethyshadros + 1 base.

There are still things to improve for our future figures and I will post some more pictures this weeks.

Faelrin

Love seeing these next to the Protoceratops. Looking forward to getting my hands on these wonderful little ornithopods.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Beautiful, can't wait to get them.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Those small, affordable, well-made figures will obviously be in my collection. I hope to buy them in urzeitshop. I hope Miron will send me a message to place the purchase order.

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos.

Kapitaenosavrvs

stoneage

:)  Do you know what scale these will be?

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: stoneage on April 27, 2021, 09:54:23 PM
:)  Do you know what scale these will be?

As far as i know, all Wild Past Figures are in 1:35.

DinoToyCollector

Thanks to you all!

S @stoneage
As avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs  wrote, most of the figures will be of the same scale.
WP-0101 Protoceratops 1:35
WP-0102 Majungasaurus 1:35
WP-0103 Tethyshadros 1:35
WP-0104 Scutosaurus & Kotlassia 1:20

I posted the picture on social media yesterday, but here again for you: the Majungasaurus head, how it will look like in the end.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: