News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 29, 2021, 03:59:30 PM
avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS S @SidB I totally agree with you. Sometimes I am also quite critical of dinosaur figures and I demand what is not in the writings and I do not realize that many times the companies of dinosaurs and other prehistoric toy animals invest a lot in the manufacture of new figures and many times they have economic risks that can lead to a commercial crisis in their company when it comes to trading unprofitable figures, beautiful but that at the moment of truth unfortunately they sell very little and it is a commercial failure of sales and they do it I think about all the brands for example iToy, PNSO, Safari, BoTM, Collecta or Schleich for putting several examples and many times to please us collectors which is appreciated, so we should less criticism and at least the effort of these companies when it comes to commercializing rare figures in the world of collecting because they have never been treated or have been little treated and that have a commercial failure to predecessor companies that also tried. Thank you for your noble words, I would like to have the clarity of ideas that you have, it is to be praised.

They do take serious risks that affect the lives of real people.  The potential of losing huge sums of money, an entire business, the livelihood of thousands of people.  And I forgot perhaps the most important element because now in my mid 50s it's too easy to lose track of this, the children.  The importance that children have played in the development of these products going back to my childhood and my father's childhood.  It becomes necessary not to forget all of today's children that are just now discovering the amazing world of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.  It's too easy to simply think from my POV and forget about what kids want today.  These companies have to balance the dreams and wishes of several generations simultaneously!  It can't possibly be an easy task and it does affect the selection of figures produced. 

I can only speak for myself but even in childhood I was captivated by predator species, I would rather read a book about lions than one about zebras and that has translated to my small collection of prehistoric animals too.  Half of my collection is theropods a quarter is saber toothed cats, the other quarter combined is prey species of dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals.  My ocean animal collection also leans heavy into sperm whales (thank you Herman Melville), orcas and sharks representing some 66% of the collection while everything else combined is a third.  I can't help liking what I like since childhood and I'm sure many kids today can't help it either.  It's important not to forget our own childhoods and those of the current generation when being critical of what companies are doing.

Sim

Nice post avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS.  I hope I'm not misunderstanding what you said, I think there's nothing wrong with liking predator species.

Carnoking

Well, if they are starting a new wave, looks like they're leading with another bronze statue.
https://www.facebook.com/2331852817042641/posts/3204755966418984/?d=n

Bread

Disappointed we'll never see this in their standard line. However I guess this is the beginning of their new releases. Excited to see what they'll bring to the table.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm not surprised they did the same thing with the juvenile Pachycephalosaurus that they did with the juvenile Tyrannosaurus though. And it is a nice statue.
I wonder what the next pvc model will be.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 30, 2021, 07:00:39 PM
I'm not surprised they did the same thing with the juvenile Pachycephalosaurus that they did with the juvenile Tyrannosaurus though. And it is a nice statue.
I wonder what the next pvc model will be.
So the respite for the PVC dino collectors will continue  for a while longer.

Antey

There were 2 releases in September, 3 releases in October. And they were all interesting. At the very beginning of November, one and that one is not too bright - a set of dinosaur children. The bronze statue to decorate the mansion with a millionaire is also not particularly happy. :(

Carnoking

Paleofiguras shared a list of rumored releases (emphasis on the word rumored), including a
-Triceratops/Torosaurus
-Centrosaurus (that'd be awesome)
-Styracosaurus
-Acrocanthosaurus (another great choice)
-Sinraptor
-Iguanodon? (I'm not sure, the list read "I'm going to watch" but they shared a PNSO style artwork image of Iguanodon so perhaps that was autocorrect?)
-and Tsintaosaurus (with this one and the triceratops being rumored to be a part of the museum line)

Not a bad list if true! Good mix of welll-represented but always appreciated species in there alongside some under utilized animals.

John

So not only Triceratops,but also Styracosaurus AND Centrosaurus too? That I would be very happy to see. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SidB

Yes, I've been hoping for more ceratopsians!

Fembrogon

Sinraptor sounds pretty exciting as a possibility; have we had a Sinraptor toy since the Carnegie Collection? As a Chinese genus it also seems like a natural choice for the line.

Bread

These are rumors but I hope they are true. The three I am hoping for are the Acrocanthosaurus, Tsintoasaurus, and Torosaurus.

-Glad I passed on spending a fortune on Rebor's Acrocanthosaurus.
-Tsintoasaurus hoping it is as good as their Parasaurolophus and Olorotitan.
-Torosaurus, please please please no Triceratops. It would be smart choice for PNSO to produce a Torosaurus rather than another Triceratops on the market.

Flaffy

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 01, 2021, 05:05:16 PM
Sinraptor sounds pretty exciting as a possibility; have we had a Sinraptor toy since the Carnegie Collection? As a Chinese genus it also seems like a natural choice for the line.

The Vitae one

suspsy

Centrosaurus is the only one on that purported list that intrigues me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Acrocanthosaurus and Centrosaurus have my attention the most. Centrosaurus especially since I've been wanting one since I started this hobby a decade ago. Curious to see them all of course. Torosaurus and Tsintaosaurus are intriguing prospects.

Faras

Rumors came from Chinese dino toy forum moderator, hopefully this time it's more reliable (he did say "feel free to thrash me in the thread if the list is wrong"  ;))

Torosaurus was listed separately after Triceratops, probably means both will be released.

Triceratops
Centrosaurus
Styracosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus
Sinraptor
Iguanodon
Torosaurus
Tsintaosaurus
*All brand new molds, skin textures are on same level as Parasaurolophus.

Link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/7633846377

suspsy

Triceratops and Torosaurus? Okay, that's more like it. I'm curious about the latter as well.

And dreading the price tags.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, I just checked the non-translated post by Paleofiguras and it does list an Iguanodon.  What you saw was a translation error.

I'm a little disappointed that these are all more of what they've already made a lot of... allosauroids, ornithopods, ceratopsoids, instead of under-represented animals...  But, I'm still excited about a number of these!  Some thoughts I have:

Triceratops: Not interested by this.
Centrosaurus: I'm surprised they would make this since it's nearly identical to Spinops which is sometimes considered a second species of Centrosaurus.  But, PNSO did make Tyrannosaurus AND Tarbosaurus which are very similar as well.
Styracosaurus: I hope I like this one.  A PNSO Styracosaurus could be awesome.  My Styracosaurus is currently the Favorite soft model series 2 one, which I like, but I would be happy to replace it with a better one by PNSO.
Acrocanthosaurus: I'm looking forward to this one.  PNSO's made some excellent theropods and Acrocanthosaurus lacks a really good figure.  Papo's one failed by having osteoderm-like scales exaggerating skeletal features, and in my opinion it also has a poor pose.  I hope PNSO makes a big Acrocanthosaurus with a good pose.
Sinraptor: Before I got rid of my Carnegie figures I had the Carnegie Sinraptor and it was one of my favourites from that line.  I wanted a modern Sinraptor figure and tried the Vitae but I was let down by poor painting on that figure.  I'm keen to see a Sinraptor by PNSO!
Iguanodon: Just the other day I posted in the PNSO hopes and dreams thread that I was interested in PNSO making an Iguanodon!  Like the Acrocanthosaurus I hope this figure is big enough.  Iguanodon is also reasonably different from all other PNSO dinosaurs as it isn't a hadrosauroid, ceratopsoid or allosauroid unlike all the others in the list, so while it is another ornithopod it is a different type of ornithopod.
Torosaurus: Not interested by this.
Tsintaosaurus: Not interested by this.  I think Tsintaosaurus is overrated like Olorotitan, both are popularly reconstructed with certain crest shapes but the reality is their actual crest shape is unknown due to being incompletely preserved.

Lynx

Is it ok if I also list my thoughts?

Triceratops: Probably fairly expensive, so I likely wouldn't purchase if released
Centrosaurus: Maybe? Depends on the sculpt. I would rather buy the Spinops figure, but it all depends on the final product.
Styracosaurus: I'd love to purchase this one! I have my fingers crossed it isn't the same "reddish tone with little to no pattern" and actually looks more vivid, but I'd buy it regardless. It'd make a perfect companion to my Papo version!
Acrocanthosaurus: Glad I didn't accept the offer from Everything Dinosaurs of the REBOR Acro, I have my fingers crossed this figure will be a better pose and color scheme. I am also hoping the size is decent, which PNSO usually does well at.
Sinraptor: Not interested
Iguanodon: Maybe? I need to see the sculpt first. I love iguanodon, but I don't want to keep my hopes too high
Torosaurus: Not interested
Tsintaosaurus: As Sim said, it's a bit overrated and there's much better options for a hadrosaur. However, I'd be fond of a sculpt similar to that of The Isle!
Tsintaosaurus
An oversized house cat.

MLMjp

Interested in those possible Torosaurus, Styracosaurus, Centrosaurus, Iguanodon and Acrocanthosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: