News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

The ones I would be most interested in is Acrocanthosaurus and Centrosaurus. Maybe Iguanodon too, but more because I'm curious how it would turn out. Acrocanthosaurus is one I've been really wanting them to do the past year anyways. It is in real need of a new option that does it justice and hopefully gets its proportions right. So many of the older figures have arms and hands far too big for it. BotM aside, Centrosaurus has no updated options currently (ditto with Chasmosaurus which is another I want done, again aside from BotM's). Styracosaurus makes sense to do as it is a very popular dinosaur, and probably the second most famous ceratopsian after Triceratops.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Sign me up for... most of those. Another Triceratops and Iguanodon are whatever to me since there plenty of good figures of those species already. Although given that it's PNSO, I'm sure they would be fantastic. I echo the desire for a good Centrosaurus, as well as a new Acrocanthosaurus, potentially the definitive figure of that species that it so dearly needs?

Shadowknight1

I am so curious on how they'll do Acrocanthosaurus and handle its higher spine.  As much as I love the Papo one, Papo dropped the ball by making the spines TOO thin(as well as the arms being too big and I think the skull was overlong) and the Rebor one(which was mostly good except for the feet putting it in a precarious standing situation and the "eyebrows"), I am so intrigued by the possibility here.  I do feel like the spine should have a defined ridge, but it shouldn't be a sail.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

suspsy

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 02, 2021, 03:11:18 AM
I am so curious on how they'll do Acrocanthosaurus and handle its higher spine.  As much as I love the Papo one, Papo dropped the ball by making the spines TOO thin(as well as the arms being too big and I think the skull was overlong) and the Rebor one(which was mostly good except for the feet putting it in a precarious standing situation and the "eyebrows"), I am so intrigued by the possibility here.  I do feel like the spine should have a defined ridge, but it shouldn't be a sail.

I think it should just be a simple, smooth hump.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Eocarcharia

Quote from: suspsy on December 02, 2021, 03:30:48 AM

Kinda like the Jurassic World Evolution version?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Eocarcharia on December 02, 2021, 03:51:48 AM
Quote from: suspsy on December 02, 2021, 03:30:48 AM

Kinda like the Jurassic World Evolution version?

Maybe a little more defined than in that one.  And with a better skull, hopefully lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Bread

I don't think it will be smooth, judging on how PNSO add certain spikes to some of their therapods. A good example would be their Allosaurus and Torvosaurus. Then again I could be wrong.

Also, liking the display of the large sauropod Mamenchisaurus avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on December 02, 2021, 04:00:35 AM
I don't think it will be smooth, judging on how PNSO add certain spikes to some of their therapods. A good example would be their Allosaurus and Torvosaurus. Then again I could be wrong.

Also, liking the display of the large sauropod Mamenchisaurus avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks. The PNSO are generally worth it, better head on the one, better skin detail on the new one..plus all the exhibit materials are fantastic.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Collecta's mamenchisaurus is quite pretty and well modeled and sculpted but honestly the latest version of PNSO's mamenchisaurus looks like a better finished and better sculpted model judging from the pictures. My congratulations on having such figures of that iconic Chinese sauropod.

SenSx

I'm looking for the Acrocanthosaurus the most, hope it can be better than the Rebor, but I'm expecting a good size.
Curious about the Iguanodon, don't know if it can beat the Collecta.

I would love PNSo to make more middle sized dinosaur, like Megalosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Dilophosaurus or Cryolophosaurus :(
But I guess they would not sell as much, and would their price would not be high enough.

Antey

It's a shame that not a single dinosaur I want is on the lists. However, if Triceratops is good I will buy it for sparring with Wilson. And I'll see how good the acrocantosaurus and centrosaurus are. My minimum plan for the existing PNSO models is far from complete.

Carnoking

I do wonder what changes they'll make to their Triceratops. Even if Doyle isn't 100% up to snuff, their triceratops model isn't hurting for an update nearly as bad as their T.rex mold was.

SenSx

By the way I have a slight off topic question while we are talking about the Acrocanthosaurus:

- Do we know for sure that it had just a bigger spine, or was it almost a sail like they did on Rebor model ?

Thx

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 02, 2021, 09:01:53 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Collecta's mamenchisaurus is quite pretty and well modeled and sculpted but honestly the latest version of PNSO's mamenchisaurus looks like a better finished and better sculpted model judging from the pictures. My congratulations on having such figures of that iconic Chinese sauropod.

Thank you bud. The size for the price is better with CollectA, the newest PNSO Mamenchi looks really nice and I love all the artwork with it to setup  a mini museum exhibit..the only downside is the head which suffered from being so small it lost a lot of detail.

Faelrin

I think the consensus leans towards it having a hump of sorts and not a sail. Essentially the longer spines served as muscle attachment points. We also have numerous specimens (some almost complete) so we have a good idea of what it generally looked like, which is better then most of its relatives, aside from Concavenator perhaps.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Quote from: Faelrin on December 02, 2021, 03:44:09 PM
I think the consensus leans towards it having a hump of sorts and not a sail. Essentially the longer spines served as muscle attachment points. We also have numerous specimens (some almost complete) so we have a good idea of what it generally looked like, which is better then most of its relatives, aside from Concavenator perhaps.

Oh ok thanks !
So that means the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus did this wrong, since it looks like a sail to me...

Sim

Quote from: SenSx on December 02, 2021, 11:29:09 AM
I would love PNSo to make more middle sized dinosaur, like Megalosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Dilophosaurus or Cryolophosaurus :(
But I guess they would not sell as much, and would their price would not be high enough.

avatar_SenSx @SenSx, PNSO made Pachycephalosaurus and Nanotyrannus so I think it's possible they would make some more medium sized dinosaurs.  Dilophosaurus is very famous and popular so I think it would definitely sell well if PNSO made it.  I'd like a Dilophosaurus and Herrerasaurus from PNSO, and a Cryolophosaurus but only if it's fully feathered.

Quote from: Antey on December 02, 2021, 11:40:58 AM
It's a shame that not a single dinosaur I want is on the lists. However, if Triceratops is good I will buy it for sparring with Wilson. And I'll see how good the acrocantosaurus and centrosaurus are. My minimum plan for the existing PNSO models is far from complete.

I thought you expressed wanted a new Triceratops in the PNSO 2021 hopes and dreams thread?  More Hell Creek dinosaurs too, and Torosaurus is one.

Antey

Quote from: Sim on December 02, 2021, 04:29:13 PM
Quote from: Antey on December 02, 2021, 11:40:58 AM

I thought you expressed wanted a new Triceratops in the PNSO 2021 hopes and dreams thread?  More Hell Creek dinosaurs too, and Torosaurus is one.
In addition to these ceratopsians, nothing else, unfortunately.  :(

SRF

Quote from: Carnoking on December 02, 2021, 01:00:45 PM
I do wonder what changes they'll make to their Triceratops. Even if Doyle isn't 100% up to snuff, their triceratops model isn't hurting for an update nearly as bad as their T.rex mold was.

But the old Doyle is way too big to display next to Winter Wilson. My first guess was that the picture that was teased last summer would be the new Doyle in PVC form. But after seeing all the images of the Stygimoloch, that could also just be a colored render of the bronze statue that they've released earlier.
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: