News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

While waiting for my stuff from Japan to arrive, I got myself this legacy collection brachiosaurus by Mattel. Since I'm back collecting Mattel jurassic, though now restricted to Hammond collection as well as the mosasaurus, I decided to get this huge girl as part of the side quest to complete the dinos from the original 1993 movie. 2 down and 5 to go. I've seen the pics of the Hammond collection trike and I'll say I'm saddened that it's undersized. Still, buying it though. Here's this behemoth compared to some 1:20 scale figures: pokemon scale worldtrainer red and Charizard as well as safari ltd pteranodon and sand tiger shark

suspsy

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi, are you still wanting to review the PNSO Allosaurus?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JimoAi

Quote from: suspsy on May 08, 2022, 01:16:25 PM
avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi, are you still wanting to review the PNSO Allosaurus?
Yep, unfortunately I've been pretty busy but rest assured I'll get it done by the end of the year. I've already gotten a draft written

Theriz

Been a while since I've been here, but I'm back now! So my collection hasn't really grown a lot since the last time I posted (The Safari Daspletosaurus on Valentine's Day), but I've added three new dinosaur figures.

The Safari 2012 Acrocanthosaurus. It's such a charming little figure, and I'm really glad to have an accurate Acrocanthosaurus in my collection.

The Mattel Ouranosaurus. FINALLY. I can now say I have an Ouranosaurus in my collection. The figure is massive! About the same size as the Safari Giganotosaurus. The colors really pop on the shelf.

The Mattel Yangchuanosaurus. I finally found a Dominion figure. On my wantlist for this set of figures this guy was third after the Ampelosaurus and Megaraptor. His articulation surprised me. For a Mattel figure the articulation is really good. He is also huge. A little smaller than the Ouranosaurus though. Stunning figure.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your three new acquisitions, Mattel's ouranosaurus and yanchuanosaurus reflect how interesting this brand of dinosaurs is, which focus on all kinds of Mesozoic creatures, including those little known in toy dinosaur collecting, and on the other hand, the acrocanthosaurus from Safari is one of my favorites along with its Rebor and Collecta counterparts.

DragonRider02

I just got rather unexpected package-and by unexpected I mean I didn't expect to suddenly be able to buy these things at this moment. But last week some online toy store from my country suddenly started stocking Eofauna models! I was putting back getting Eofauna becouse of how expensive shipping from other countries to mine is, but now I won't have have to worry about it anymore! And the price of the models themselves is noticably lower here than in the German store I got my Triceratops from last year. So I can finally add Atlasaurus and the new Diplodocus to my collection!
I also got two of my most anticipated Papo models for 2022: Hummingbird and Magpie. I really adore the Magpie- Magpies are my favourite 'backyard' birds I see every day from my window and the Papo figure is just exquisite! It captures the bird's apperance so well, the beak and claws are surprisingly sharp and it has really nice blue and green metallic paint on tail and wings. It honestly may be my favourite Papo model ever. I really can't wait for their Great Tit to finally become avaiable.

Shonisaurus

Nice acquisitions and congratulations. The diplodocus of Eofauna wins with those paint tones with respect to the prototype paint.

Carnoking

I'm a little late to the party it seems, but this long boi showed up yesterday. Certainly impressive (even with some pre-mature paint wear)!

Spoiler

Thought I saw someone asking for more comparisons with the old Carnegie offering. I hope these shots help! It's definitely longer but not as robust.

Here it is with the fairly recent Safari offering. Despite the improvements in sculpt and paint, I still think I prefer the proportions of Safari's offering.

And of course, the Battat crown jewel still reigns supreme in my book.

Here's the Atlasaurus, which is still my personal favorite Eofauna release.

Their trikes.

And their Giga.

Pretty good looking group so far. For me, this diplodocus lies somewhere in the middle.

I'll close with the obligatory Allosaurus attack photo.

[close]

Darko2300

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 12, 2022, 03:59:41 PM

Okay, I know it's not a dinosaur, but that awesome-looking blue and red dragon in the background... Who makes that!? 😮

Halichoeres

That CollectA magpie is really gorgeous!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DragonRider02

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 14, 2022, 02:14:06 AM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 12, 2022, 03:59:41 PM

Okay, I know it's not a dinosaur, but that awesome-looking blue and red dragon in the background... Who makes that!? 😮
avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 It's McFarlane Dragons Deluxe Hydra Dragon figure.
I got it for christmas when I was maybe 10-12 years old.

Shonisaurus

Carnoking and darko2300 I am glad and congratulate you that you already have in your respective collections the Eofauna diplodocus, it is immense and sincerely rivals its Battat counterpart in genius.

Carnoking

My new paperweight showed up today.

need4swede

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Beautiful photos as always! Thank you for sharing - especially the Sauropods :)
- Swede

Shonisaurus

My congratulations Carnoking that Nanmu parasaurolophus corpse is great. The sculpture is very realistic and chilling. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bread

I was not ready for the size of the Eofauna Diplodocus...

Duna

My Eofauna diplodocus arrived two weeks ago but I hadn't taken a pic. If I had enough room I would have purchased the Konobelodon, but as it's not a well known species, I didn't. If it was Platybelodon ...

I've also purchased the Safari Baryonyx, that is much much better in hand than in pictures. Its paint app is quite complex and it works very well. It's a very good figure, I highly recommend it. The problem is that new super hard material that they have started to use. I don't know if they are trying to avoid warping, but it looks the other way round: mine has the lower jaw very twisted to the side in a funny way. And barely stands on two nails of the left foot as it's very warped. Moreover, I really think that you could stab fatally someone with its tail. It's super hard, the material reminds me of the hard Inpros from the 80s.

ceratopsian

My Baryonyx came with a super-warped foot, despite the packaging protection, and couldn't stand at all.  Safari were rather unhelpful when I contacted them and said that any warping must have occurred after the model left the factory: they were not responsible if it got hot etc in transit to the seller.

Quote from: Duna on May 21, 2022, 02:16:56 PMMy Eofauna diplodocus arrived two weeks ago but I hadn't taken a pic. If I had enough room I would have purchased the Konobelodon, but as it's not a well known species, I didn't. If it was Platybelodon ...

I've also purchased the Safari Baryonyx, that is much much better in hand than in pictures. Its paint app is quite complex and it works very well. It's a very good figure, I highly recommend it. The problem is that new super hard material that they have started to use. I don't know if they are trying to avoid warping, but it looks the other way round: mine has the lower jaw very twisted to the side in a funny way. And barely stands on two nails of the left foot as it's very warped. Moreover, I really think that you could stab fatally someone with its tail. It's super hard, the material reminds me of the hard Inpros from the 80s.

Duna

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 21, 2022, 03:39:00 PMMy Baryonyx came with a super-warped foot, despite the packaging protection, and couldn't stand at all.  Safari were rather unhelpful when I contacted them and said that any warping must have occurred after the model left the factory: they were not responsible if it got hot etc in transit to the seller.
Is it the right foot? You can see in my picture that it only touches the floor with two nails. And it's obvious that with that super hard material the jaw is imposible to have warped after factory. And not enough hot here to make that.

Thialfi

Got these two beauties, big thanks to avatar_Dan @Dan from Dan's Dinosaurs for hooking me up and providing an amazing service. I am beyond pleased!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: