News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on May 15, 2022, 04:07:29 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 14, 2022, 09:04:40 PMDon't like Banjo's osteoderms or paint apps, also don't want to pay that much for him. CollectA's Fukuiraptor is better but the claws are woefully short. Both have problems with the skull shape

I think their skull shape is within possibility for basal megaraptorans.  I wouldn't recommend CollectA's Fukuiraptor though as it places the largest claw on the middle finger instead of the first finger.  Instead I'd suggest Favorite's mini Fukuiraptor.  I have it and it's a wonderful little model with a head shape that might be more plausible than those other figures.  Fukuiraptor didn't have long claws by the way: https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Megaraptoran-series-703711797

Not enough keratin on any of those claw reconstructions
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on May 15, 2022, 04:07:29 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 14, 2022, 09:04:40 PMDon't like Banjo's osteoderms or paint apps, also don't want to pay that much for him. CollectA's Fukuiraptor is better but the claws are woefully short. Both have problems with the skull shape

I think their skull shape is within possibility for basal megaraptorans.  I wouldn't recommend CollectA's Fukuiraptor though as it places the largest claw on the middle finger instead of the first finger.  Instead I'd suggest Favorite's mini Fukuiraptor.  I have it and it's a wonderful little model with a head shape that might be more plausible than those other figures.  Fukuiraptor didn't have long claws by the way: https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Megaraptoran-series-703711797

I don't have a way to get favourite co. minifigures anyways so
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

The claws on the skeletals look to have enough keratin to me, don't forget they curve inwards so the full length isn't visible.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on May 15, 2022, 04:53:24 AMI'll fourth or fifth it (after avatar_Takama @Takama suggested it). It's also the most complete pachycephalosaur outside of the juvenile Homalocephale, that I'm aware of so far. I also have JPOG nostalgia for the latter, and the former is another Dinosaur Park species I long for in my collection. And I'm pretty sure avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres still wants this one too?

But I may get this Stygimoloch if I like it enough (always been a fan of the name too), especially if it is as well researched as the Zuul was, assuming it's another Dino Dana figure anyways. Had a quick internet search of the Dino Dana design out of curiosity, and the color of it even appeals to me some. Reminds me of candy I guess?

I would like a Stegoceras, yes. Lots of things I would like and that is one.

A few years ago that Mofun Stygimoloch came out, which was weird because Mofun otherwise seems to make exclusively bootlegs. It would be funny if it turned out to be a bootleg of a Safari sculpt that they somehow managed to get distributed before Safari could.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/gS_A0E7LJvk
2022 Safari Ltd Albertosaurus review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews.

Flaffy

I do wonder how the new Albertosaurus will look with the Carnegie's colour scheme.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on May 17, 2022, 03:50:38 PMI do wonder how the new Albertosaurus will look with the Carnegie's colour scheme.

Dull.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/Cw6S3xLDIvU
2022 Safari Ltd Zuul review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews.

Fenestra

That's a really nice looking figure. I like the green.

Fembrogon

Safari ltd. has a 20% off flash sale going on today, so now's a good time to order the Patagotitan if you haven't already.

Fembrogon

From Twitter:

QuoteWe have another reveal coming this Friday and we're TOO(b) excited😉

https://twitter.com/SafariLtd/status/1532011867866120193

Hmmmm..... extinct or extant??

Halichoeres

I would love for it to be extinct, but I really doubt it. They haven't done a prehistoric Toob since 2013, and that one (Cambrian Life) is retired, as are almost all of the interesting Toobs (Prehistoric Sharks, Prehistoric Crocs, Prehistoric Marine Life). The only good one they still make is the Feathered Dinos, but with terrible crude new paint jobs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

Yeah, at this point, I'd bet on another fantasy-themed Toob before a prehistoric Toob. Could always be wrong, but I'm not holding out much hope.
Check out my customs thread!

bmathison1972

An Asian TOOB has already been leaked; it may be that one. Follows there recent geographically-centric tubes in recent years (Great Lakes, Southern Africa, Amazon).

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 01, 2022, 09:31:49 PMAn Asian TOOB has already been leaked; it may be that one. Follows there recent geographically-centric tubes in recent years (Great Lakes, Southern Africa, Amazon).

I'm holding out hope that we'll get a Chesapeake Bay TOOB someday. We got the Great Lakes so I'm not ruling it out. I do believe you are right about the Asian TOOB. That leaked list has been accurate so far. Hopefully it includes some unique species instead of the usual pandas and tigers.

Strepsodus

Quote from: profnik on January 20, 2022, 05:33:38 PMAn I'm waiting for safari ltd 2022 prehistoric collection for list of sculptors
wild safari prehistoric world collection:
Albertosaurus OR Gorgosaurus
Zuul

This aged well.

Gwangi

Well the rumors were correct, the TOOB is an Asian TOOB. And as predicted, the usual pandas and tigers are there. There are some nice surprises in there too, the saiga being one. A couple of archosaurs with the eagle and gharial.

Flaffy

The Panda and Tiger are obligatory, like Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor in any dinosaur line, but still incredibly boring species choices imo.

The rest of the tube is very nice though. Would love to see the Saiga, Gharial and Asian Elephant be made into full sized figures.

Gwangi

Quote from: Flaffy on June 03, 2022, 02:35:32 PMThe Panda and Tiger are obligatory, like Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor in any dinosaur line, but still incredibly boring species choices imo.

The rest of the tube is very nice though. Would love to see the Saiga, Gharial and Asian Elephant be made into full sized figures.

Yeah, you really couldn't have an Asian TOOB without them. Personally, I want a full sized figures of the saiga, gharial, and Philippine eagle. Still waiting for a full sized figure of the black caiman from the South America TOOB too.

Dusty Wren

Love that little saiga. And I just realized that Safari doesn't have a full-sized saiga figure, do they? Is CollectA the only company that's made one?
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: