News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum upgrade feedback

Started by DinoToyForum, May 15, 2022, 09:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 20, 2022, 02:52:39 PMThis is an extremely small deal, but within boards you used to be able to sort by # of views or # of replies, and that option seems to have disappeared. I might be the only one who misses it.

It's still there, but only on larger screens. The views/replies part of the boards get chopped off to save space in mobile view.

Faelrin

Yeah I noticed it was there when I switched to desktop site view on my phone's browser.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Oh yes, it's only missing on mobile. That makes sense, thank you!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I was not a fan initially, though that's partly because I really do not like change, and this looks all clinical and formal and not friendly, but I do think it is growing on me, plus I like some of the new functions. A draft is very helpful.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Yeah saving drafts is a feature I never knew I wanted.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Funk

There was a nice feature in the old version where you could see all threads you had posted in that had gotten new posts since, where is that now?

Edit: Scratch that, seems to be "Updated Topics"... I think it was just called something different before.

Halichoeres

Oh yeah I think that used to be "unread replies to your posts." Took me a sec to find too.

Newt

I like it. Text seems easier to read than in the previous version, and the editing toolbar above the message box is more user friendly than the old one.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, the insert image and insert link tools are more user friendly now. I should probably update the "how to post images" thread.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2022, 08:51:34 PMIndeed. Luckily, I was able to find and install a mod for this and so now you can drag it down as far as you like – no limit. I can set a limit if you prefer.
Thanks. That helped.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Something I noticed on my computer is that there's an extremely large expanse of empty space below the footer of the page, sometimes longer than the content itself. Is this the case for anyone else?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 04, 2022, 07:55:57 PMSomething I noticed on my computer is that there's an extremely large expanse of empty space below the footer of the page, sometimes longer than the content itself. Is this the case for anyone else?

Yes, same here.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 04, 2022, 08:03:37 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 04, 2022, 07:55:57 PMSomething I noticed on my computer is that there's an extremely large expanse of empty space below the footer of the page, sometimes longer than the content itself. Is this the case for anyone else?

Yes, same here.

Not for me. Is it below or above the blue section with the copyright text? Could someone share a screenshot? Thanks!

Edit - oh, and is it the same on the Animal Toy Forum?

Pachyrhinosaurus

The blank space is below the copyright information. I checked the ATF and it isn't happening there.

The screenshot is the smallest I could zoom it out to and the blank space goes down much farther. It's on the main page and on threads, but not on the page I'm using now to reply.
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoToyForum

Thanks. Yeah, that's odd, and news to me. Obviously it shouldn't look like that and doesn't look like that on any of my devices (iphone, ipad, home laptop (Safari, Chrome), work PC (Chrome)). Has the white space under the footer been there for you ever since the forum was updated, or did it appear more recently? What browser are you using?

That ad just above the footer, is that on every page? Is it an Amazon ad or an Ebay ad? Because it doesn't appear on my screen. And it's one difference between ATF and DTF. So, I wonder if there's a bit of dodgy ad code causing the footer problem.

Edit - I've disabled the footer ad code to see if that fixes the problem, any luck?

Also, is that white space on the left and right always there for you as well, or is that just because you've zoomed out!? The forum content is set to expand to a rather large maximum width of 3000px, but it would be very simple for me to increase the maximum forum width if you like?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Unfortunately, the white space is still there for me. I also noticed that if I click on a thread, it will sometimes send me down there to start and I have to scroll up to see the page.

It's been like that for a while but I don't remember if it started right after the change or later. I'm using Chrome on a Windows computer.

The ad was there on every page before it was removed. I believe it was for Amazon and it was the same item every time.

The space on the sides in the screenshot was just from me zooming out. The page fits on the screen fine longways.
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoToyForum

Okay. To help me diagnose the problem is anyone else apart from Pachyrhinosaurus and Postsaurischian experiencing this and what browser/device are you using, also Chrome/windows PC?

avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus you said it is on the main forum page and on the thread pages, but the reply pages are okay. Are there any other pages it does not occur so I can compare the code?

Also, is it there every time you load a page, or does it sometimes go?

Thanks for your help.

Newt

I am also seeing the white space. I am using MS Edge on a Windows PC. I haven't noticed if it's always present, but I'll watch from now on and let you know.

ceratopsian

I have an absolutely massive blank space below the footer below the reply box in this thread (not checked on other threads).  It's not inconvenienced me because I've never tried to scroll down below the Quick Reply box before, hence have not previously noticed it.  Chrome, Windows desktop.

DinoToyForum

Hmm, this seems widespread. Is it on every page or just certain pages?

I wonder if it is related to the reply box height mod I installed recently (see upthread). But if that were so, it wouldn't happen on the forum front page, and it would happen on the ATF too.

It can't be an issue with one of the side bar blocks, because they don't appear on thread pages.

And the fact that it doesn't happen on the ATF, even though both sites use the same software, means it must be something DTF-specific. But what!?

I'm going to deinstall another mod now. Let me know if that fixes the problem... Edit - mod deinstalled, does the problem persist?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: