News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2022

Started by blnadal, December 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/hEBjdWDWYdk
2022 W Dragon JP3 Spinosaurus Review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews. It is a beautiful finished model but I do not like the CGI look of the Spinosaurus in the movie. The animatronic is definitely much appealing to me. Still a beautifully painted and detailed model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 06, 2022, 05:35:51 PMhttps://youtu.be/hEBjdWDWYdk
2022 W Dragon JP3 Spinosaurus Review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews. It is a beautiful finished model but I do not like the CGI look of the Spinosaurus in the movie. The animatronic is definitely much appealing to me. Still a beautifully painted and detailed model.

I think if your a super fan and looking for versions of every appearance in the film then it's probably worth it... otherwise I'd go with a more artistic approach or the animatronic version.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 07, 2022, 04:32:26 AM
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on June 06, 2022, 05:35:51 PMhttps://youtu.be/hEBjdWDWYdk

I think if your a super fan and looking for versions of every appearance in the film then it's probably worth it... otherwise I'd go with a more artistic approach or the animatronic version.

It's beautiful!!! I'm a spino super fan, so I hope to get this from Sugo Toys as we have no local distributor of W-Dragon. Heck, I'm considering getting the 1/38 Prime 1 spino as well, knowing that I will be disappointed with the paint app as I have seen Rexy, and recently the carno.  :)) Can't wait to have a small pack of spino figures along with Nanmu's.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on June 07, 2022, 08:07:20 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 07, 2022, 04:32:26 AM

It's beautiful!!! I'm a spino super fan, so I hope to get this from Sugo Toys as we have no local distributor of W-Dragon. Heck, I'm considering getting the 1/38 Prime 1 spino as well, knowing that I will be disappointed with the paint app as I have seen Rexy, and recently the carno.  :)) Can't wait to have a small pack of spino figures along with Nanmu's.

I have it from Sugo as well, haven't found anyone else selling them? Also have the P1 on order, with those and Nanmu I'm about JP3 Spinoed out.

Over9K

I wonder if W-Dragon might do more stuff like this, along with the JP/JW stuff... kinda odd to just do the one, ya know?

August can't get here soon enough!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2022, 10:50:14 PMI wonder if W-Dragon might do more stuff like this, along with the JP/JW stuff... kinda odd to just do the one, ya know?

August can't get here soon enough!

I hope so. They're pretty cool and fairly priced too. The only problem I see is theropods sell whereas you always seem to take some of hit when trying anything else.

Sturisoma

Browsing aliexpress and saw some reviews on Rexy. Like bull rex, most of the complaints are she is small. Here in the comparison photos she is smaller then bull rex. I ordered the spino only and hoped to get Rexy, but she is so small for her price.

Really confused as to the scales claimed. W-Dragon licensed spino is 44 cm, 1/35 scale, but Prime 1 spino is 1/38 scale but 54 cm  :o

Takama

Scale is just a Buzzword for companeys

Trust me. Have a look at CollectAs Deluxe "1:40" Scale models and they are anything but.

Same applys with these Chinese companys

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on June 11, 2022, 02:42:45 AM

Browsing aliexpress and saw some reviews on Rexy. Like bull rex, most of the complaints are she is small. Here in the comparison photos she is smaller then bull rex. I ordered the spino only and hoped to get Rexy, but she is so small for her price.

Really confused as to the scales claimed. W-Dragon licensed spino is 44 cm, 1/35 scale, but Prime 1 spino is 1/38 scale but 54 cm  :o

Awww man..that is so disappointing. She's pretty thin too.  And for this the price went up?  I just canceled my P1 Rex and Carno..these WDragon pieces might be next..sigh

Not sure how this went sideways?

GiganotosaurusFan

Sega Rex, also officially licensed, also reaaaalllly thin. Might just be the basic design.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on June 11, 2022, 06:39:08 AMSega Rex, also officially licensed, also reaaaalllly thin. Might just be the basic design.

Mattel super thick/Asian companies super thin..just no good middle ground..well Nanmu maybe.

I'll have to decide on this one soon it's supposed to come out next month. I need more in hand pics.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 11, 2022, 03:34:14 PMMattel super thick/Asian companies super thin...

Probably reflective of each continent's diet!  ;D
- Swede

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 11, 2022, 03:34:14 PMI'll have to decide on this one soon it's supposed to come out next month.

I'm in the same boat. I actually cancelled my P1 Carno, Rex and Spino - the latter purely based on my disappointment on the two former models, considering the price of ownership and cost of shipping to the US. I might end up getting one anyway, but time will tell.

I have the WD Spino and Rexy on order. I was actually looking forward to the Rexy the most, but it doesn't look very great. That being said, something's telling me that I'm going to regret not getting it. Fewer and fewer vendors seem to be selling WD figures, and I don't really know how well their operation is run - but getting an officially licensed Rexy from WD sounds like something I would regret missing out on. I think I'd regret not getting it more than I would regret getting it, all things considered, but that's just me. I think I'll keep my order for now.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on June 12, 2022, 09:38:27 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 11, 2022, 03:34:14 PMI'll have to decide on this one soon it's supposed to come out next month.

I'm in the same boat. I actually cancelled my P1 Carno, Rex and Spino - the latter purely based on my disappointment on the two former models, considering the price of ownership and cost of shipping to the US. I might end up getting one anyway, but time will tell.

I have the WD Spino and Rexy on order. I was actually looking forward to the Rexy the most, but it doesn't look very great. That being said, something's telling me that I'm going to regret not getting it. Fewer and fewer vendors seem to be selling WD figures, and I don't really know how well their operation is run - but getting an officially licensed Rexy from WD sounds like something I would regret missing out on. I think I'd regret not getting it more than I would regret getting it, all things considered, but that's just me. I think I'll keep my order for now.

I cancelled the P1 Carno and Rex as well. The review pics just weren't good. P1 needs to stick to 1/15.  I keep looking at the P1 Spino really hope a review comes out before EE ships it. I hate canceling items, makes more and more retailers start charging NRDs for them..but what can you do? They are trying to sell items and make money and the companies are just cutting back more and more on paint apps and details, ect.. but they don't show production models.

I took a chance on WDragon after not liking their models much and bought the Indoraptor, it was a pleasant surprise. So I bought the Mosasaur and then the Indominus which despite a couple things still was ok and nice enough.  I have both the Spino and Rex on preorder but I just don't know..the Spino would be a good cg version. The rex..sigh..i'm conflicted.  It doesn't help that after the first couple pieces WDragon raised their prices quite a bit either.

Blade-of-the-Moon

GiganotosaurusFan

Dunno, might just be random pictures, but you definitely have a point.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Over9K

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on June 22, 2022, 07:29:22 PMDunno, might just be random pictures, but you definitely have a point.

Captions look legit.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 22, 2022, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on June 22, 2022, 07:29:22 PMDunno, might just be random pictures, but you definitely have a point.

Captions look legit.

Yep, thats what i thought too.  He mentions the narrow waist on the female rex and how the spino is indeed the cgi version:
QuoteJurassic Park Spinosaurus CGI version
This is a sculpture I made for W-Dragon. Spinosaurus is my favorite dinosaur, I try to make every shape, every scale to be accurate .Many people only remember the electric model but forget this one .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: