News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 24, 2022, 04:27:03 PMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, the color scheme on the Sinraptor is really growing on me. It looks like it has golden undertones in some of your photos (especially the third one). Is that noticeable in person, or is that an artifact of the camera? 

I would say the golden undertones are present but perhaps exaggerated due to my camera and lighting set up.

Carnoking

This wasn't supposed to get here until Monday. Boy am I glad I didn't have to wait.

Dusty Wren

Thanks for answering my question, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, and congrats on the rex! It's a beauty.

Slightly different than what's normally posted in this thread, but I thought the forum would appreciate it: I backed Windy & Wallflower's Theropods Deck on Kickstarter back in March, and my deck just arrived this week.

The numbered cards are standard playing cards, but the face cards and aces are all stylized theropod designs. The Carnotaurus and Dilophosaurus are probably my favorites. They're all awesome, though.

Here's the whole species list, in case anyone is curious.

Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren that is so cool, I love cards, far more fun than any modern games. Seeing them get these astonishinng redesigns makes me want to get a pack. Congratulations

Roselaar

Added two large gurllss to the JW collection:

And some smaller ones to the regular collection:

BlueKrono

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren Are they the same size as Magic, Pokémon and baseball cards? They look like they might be wider.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dusty Wren

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono, I think they're the same size as Magic cards--they're the standard size for playing cards, so about 64 x 88 mm or 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
Check out my customs thread!

Strepsodus

I recently made an order from Dejankin's For some more Collecta figures I needed.

Lythronax

I like the feathers.

Borealopelta

I like the way this figure captures the real coloration in the figure.

SidB

Quote from: Strepsodus on June 26, 2022, 01:53:55 AMI recently made an order from Dejankin's For some more Collecta figures I needed.

Lythronax

I like the feathers.

Borealopelta

I like the way this figure captures the real coloration in the figure.
Well done, two of their best figures from the relatively recent past.

Carnoking

Third Nanmu brach is the charm as they say.

Oh yeah, and it came with this little one I guess.

Takama

I havent boght very much in terms of new models

Instead i been working with Ansley Mcdanial

This is my latatest model from her

More photos of its here

JimoAi

Managed to find and acquire the Mattel Liopleurodon.

BlueKrono

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi It looks like it just came out. Do you think they'll be putting out more, or is this one that's sold out instantly never to be restocked?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

JimoAi

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 28, 2022, 01:56:03 PMavatar_JimoAi @JimoAi It looks like it just came out. Do you think they'll be putting out more, or is this one that's sold out instantly never to be restocked?

From where I'm from, it's the last one on the shelf. Last roar strikers too

Stegotyranno420

I have not acquired it yet, but I placed an order for the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus atokensis after saving up a years worth for my birthday, and the figure should arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I did pick up an old Safari velociraptor from Michael's to customize

I do wish they had the (retired?) Feathered velociraptor,  or any of their 2017-2019 figurines

Sim

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, Safari's feathered Velociraptor isn't retired, it's one of their best-selling figures.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Sim @Sim that's strange, I recall someone saying it was "unjustly retired" to my confusion and skepticism, hence why I put a question mark. But thanks for the information

Thialfi

Congrats on the amazing acquisitions everyone, far too much to comment on everything individually but colour me slightly envious ;)

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar curious where you picked up those four green little guys/girls/x 👀

Stegotyranno420

PNSO Acrocanthosaurus atokensis. 
I got this as an early birthday gift, since the mesozoic life spinosaurus is not out yet. I will post more detailed pictures in my collection thread after I revamp everything there(it's a bit of a mess right now)

SidB

Well, great acquisition, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 , this one is a fitting climax to this most recent run of eight figures, plus the surprise Zhuchentyrannus in between. It doesn't disappoint, despite some initial trepidations after the first released images. Having purchased all of these, it's a relief to finally have a break and enjoy them as they are.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: