News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

If the fire clan has an alliance with the dragon clan, then I wonder why David shared art of the two of them fighting (Dragolina and Smilodon vs Achillobator)?

Eocarcharia

Sorry, I meant that the Fire Clan is allied with some of the dragons, and the Dragon Clan is also allied with some(other) dragons. I'll edit my post to clarify.

suspsy

Yeah, the fact that the dragons in Cyberzoic are supposed to be natives of an alien planet effectively disqualifies them from being admissible on the DTB as far as I'm concerned. And even if they weren't, well, I just feel that they'd still be too many steps over the line. Fantasy dinosaurs are one thing, but dragons are just that, dragons.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Eocarcharia

Cyberzoic Achillobator color concept in progress:

Reposting this here from the Ceratopsian thread:
Quote from: Creative Beast StudioI'm very excited to announce that Creative Beast Studio will be exhibiting at this year's San Diego Comic Con, July 21-24th! Stop by booth B-03 to check out products, prototypes and more. It's great to be going back and I hope to see some of you at the show!

suspsy

I like the colour scheme, but I don't like that bald head.

EmperorDinobot

"Today we have a look at another essential Cyberzoic armor design- I give you the Tech Clan Triceratops! Being a larger armor unit, it will feature an alternate vehicle mode, as well as 'core armor' for an additional display option.
Concept art by Ross Persichetti."

I think this is awesome!

Halichoeres

Not really interested in the armor or story or any of that, but definitely grateful for the existence of an IP with well-designed dinosaur characters.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I was not alive during the Dino Riders era, and I have always been an enthusiast of dinosaur/mech hybrids. I hope to continue to be alive when these come out. The nouveau-retro look on the armor is tantalizing to my senses. Shame it is all for war, but sadly, peace does not sell.

suspsy

The two concepts for Achillobator are online now. California vs Andean condor.

suspsy

Both of these schemes look great, although I'm unsure about the bald heads.

And this is just so damned cool. If only I was a far richer man.

Sim

I'm eager to see the Cyberzoic Styracosaurus repaint.  I'd like to have the Styracosaurus figure but I don't like the BotM version's colouration.  I'm hoping I'll like the Cyberzoic version!

Darko2300

Quote from: Sim on June 29, 2022, 04:37:48 PMI'm eager to see the Cyberzoic Styracosaurus repaint.  I'd like to have the Styracosaurus figure but I don't like the BotM version's colouration.  I'm hoping I'll like the Cyberzoic version!
Do we know in fact, that there will be one? Styracosaurus wasn't on the Cyberzoic list he posted to the socials. I'm not sure how much adjusting he's still going to do over the next couple of years, though.

Sim

Yes, David said the BotM Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Diabloceratops, Tyrannosaurus, Dryptosaurus and Yutyrannus will be repainted for Cyberzoic.  It's in the first post of this thread. :)

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Darko2300

avatar_Sim @Sim - Thanks, I must have missed it!  ;D

Sim

Thanks for sharing that photo of the Stegosaurus, GojiraGuy!  I'm surprised at the inspiration and execution of the colours, but it will be good to have a Stegosaurus that looks different to other Stegosaurus figures.

SpartanSquat

Love this stego! Btw the lizard Silvas used is Uromastyx?

Darko2300

I really wanted to cherry-pick from this line (for both financial reasons, as well as space), but... there's just no way. Technology and armor designs aside, these dinosaurs are incredible. How can I not get them all? I feel like my entire life has been leading up to this moment. Who needs furniture when you have Dinosaurs? The rest of my life's discretionary income? Planned out. In fact, I should rethink getting married just to have a Cyberzoic Registry set up... 🤔

I'm gonna need a Fan Club to join, David. 😂

suspsy

That Stegosaurus is indeed going to be tempting.

Darko2300

Quote from: suspsy on June 30, 2022, 12:04:32 PMThat Stegosaurus is indeed going to be tempting.
Yes, but more or less than Kentrosaurus? 😁 I also asked David about hadrosaurs on Facebook, and for those of you who might not follow him there, this was the response: "I think we'll get to hadrosaurs, I'm just not sure when. I wish I could do them all once."

😱

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: