News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Stegosaurus will always be more tempting than Kentrosaurus as far as I am concerned. Although the fact that both it and the T. rex belong to the same faction reduces my temptation somewhat. If I'm going to shell out for Cyberzoic, I'd prefer to pit my selective purchases against one another.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

David just posted some renders of the Utahraptor's armor. Looks pretty cool!

suspsy

It looks badass, but it also looks ungainly. I worry that the toy will fall over to one side without a support.

EmperorDinobot

I think the armor will be hollow in these cases, which worries me because hollow bits tend to break easily.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on June 29, 2022, 04:37:48 PMI'm eager to see the Cyberzoic Styracosaurus repaint.  I'd like to have the Styracosaurus figure but I don't like the BotM version's colouration.  I'm hoping I'll like the Cyberzoic version!

Did you see the upcoming BotM "Old Buck" Styracosaurus? It has a different colour scheme, so you might prefer it to the current one. There's also the new PNSO Styracosaurus, which is very nice.

Sim

Thanks Concavenator.  I've seen the BotM Old Buck Styracosaurus, I don't like its colouration or its horns.  I love the PNSO Styracosaurus and was planning to get it, but recently I've been feeling that I might want to only collect BotM/Cyberzoic figures from now on...  I'm still considering that.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Stegosaurus! Big fan of the BotM colours so far, cyan-blue plates + orange body is quite a unique colouration for such an iconic dinosaur. For the Cyberzoic one however, I hope David finds some way to sufficiently differentiate from the similarly coloured and patterned Einiosaurus.

"Today we have a look at the color designs for the Beasts of the Mesozoic and Cyberzoic versions of Stegosaurus stenops! Colors were inspired by the Yucatán spiny-tailed iguana. Based on the skeletal by Matt Dempsey"

Carnoking

I felt the same way about the similarities to the Einiosaurus! Nice to see that of all the color schemes revealed so far, the Beasts of the Mesozoic variants have been my preferences for each!

Sim

Thanks for sharing this avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy!  And good catch with the Cyberzoic Stego resembling the BotM Einiosaurus.  I don't mind it as I have no interest in the Einiosaurus.  I very much like both versions of the Stegosaurus!  I only want to get one but I like them both so I don't know what I'll do.  But I know that I plan to get at least one and I'll be very happy to finally have a nicely coloured figure of Stegosaurus stenops which is one of my favourite prehistoric animals.

Duck

He who dwells in pond

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duck

Ahh it looks so gorgeous

I initially wasn't interested in this series but I seriously need that Allosaurus
He who dwells in pond

Faelrin

A bit late on this but I don't mind the Cyberzoic Stegosaurus resembling the Einiosaurus coloration, but I do get how folks could be bothered by it.

I really like how this Allosaurus is turning out. Curious to how the Cyberzoic one will also look.

I'm really glad David is doing two colorations for each of these. Going to be hard to decide on what I want down the road.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I'm happy each time I see new concept art for these BotM/Cyberzoic figures.  I love seeing it progress and seeing a preview of figures I want.

I was sure Allosaurus would use that striped snake as the colour inspiration, maybe it will be used for another Allosaurus species?  I'm also surprised that iguana isn't being used for a stegosaur.

suspsy

The BotM Stegosaurus is definitely the more attractive of the two. It will be interesting to see what the two finished versions of Allosaurus will be like.

Sim

There should be three versions of Allosaurus if I'm understanding it right, a Cyberzoic A. fragilis, a BotM A. fragilis and a BotM A. jimmadseni.  I'm looking forward to seeing all three.  The one in the concept art looks like Allosaurus jimmadseni.

It's interesting how red/orange and green colouration used to be common for Stegosaurus and now it's become common for Allosaurus.  The following Allosaurus figures all have that colouration: Safari 2019, CollectA 2020, PNSO medium, PNSO mini repaint and now this BotM/Cyberzoic Allosaurus.  It works well for Allosaurus, although I hope the other two BotM/Cyberzoic Allosaurus don't have this colour scheme as I think something different would be interesting.

suspsy

When did David state that he was going to do three versions of Allosaurus?

Sim

He didn't state he would do three versions of Allosaurus, but he said the following two things:

QuoteEach Cyberzoic dinosaur release will have a BotM counterpart color, thus a 'female' (CZ) and 'male' (BotM) version of each species.
(From the first post of this thread)

QuoteAllosaurus jimmadseni is planned for BotM
(From the first post of page 6 of this thread)

So putting those two things together suggests there will be three versions of Allosaurus since A. fragilis is the Cyberzoic species which will have a BotM counterpart with a different colouration, and he's also planning to make A. jimmadseni for BotM.

Darko2300

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: