News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Omg there is more coming? I was already very pleased so far, this is an amazing bonus. Can't wait!

Concavenator

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 15, 2022, 05:27:56 PM
Spoiler
STILL A CHANCE LADS
[close]

I wish!  ;D

I think one of those two will be the Dino Dana "Stygimoloch". And as for the other one, I'm guessing it's another resculpt of a species from the Carnegie Collection.

suspsy

Release dates for the toys that have already been revealed sure would be great.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on June 15, 2022, 08:51:12 PMRelease dates for the toys that have already been revealed sure would be great.

Quote from: Shane on June 08, 2022, 07:32:11 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on June 08, 2022, 12:29:39 AMDo we know when the Asian Toob and the Zuul figure will be released, btw?
I've been holding off on buying the Patagotitan until I can purchase all the Safari products I want this year in a single order.

I know it's a vague answer, but it's really hard to nail down any exact shipping or delivery times in the current logistics climate, where the demand for containers is super high and there are constant delays.

But I would anticipate within the next couple of months.

SpartanSquat

So we are going to get more! I think one of them will be dino dana and other from normal line.
Its me or safari hinted stygimoloch?
I hope the other will be Megaraptor

Halichoeres

If the Stygimoloch pans out, that means every single figure is of a Cretaceous animal. Ideally the last one would be from any other time period.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

2 dinosaurs only... Really hope there'll be something that isn't from the Cretaceous.

SBell

Quote from: terrorchicken on June 10, 2022, 01:03:34 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on June 03, 2022, 03:02:40 PMI've heard that Toob's paint quality tends to decrease drastically after the first production run, can anyone confirm this?

I've been meaning to pick up the new Primates and South American Toobs; but if the paint quality is poor since it's been a few years since release now, I might pass on them.

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 03, 2022, 02:46:38 PMLove that little saiga. And I just realized that Safari doesn't have a full-sized saiga figure, do they? Is CollectA the only company that's made one?
Yup CollectA made the nice Saiga a couple years ago. Safari has not tackled the species yet as far as I know.
I got a shipment from them last week. I got the South African and South American animals toobs. They still have what I think is their original paint apps, though I hate the way they painted the zebra and jaguar. Also finally got the feathered T-rex... what a pretty guy! I love the floofy neck. ;D

Id love to see more "regional" animal toobs as well. Id love to see an Everglades toob, although the river toob is very close they'd just have to replace the generic frog, snake and maybe a couple others with a manatee and Florida panther and maybe a rosate spoonbill and indigo snake.

To answer the Toob question, if the toob sees second and third runs, there's definitely a drop in paint quality. I'd definitely recommend getting them on first run

Skorpio V.

I'm fond of the marbled white and red Stygimoloch design they have for Dino Dan(a), however I like the older model of the head better. The new model leans much further into mangled Dracorex territory, but the body is MUCH mproved. I'm still happy they're coming out with it though!

(Old Model)

(New Model)

If they're going to continue with Dino Dana models, I'm holding out for their amazing Kosmoceratops model! That, and the Pterodaustro.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

SpartanSquat

Probably it will be Dino Dana Stygimoloch or even repainting Watson Dracorex and moving to Dino Dana line like they did with the Feathered Tyrannosaurus.
My hopes for the other dinosaur:
- Megaraptor
- Therizinosaurus
- Torvosaurus
- Dilophosaurus based in 2020 paper
- Lambeosaurus

profnik

:D therizinosaurus & Stygimoloch that would be great idea for safari ltd 2022 wild safari prehistoric uworld collection.

Just like therizinosaurus from movie Jurassic world Dominion

:D I hope mythical realms collection of the Loch Ness monster like dinosaurs

suspsy

When are we supposed to see the final reveals again?

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2022, 02:24:02 AMWhen are we supposed to see the final reveals again?

If I recall correctly Safari said the last week of July.

suspsy

Well then, hopefully this will be an interesting week. Although I probably would pass on a Stygimoloch.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2022, 08:13:35 PMWell then, hopefully this will be an interesting week. Although I probably would pass on a Stygimoloch.

Not quite the end of July yet, you've got some more waiting to do.  ;)

suspsy

For some reason I read first week earlier. Meh.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2022, 08:13:35 PMWell then, hopefully this will be an interesting week. Although I probably would pass on a Stygimoloch.
The year of the invalid genus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Unexpected but appreciated comparisons of the new Albertosaurus and Zuul with some other figures:

First, the Albertosaurus with some fellow tyrannosauroids.

The Albertosaurus with some more figures.

And last but not least, the Zuul!

Source: Baidu

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol there for a second I felt I was playing the dinosaur toy version of Where's Waldo?

SpartanSquat

If its from Baidu, the pics come from china.
Also, about the new releases, at the end of the month. We know one is Stygimoloch, so its Dino Dana version. Im more intrigued which is the other.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: