News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New DinoToyBlog entries

Started by DinoToyForum, March 12, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

That was a simple, yet touching tribute, avatar_suspsy @suspsy. It is an interesting model indeed. Speaking of CollectA/Procon, I could not help but search the archives, and realized that my Agustinia review from back in the day is in serious need of new digital photographs. Shall I take a few new pictures so that it may be updated?

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Fembrogon

EmperorDinobot

I have seen the AMNH replica in person, if you could call it a "replica", and the tail was held a lot higher than this model does, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon . I have the pictures to prove it. This feels a bit...dated. I would like to acquire one though. I like big dinosaurs. Thank you for the review.

Fembrogon

Thanks, and it's my pleasure! I haven't seen the AMNH mount myself, although I have seen photos online. The two appear very similar, but maybe less similar than I took them to be.

indohyus

EmperorDinobot

Interesting turtle avatar_indohyus @indohyus, it led me to another one of your turtle reviews, and they are now on my list. I need more turtles and reptiles for my JP Waterworld, and my little creek area.

suspsy

EmperorDinobot

It is not that bad. That being said, I will take that as a request to showcase one of the ugliest dinosaurs we all now own.

Fembrogon

I believe it's been a little while since the last time we had a Kaiyodo review...

http://dinotoyblog.com/2022/06/26/dinosaur-excavation-no-7-capsule-miniq-museum-by-kaiyodo/

EmperorDinobot

I have always wanted that set. Great review.

Gwangi

suspsy

suspsy

My review of the PNSO Baryonyx, with yet another tribute to a recently departed Englishman:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2022/07/01/baryonyx-age-of-the-dinosaurs-by-pnso/

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I named mine Watermelon for obvious reasons, avatar_suspsy @suspsy I just got myself a mni Baryonyx along with two others. Hopefully the person who sold me the Glyophoderma can send it to me in the same package.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 03, 2022, 02:06:17 AMavatar_Gwangi @Gwangi I named mine Watermelon for obvious reasons, avatar_suspsy @suspsy I just got myself a mni Baryonyx along with two others. Hopefully the person who sold me the Glyophoderma can send it to me in the same package.

That's a good name for it.  ^-^

Concavenator

Been waiting for the PNSO Allosaurus review, nice job! avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi

QuoteHowever, the ventral margin of the jugal, maxillary, and premaxilla resembles A.fragilis more and even PNSO confirmed that it's this species.

This was the "official" confirmation by PNSO.

Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 06:17:20 PMDirect confirmation from PNSO that "Paul" is A. fragilis :'(

But check out this recent video.

Minute 1:26. Zhao Chuang himself confirmes the model was based on Big Al, and thereby, A.jimmadseni.

Sim

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, I think you should share your discovery that Zhao Chuang confirmed it's based on A. jimmadseni in the comments on the figure's review on the blog.  It's a very useful piece of information.  I would have done it but I don't have time to read the whole review and I never comment on a review if I haven't read it all.

Jurassicspirit

Love this Allosaurus model. Nice review!
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the planet, but they are alive and well in our imaginations."
– Steve Miller.
https://www.dinosaur-universe.com/
My life will be devoted to dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: