News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Lynx on July 21, 2022, 09:38:33 PMWell, y'all, I did it.
I won a bid for the Carnegie 2015 feathered velociraptor, a figure that has been my most wanted for many years. This white whale is soon to take a spot on my shelf  ;D

Nicely done! That is one of my favorite Carnegie figures.

Ludodactylus

My wife surprised me today with a collection of PNSO mini-figures. I showed her Brown the Chasmosaurus while telling her about how underrepresented the species is in toy lines, and she made some astute selections based on what's already in my collection.

"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Duna

I won a bid for the Carnegie 2015 feathered velociraptor, a figure that has been my most wanted for many years. This white whale is soon to take a spot on my shelf  ;D

WOW, congrats!! Those are rare as hell! I don't know why they are not even more expensive than the brachio or the miragaia or the carno, but I think those probably have the "fame". But the rarest is the velociraptor, no doubt. Less than a year in production, one of the shortest tail enders ...

Those are super cool batches, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar and avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot
By the way, I wasn't aware that there was a super-colossal tyrannosaurus from Dominion, what a surprise.

need4swede

Quote from: Ludodactylus on July 22, 2022, 09:49:41 PMMy wife surprised me today with a collection of PNSO mini-figures.

That's really sweet. The figures my wife has gotten me over the years always feel more special to me.

Congrats on both finds!
- Swede

Carnoking

I fixed a mistake I made while on a trip this past week. I originally picked up the Safari Ltd. Deinocheirus back when it first released but fool that I was, I did not appreciate this odd duck nearly as much as I should have and actually ended up giving it to a friend a few years ago. When Prehistoric Planet reinvigorated my interest in the animal, I started thinking I should really pick up the figure again and the opportunity presented itself during a visit to Dino Ridge in Colorado. Nice to have this figure back in the collection.

When I got back from my trip, REBOR's Saurophaganax (AKA, Notorious B.I.G.) was waiting for me. I gotta say, I have a love/hate relationship with what REBOR did with this figure. On one hand, the stylized sculpt is a lot of fun but I was never too taken by any of the paint jobs. Back when they were developing this project, I had hopes they would do a Jurassic World or WWD inspired color scheme (with a nickname like Notorious B.I.G., you'd think a Big Al inspired paint deco would be a given!), but what we got instead was a bit hit and miss for me. I flip flopped around on which one I would pick up (if any), and eventually landed on the Volcanic Variant given that it's color scheme reminded me of Smaug, a character I quite enjoy. Still, I didn't want to pay full price for a color scheme I was only lukewarm to.

Luckily for me, someone on eBay was letting this figure go alongside the recent Carnotaurus at a low starting bid, and I managed to get both for a fair enough price!*

That being said, I probably won't be holding on to this second Carnotaur for long, although having a pair just like in the movie is so cool that I might have to reconsider >:D

*Apologies to anyone here who happened to be eyeing the same listing!!

Pliosaurking

Just got this haul in from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur
So glad I got the acrocanthosaurus it's phenomenal!
The konobeleodon and the collecta figures are also quite nice

Halichoeres

Very nice stuff all around, enjoy it, everyone!  8)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Duna @Duna yes, they exist. Horrendous wastes of plastic and space. I do not own any nor do I plan on getting any.

Duna

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 26, 2022, 04:54:00 AMavatar_Duna @Duna yes, they exist. Horrendous wastes of plastic and space. I do not own any nor do I plan on getting any.
But you can use some to keep mini dinos inside  :)) I do not have any Jurassic Park toy (excepting vintage Danone and Yolanda and HappyMeal eggs) but I was very tempted to get a second hand T-rex of these to play eat with my children.  :)) But yes, too large.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Duna on July 25, 2022, 05:15:14 PM
WOW, congrats!! Those are rare as hell! I don't know why they are not even more expensive than the brachio or the miragaia or the carno, but I think those probably have the "fame". But the rarest is the velociraptor, no doubt. Less than a year in production, one of the shortest tail enders ...

Probably because the superior Wild Safari Feathered Velociraptor exists.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 26, 2022, 04:54:00 AMavatar_Duna @Duna yes, they exist. Horrendous wastes of plastic and space. I do not own any nor do I plan on getting any.

So, how long till you buy the first one and then lament the fact that some of the other may be hard to find by then? ;D

Got my second and most likely last Dominion plush from the Kaufland promotion.

Although I'm not sure if this T.rex menaced Alan, Tim and Lex or if it menaced Marshall, Will and Holly.... Kinda looks like Grumpy from the original "Land of the Lost", doesn't it?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor the truth is I own a Battle Damage T.rex and the normal, non-electronic one. I just don't own them. They are just in the garage, and are not likely to ever be put in the collection. If I sell them, it has to be done so locally. That is why I am not going to get the Atrociraptor or the Giganotosaur. Or any other of those for that matter. Horrendous wastes of space they are.

Roselaar

Amazing what lots of dinosaurs you can score at second hand stores for only 11 euros:

The red Stegosaur figure and the Protoceratops need ID-ing. The latter has Toyway marked on its bottom, the former nothing at all to go on (it's a cheap Chinasaur, but of an unusual species in an unusual posture).

Libraraptor

:o  :o avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar, you are lucky to live in the Netherlands.

need4swede

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar wow that's a nice find! Is that tiny red one next to the Para a Ceratosaurus?
That Para in the upper right (next to the Stego) looks really cool, also.

Congrats!
- Swede

Roselaar

Quote from: need4swede on July 28, 2022, 07:35:10 PMavatar_Roselaar @Roselaar wow that's a nice find! Is that tiny red one next to the Para a Ceratosaurus?
That Para in the upper right (next to the Stego) looks really cool, also.

Congrats!

It is indeed. Kinda retro. Probably some Chinasaur, but I liked it well enough to save it from the bin of random toys.

And now for some more JW, fresh from the interwebs:

CityRaptor

Got the soundtrack to a classic! Normally it is rather expensive, but I found a cheap one.

I also found a genuine piece of Dinosaur while taking a stroll, the feather of a Buteo.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Carnoking

Nanmu's "Master Hunter" limited edition came in yesterday. Nice looking figure, although the base is the real standout IMO.

SidB

Like the base too, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , though the sculpt is more than okay too! Bases aren't as easy to come by as in the past, now that PNSO has stopped supplying them with their sculpts (which many folk applaud, I suppose).

Fembrogon

Those are some great finds, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar! The Invictas and JPIII figures are especially cool.

Congrats on that soundtrack, avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor! James Horner is probably one of my favorite film composers, and The Land Before Time might be one of my favorite-ever soundtracks. I was taken aback a few years ago to discover how expensive the CD can be now.

Concavenator

Quote from: SidB on August 04, 2022, 02:10:15 PMBases aren't as easy to come by as in the past, now that PNSO has stopped supplying them with their sculpts (which many folk applaud, I suppose).

In my case, I'm partly glad, because I don't care for bases in general, but it's also true I don't find it fair they're asking the same prices for figures they used to supply bases with.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: