News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

And I'd just like to add that I think I've been too harsh on the Papo Apatosaurus.  The sculptor clearly made an effort and the figure is mostly very good, it's just its neck that looks terrible to me.

I've decided to only collect Beasts of the Mesozoic/Cyberzoic figures from now on, but I think I would make an exception for a PNSO Suchomimus.  If they really are making one I'm eager to see it!

Leyster

My two cents on the PNSO Sinraptor, yes including teeth and tail.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Jetdin

i think the nanmu apatosaurus is a decent apatosaurus, for those who missed out on or could not afford the sideshow apatosaurus.

i do have a 1:35 Barosaurus (BYU9024), its massive but the price tag is also massive. wish i could share pics in a manner that does not involve having to use hotobucket

ceratopsian

avatar_Jetdin @Jetdin - Photobucket is not the only option. Some people use postimage. Im sure there are other hosting sites too

ceratopsian

Lingwulong has made it to Everything Dinosaur - mine is already ordered.

Jetdin

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 12, 2022, 02:47:17 PMavatar_Jetdin @Jetdin - Photobucket is not the only option. Some people use postimage. Im sure there are other hosting sites too
thank you for the suggestion, will try it out

Jetdin

here are some photos:

Halichoeres

avatar_Jetdin @Jetdin that Barosaurus is a model kit?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

BlueKrono

FYI The Tsintaosaurus is 30% off on U.S. Amazon right now. That's the deepest discount I've seen yet. Finally placed my order.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jetdin

Renecito

Chongzuo the Sinopliosaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

DinoToyForum

But Sinopliosaurus is a plesiosaur. ??? It should be Siamosaurus.

suspsy

. . . what?

Why aren't they calling it Siamosaurus? Any why are they making a toy of a spinosaur known only from a few teeth when there are other ones known from much better remains? Am I still dreaming in my bed without knowing it?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't do a species known from at least decent remains that don't have very many figures, such as suchomimus or Icthyovenator. Also they should have named it siamosaurus
It is however a very nice looking figure and I plan on getting it

ceratopsian

It seems an odd choice to make a model of something known only from teeth, originally identified as a plesiosaur and then reclassified by Buffetaut. I see Amiot also did some work on it with isotope analysis. Maybe the Chinese origin made it an attractive option for PNSO, aimed at their domestic market.

suspsy

If PNSO loves making Chinese dinosaurs so much, then how about a Zhenyuanlong? Or Psittacosaurus? Jianianhualong? Sinornithosaurus? Caudipteryx? Sinocalliopterus? There's dozens of dinosaurs from the Yixian Formation alone that they could tackle.

DinoToyForum

Taxonomy aside, it is a really beautiful model!

Just to clarify, because it is a bit confusing. The teeth of Siamosaurus were originally referred to the existing plesiosaur genus Sinopliosaurus, but were subseqently reidentified as belonging to a spinosaurid dinosaur. The original Sinopliosaurus material - including some vertebrae, a femur, and a girdle bone - is still certainly a plesiosaur.

suspsy

It is a beautiful model. Shame it isn't Baryonyx or Suchomimus or Irritator.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on August 14, 2022, 01:12:12 PM. . . what?

Why aren't they calling it Siamosaurus? Any why are they making a toy of a spinosaur known only from a few teeth when there are other ones known from much better remains? Am I still dreaming in my bed without knowing it?
Because it's from China? That seems like the only reason to me for them to make it over something like Suchomimus or Baryonyx
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: