News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sort of Back on it!

Started by Blackdanter, June 05, 2022, 11:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Some really quirky and unusual pieces, especially that CollectA Rebbachisaurus. It seems they kept the same leg sculpts as the four-on-the-floor version and just rotated them to make it rear up.

I've also never seen the bendy Resaurus figures. I think I actually prefer this format without all the joints and seams!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blackdanter

Todays Dino's, The wonderful 1989 Yolanda figures:

Tyrannosaurus and Tarbosaurus.

Stegosaurus.

Brontosaurus.

Uintatherium and Dimetrodon.

Deinonychus.

Pteranodon.

Blackdanter

Todays figures. Tiny Feves set with mini Darwin.

Blackdanter

Everywhere I look in this house I find Inpro dinosaurs! Some were very dusty so it was wash time. Not too much hassle but I did notice how brittle the old Smilodon figure seems to be getting with two having broken very easily (one tooth and one tail) during a light wash! I think I have 3 complete sets of Inpro dinosaurs (Including 3 carded Chivers sets although, only one of those has the poster with it).

Also washed the lovely old ROM set, stunningly lovely vintage plastic from Canada. It was darned hard to complete a set of these a few years back. I would imagine that it's a lot harder now.

Halichoeres

Sorry to hear about the Smilodons' extremities! Hope they can be repaired.

I missed the previous post; those feves are incredible. I'm guessing they're on a one-centimeter grid?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 17, 2022, 01:41:20 PMSorry to hear about the Smilodons' extremities! Hope they can be repaired.

I missed the previous post; those feves are incredible. I'm guessing they're on a one-centimeter grid?

Not worth repairing as I'd already lost the missing bits (washed away)! Yes, they're nice little miniatures. Indeed the grid is one-centimeter.  I only have a couple of sets of Feves as I'm not overly keen on the glazed ones, only the matt finished ones. There's a dizzying number of sets and no apparent collectors index list of these things unfortunately.

Blackdanter

Todays random figures.

Nabisco dinosaurs:

Nabisco prehistoric mammals:

China made ice age animals (one of those discount store sets you see once only):

Crackington

Fantastic collection of Inpros and nice to see those Nabisco cereal premiums too.

Those ice age animals make a nice set too, any idea who made them?

Blackdanter

Quote from: Crackington on August 29, 2022, 10:40:36 PMFantastic collection of Inpros and nice to see those Nabisco cereal premiums too.

Those ice age animals make a nice set too, any idea who made them?

Thanks Crackington.

The ice age animals are from a few years back. Some are named but two aren't. They are all marked 'Made in China'. No idea who manufactured them but they came in bagged sets with the card marked 'Kids Stuff' and distributed by Excite in the USA.

Crackington

It's astonishing how amongst all the dross produced by those unknown companies gems like these can appear.

A bit like that Placerias based on WWD that seemingly came out of nowhere a few years back (although now we know it was made by a company called Nayab).

Halichoeres

Crackington

Are you sure they are the same make avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres?

There are different species in the two groups and the mammoths are quite different when you look closely - Blackdanter's is much better 🙂.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 30, 2022, 10:17:12 PMI have seen this set attributed to Chick Yuet: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Chick_Yuet

Those are photos of another set of mine. The Chick Yuet set is another interesting set but not the same one. That said it has crossed my mind that the other set (posted here) may also be a later Chick Yuet offering ................

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 30, 2022, 10:17:12 PMI have seen this set attributed to Chick Yuet: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Chick_Yuet
Aren't some of these also attributed to AAA. I have several, though not all, and they are stamped AAA.

Blackdanter

Quote from: SidB on August 30, 2022, 11:36:22 PM
Aren't some of these also attributed to AAA. I have several, though not all, and they are stamped AAA.

Hi SidB. The general assumption is that the Chick Yuet figures are copies of the AAA figures (Walking With Beasts inspired) however, this may not be the case and it may actually be the other way around. There was discussion around this some years back and I think that the outcome was that the best that can be said is that both companies figures where inspired by Walking With Beasts. The AAA figures are marked as such and the Chick Yuet are not manufacturer marked.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Crackington on August 30, 2022, 10:36:38 PMAre you sure they are the same make avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres?

There are different species in the two groups and the mammoths are quite different when you look closely - Blackdanter's is much better 🙂.

You're completely right. I saw a half-dozen-ish set of prehistoric mammals of a similar vintage and just assumed they were the same without looking too closely. They're really quite different!

Quote from: Blackdanter on August 30, 2022, 11:02:41 PM

Those are photos of another set of mine. The Chick Yuet set is another interesting set but not the same one. That said it has crossed my mind that the other set (posted here) may also be a later Chick Yuet offering ................

Could be. Would be really nice if either set had a manufacturer's stamp!

Duna

Congrats avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter for those large Inpro collection! It cost me a lot to finish one complete ...  ^-^

By the way, that collection of chinasaurs is a little gem.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Duna on September 01, 2022, 07:23:35 PMCongrats avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter for those large Inpro collection! It cost me a lot to finish one complete ...  ^-^

By the way, that collection of chinasaurs is a little gem.

Thanks Duna.

Blackdanter

Todays dinos/prehistoric reptiles:

Play visions prehistoric marine reptiles:

Collecta Polacanthus and its steroidal big cousin by Hobby & Work Publishing:

TooOldForDinosaurs

Beautiful to see the whole Play Visions marine reptiles set assembled. And all the figures look almost fresh out of the box :o 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: