News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Your collection is lovely, really shaping up. The Battat are of course the major highlight.

I have a personal beef with Maiasaura constantly depicted with a nest though, and actually like that the Battat doesn't come with it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 16, 2022, 01:42:39 AM
Your collection is lovely, really shaping up. The Battat are of course the major highlight.

I have a personal beef with Maiasaura constantly depicted with a nest though, and actually like that the Battat doesn't come with it.

Thanks  :)! Haha, whats that personal beef all about? Do you mean because almost no company (of the few that gave us a maiasaura) did a figure of an adult individual just on its own?

TooOldForDinosaurs

So it's been a while since I've posted anything in this thread and my collection has not been without changes through that time. I've sold many figures (mainly Schleich, some CollectA and others) and acquired even more  ::) . Instead of spamming this thread with a huge update post on all the changes - and since I felt like inventorying all my current figures anyway - I had a big photoshoot and made an Update Video on my collection.  :)

Enjoy:

ceratopsian

Very nicely done indeed.  I enjoyed watching your new acquisitions with the peaceful music background.  The bases you multi-purposed worked a treat to set off the assorted figures. You've been very busy - and you've assembled some wonderful models in a remarkably short time.

Halichoeres

An impressive and eclectic collection!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pliosaurking

Beautiful collection
You're got quite a few rare gems in there!

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks!  :)) I have been busy indeed. Sold almost my entire Schleich Replica Saurus Collection (and am still in process of doing so) as well as many of the older Safari Carnegie figures to fund some of the new acquisitions. Most of the pictured figures are of course still same old but there have been a few big chunky new ones like the EoFauna Diplodocus and PNSOs Audrey (with Dabei) and Chuanchuan.

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 17, 2022, 12:49:41 PMAn impressive and eclectic collection!
A compliment I will take with pride from the person with probably the most wide-ranged and comprehensive collection on here.  ;D avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking Thank you! I'm lucky I do, yes.

TooOldForDinosaurs

As a member of the Toyway WWD Ophthalmosaurus cult, I am constantly on the lookout on all possible platforms for those figures in good condition. This has led me to posess two specimens of this beauty so far. Recently I have stumbled not over one - but actually two (SPOILER) more figures which I've been able to acquire. One has already arrived, which is the reason for this short update post. The fourth is on its way  O:-) . I have taken into consideration that I might be going insane for wanting as many as possible of the same figure, but if thats the case, I have to say that it feels quite good ;D

Enough talking heres a picture of the assembly:

The third specimen:

And a funny short video I put together:

Pliosaurking

Nice addition to your collection
I hope I can find one in as good of shape as yours in the future

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Pliosaurking on August 23, 2022, 02:50:31 PMNice addition to your collection
I hope I can find one in as good of shape as yours in the future

Thanks  :)  I wish you the best of luck!

Halichoeres

Ooh, all three of your copies are nicer than my one! Mildly envious of your little pod!  :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 24, 2022, 06:04:15 PMOoh, all three of your copies are nicer than my one! Mildly envious of your little pod!  :))
O:-)

ceratopsian

I confess to being more than mildly envious! But they do look very handsome swimming together!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 24, 2022, 11:21:58 PMI confess to being more than mildly envious! But they do look very handsome swimming together!
They do! I am obsessed with this model or rather toy... for me there is just no other figure of all the ones that I've seen pictures of, read reviews about or own myself that comes close to it in terms of charm.
What I still lack are some proper figure stands. I'm using different transparent plastic glasses, cups and boxes right now, the idea with the overturned glass I've actually gotten off of avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio s thread. The Invicta stands would fit perfectly but those are just impossible to find - loose even more so than together with a too expensive Liopleurodon or Blue Whale figure.

TooOldForDinosaurs

As announced the fourth member has now finally (after a long wait in customs) joined my Ophthalmosauri crew. One could call it a Tetra-pod now. ;)

Lynx

The fact that you managed to get four of these guys is incredible! How much did they all cost in total?
An oversized house cat.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Lynx @Lynx A lot :-X In total they cost me about 200£. So around 50£ per figure. Some less than that some more.

Pliosaurking

Wow!
I'm amazed that you got 4 of these!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Pliosaurking on September 01, 2022, 03:54:00 PMWow!
I'm amazed that you got 4 of these!
I'm quite surprised as well. I didn't plan on doing so in the first place. I had to search for a very long time for the first one. After finding a second one I got hooked. Now I would sell almost any other figure of my collection to make room and funds for more of these ::)

Halichoeres

Well, now they can square dance. You just need a caller.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: