You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I imagine the news of Happy Hen Toys already having it in stock lead to some pre-orders getting canceled through BBTS

Duna

Quote from: Over9K on September 02, 2022, 08:57:23 AMWhen I unboxed it, I initially wondered if I had gotten a "Tusk" tail by accident, the difference is that stark.
I'm glad to think I was not the only one to think that  ;D  ;D

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on September 03, 2022, 02:52:44 AMI imagine the news of Happy Hen Toys already having it in stock lead to some pre-orders getting canceled through BBTS

Not entirely sure what the delay is with this one. We all got the email about it weeks ago, no? Usually the items ship shortly after. Very tempted to jump ship, but I'm hoping BBTS will get them out any day now.
- Swede

Faelrin

I keep putting off the Mattel stuff on my wishlist waiting for this to come in. Not gonna be happy if I got to wait another month for this to come in.

Think I may cancel my pre-order for the base pack (well if they try to charge for it this month). Wonder if I can just chance it and grab it next month instead. Got a large haul with avatar_brettnj @brettnj I imagine I'll be paying for that soon as well, and that comes first and foremost.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Remko

Just picked up Kiss from the DHL shop, and, well, wow! I mean, WOW!

I never cared much for Rebor figures, sure, they are pleasing for the eye, but not scientifically accurate, so not really for me, and I don't have a lot of them in my collection.

But this T. rex is just amazing.
I hope Rebor starts to do more scientifically accurate figures from now on, because they have shown to be among the very best.

It's also interesting to note that this figure is by far the bulkiest and beefiest T. rex around. As well as one of the biggest, if using the official 1:35th scale, although Nanmu's is bigger, but that's a Jurassic Park T. rex.
So it will fit right in with Mark Witton's latest blog post about a possible giant individual T. rex, 15 meters long, and dwarfing Sue.

I already had Wilson two, three and four from PNSO, with nr. 4 from 2019/2020 being the most accurate at the time, but Kiss blows it right out of the water. Wilson looks so dated now.

I saw in a couple of reviews that people had issues with the mouth staying fully closed, but my figure has no such issues. After removing the rubber bands holding the mouth shut for transport, I have not yet been able to pry it open.  ;D

I do have the issue with the tail gap though, but I'm going to try to use the Nanmu Apatosaurus technique on it, so cold water and air drying. Perhaps the tail will fit better that way. Need to do thaton my Rebor Stegosaurus as well, as it has a similar problem with tail gap getting bigger.

Over9K

Carnoking

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on September 07, 2022, 02:58:33 AMBBTS needs to hurry up!

They must have heard you...

I order both variants and the base pack, but I only received one notification. Perhaps they haven't received the others yet?
- Swede

Halichoeres

Haha it would be very BBTS to somehow get these in different shipments.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

I got notifications of both the T. rex and the base pack in one email (and saw it right after seeing Carnoking post on it lol). Had to cancel the base pack for now. Have a large haul of stuff I still owe Brett for, etc, and adding this into the mix right now would be over stepping it. The T. rex I covered with making minimum payment's on my card for this month (which thankfully hit yesterday before they charged it today) and the last.

And all that said I paid the shipping so I should finally have both the HC T. rex and Rebor Kiss on its way now. Can't wait for both.

Also completely unrelated but this werewolf figure caught my eye when I went to deal with those things on BBTS. Totally pre-ordered it, even if circumstances could be different by the estimate shipping date. But that's what I like about BBTS. I can worry about it later.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/217756#

Carnoking

Got the email while having coffee with a friend and had to contain a whoop of excitement (they wouldn't understand  ::) )
Now to hope I got a decent copy cuz Kiss is already sold out from them once again.

need4swede

Quote from: Faelrin on September 07, 2022, 11:25:28 PMI got notifications of both the T. rex and the base pack in one email
Quote from: Carnoking on September 07, 2022, 11:33:20 PMGot the email while having coffee with a friend and had to contain a whoop of excitement (they wouldn't understand  ::) )

I only got one. My Tusk figure is still listed as 'pre-ordered' on BBTS.
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking did you also order both or just the one?
- Swede

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 07, 2022, 10:15:37 PMHaha it would be very BBTS to somehow get these in different shipments.
If the preorder was late then it is for sure in a different shipment. Funny how right you are. BBTS has a habbit of doing this unfortunately.

Quote from: Carnoking on September 07, 2022, 11:33:20 PMGot the email while having coffee with a friend and had to contain a whoop of excitement (they wouldn't understand  ::) )
Now to hope I got a decent copy cuz Kiss is already sold out from them once again.
If you'd like, I have a second one ordered through BBTS because I will be sending it off to get repainted, I'll be willing to trade you if I receive a decent copy with the jaw being able to close.

Faelrin

avatar_need4swede @need4swede If it at all helps, I believe I pre-ordered both Kiss and the base pack on the same day. I also ordered Kiss only. Not Tusk too.

Rain

Quote from: need4swede on September 08, 2022, 12:15:16 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on September 07, 2022, 11:25:28 PMI got notifications of both the T. rex and the base pack in one email

I only got one. My Tusk figure is still listed as 'pre-ordered' on BBTS.
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking did you also order both or just the one?

My "Kiss" is still listed as pre-ordered and I've yet to receive an email beyond the one that was sent a few weeks back. Strange.

need4swede

The only consistent thing about this ordeal is how inconsistent it is. I ordered both models, and the base, the day they became available. I don't mind the wait - it's the uncertainty that bugs me. With other retailers, I have a reasonable expectation of when the figure will ship and arrive at my doorstep. With BBTS it's more like a game of darts, where the board has a list of orders to be fulfilled and all the participants are blindfolded and are spun around five times before taking their turn.

It doesn't help that this figure is highly anticipated, which probably makes the wait that much more torturous. Hopefully BBTS can ship these out before the rest of us go extinct!
- Swede

Rain

Well, I ended up receiving my email...

If it's just the box, I'll live. If they, for some reason, checked the actual figure and deemed it 'substandard', I'll be pretty annoyed. Especially so since it's just a $2 discount.

EDIT: The image won't work for some reason but it's an email from BBTS stating they received their shipment but didn't have any 'standard grade' packages left, so they've changed my order to 'sub-standard' and will begin processing.

Bread

Quote from: Rain on September 08, 2022, 02:54:53 PMWell, I ended up receiving my email...

If it's just the box, I'll live. If they, for some reason, checked the actual figure and deemed it 'substandard', I'll be pretty annoyed. Especially so since it's just a $2 discount.

EDIT: The image won't work for some reason but it's an email from BBTS stating they received their shipment but didn't have any 'standard grade' packages left, so they've changed my order to 'sub-standard' and will begin processing.
I also got the email. This is probably the reason some of us were not receiving any emails compared to others.

As Rain said, hopefully it is in the box, no warping present. The mouth and tail issues are 50/50 chance regardless if the box is damaged so there's that...

Edit: Also, for anyone who has made second guesses to wanting Rebor's Kiss for a more reasonable price at ~$50, BBTS has it in stock but substandard grade only. Few bucks off but not a steal unfortunately.

Carnoking

The standard/substandard refers to the condition the packaging is in as I understand it. I imagine they do that for the collectors who are quite particular about the condition of their items, box and all but I have my doubts they're unboxing all these figures, examining them, then repackaging them to send out.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would guess they only check the box, there's no way they examine every figure.

I ordered both figures and both were charged and both have shipped.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: