News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

A couple more angles avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin :

The mass at the bottom is a miniature diorama consisting of pebbles and a trilobite to conceal the hole for the keychain strap. Quite ingenious if I do say so myself.

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thanks for all the information regarding this. Very much appreciate it. Hoping I can sit on it (and possibly the Drepanosaurus as well, since I think that's the first figure I've seen of it) until next year, since I just placed an order for a bunch of Takara Tomy Ania JW figures, the Kaiyodo Great Leaps Anomalocaris, and also waiting for the F-Toys Confect Cambrian period set (8 ball jointed Anomalocaris and Hallucigenia figures), to come in, which is due in November, so these will need to wait until some time after, especially since I want to keep it under $100 if possible. I also have another haul I need to pay for (including shipping) as soon I can (on the 21st).

For anyone curious I have ordered the:

-Eikoh Archelon, Arsinoitherium, Dinornis, Megaloceros, Meiolania, Platybelodon, Synthetoceras, Titanis
-Kaiyodo Dakotaraptor, Ornithomimus, Platybelodon, Steller's Sea Cow, Thyalcosmilus
-Takara Tomy ARTS Jurassic Park set (Brachiosaurus, Velociraptor hatchling, TLW buck Tyrannosaurus, and Spinosaurus), repainted Old Seas set (Anomalocaris, Archelon, coelacanth, Dunkleosteus, eurypterid, trilobite), and the recent Jurassic World Raptors Collection Pyroraptor, and a mini Gacha machine

Edit: Just saw your additional images. Very nice. It's also quite interesting to see that little "base" implemented there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

There's a new heavy hitter on my shelves

Eocarcharia

Latest acquisition from a couple days ago:

EmperorDinobot

Hayden, you should post the picture with the banana  :)) that way we know just how big the Dreadnoughtus is!

Carnoking

No problem! There you go.

EmperorDinobot

Bigger than a banana confirmed

MLMjp

I said I wasn't going to...I went back and forth for days...but here she is:

JimoAi

My latest haul
For the kaiyodo Dakotaraptor, it measures 9cm long so I'm using it as an atrociraptor for the time being + from the tiny head, it's hard to tell if lips are present or not

SidB

My latest acquisitions: first, a certain well known and somewhat controversial character, who possesses a definite curb appeal nontheless, taking its place in my main collection area -

Then four resin Cenozoic Mammals from Paleo Sculpture,

Phiomia

Pyrotherium

Homotherium

Smilodon

ceratopsian

I like your shelf setting for "he who must not be named"(!). Very effective, S @SidB. And lovely haul of Cenozoic creatures.

SidB

Thank you, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , maybe sometime I'll show the full display. As far as the Cenozoic mammals are concerned,  I have the sense that they're kind of orphans, at times,  on the DTF, but it's nice to know that there are folk who appreciate them here too.

Blackdanter

Couple of random AliExpress oddities turned up this week:

This Duncleosteus. Solid and hefty lump of plastic. I suspect it's a bootleg but surprisingly good quality. The base is an Iguanodon vertebra
(not part of the figure).

This oddly posed Plesiosaur. Not sure about this one. It might be an original figure. Anyone know? Looks happy enough though!

SidB

Interesting, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter . These AliExpress oddities often have an unique charm and interest about them. While some are semi-bootlegs, so to speak, others have an unknown origin. Sort of intriguing, in any case. And we can't assume that they are filled with toxic chemicals or painted with similar, either. The quality of some of these is rather good, IMO.

BlueKrono

The plesiosaur is either Recur or a knockoff thereof. Is it soft plastic, feels like it has cotton inside?
https://toptoyusa.com/product/recur-dinosaur-figure-toy-plesiosaurus-prehistoric-animal-action-figure-model-realistic-replica-7-8inch-ancient-sea-monster-155-scale-edutainment-birthday-gift-for-collectors-kid-boy-age-3-and-up/

I recognize that Dunk too, but I can't remember the company name. avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres help me out?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blackdanter

Quote from: BlueKrono on September 21, 2022, 02:01:25 PMThe plesiosaur is either Recur or a knockoff thereof. Is it soft plastic, feels like it has cotton inside?
https://toptoyusa.com/product/recur-dinosaur-figure-toy-plesiosaurus-prehistoric-animal-action-figure-model-realistic-replica-7-8inch-ancient-sea-monster-155-scale-edutainment-birthday-gift-for-collectors-kid-boy-age-3-and-up/

I recognize that Dunk too, but I can't remember the company name. avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres help me out?

Ah, thanks BlueKrono. The Plesiosaur is soft and (I suspect) cotton filled. No markings on it at all.

I'm pretty sure that the Dunk is a knock off. I do recognise it from somewhere but I can't place it. It's surprisingly good quality for a knock off though.

Either way, both will stay in my collection. ;O)

Blackdanter

Quote from: SidB on September 21, 2022, 01:33:50 PMInteresting, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter . These AliExpress oddities often have an unique charm and interest about them. While some are semi-bootlegs, so to speak, others have an unknown origin. Sort of intriguing, in any case. And we can't assume that they are filled with toxic chemicals or painted with similar, either. The quality of some of these is rather good, IMO.

I don't plan on chewing either figure or testing them on toddlers (not today anyway)! Both are pretty good quality wise. The Dunk is the better of the two and pretty much looks like it could have come out of any current toy makers line quality wise. The Plesio is an interesting figure and not badly finished but the white underside is thin in places.

SidB

Quote from: Blackdanter on September 21, 2022, 02:34:35 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 21, 2022, 01:33:50 PMInteresting, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter . These AliExpress oddities often have an unique charm and interest about them. While some are semi-bootlegs, so to speak, others have an unknown origin. Sort of intriguing, in any case. And we can't assume that they are filled with toxic chemicals or painted with similar, either. The quality of some of these is rather good, IMO.

I don't plan on chewing either figure or testing them on toddlers (not today anyway)! Both are pretty good quality wise. The Dunk is the better of the two and pretty much looks like it could have come out of any current toy makers line quality wise. The Plesio is an interesting figure and not badly finished but the white underside is thin in places.
Right, no sense in that unless you opted for the "nutrient enriched" version.

Blackdanter

Quote from: SidB on September 21, 2022, 02:47:48 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on September 21, 2022, 02:34:35 PM

Right, no sense in that unless you opted for the "nutrient enriched" version.

Imagine if you will, a world where PNSO figures are only molded in white chocolate .......................

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 21, 2022, 10:03:56 AMI like your shelf setting for "he who must not be named"(!). Very effective, S @SidB. And lovely haul of Cenozoic creatures.

;D  I really like that term. we should use it as the official naming of the figure!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: