News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past - New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 08, 2022, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 14, 2022, 04:17:53 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy

This picture is misleading because: I WILL CUT EVERY SINGLE SNOWSHOE BEFORE IT GETS PAINTED AND DELIVERED!!! (*sorry*)

We talked about what looks better and since the figure will not stand on its own (it will get a transparent stand) there is no reason to keep the shoes.
I will post pictures soon :-)

That's great news! Will definitely free up the Majungasaurus to more displays and dioramas without permanent bases. Looking forward to its further development in the coming weeks. ;D

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 15, 2022, 07:52:20 PMToo late to design and produce a detailed one like the Tethyshadros has?

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 Maybe not to late, but the price of each figure would nearly double at this stage. I don't think anyone would like this  :-\ I could offer a 3D printed base in our shop for these willing to pay extra money.

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 14, 2022, 04:57:29 PM[...] I'll be interested to see the finalized color pattern, packaging, and a comparison of this model with the Tethyshadros pair.

I will take photos of exactly that for you ;-)

Thialfi

Looks amazing, thank you for keeping us up to date, good luck with all the hard work avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector!

Halichoeres

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to this and the Scutosaurus/Kotlassia
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

This change is very appreciated avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector , thank you. I think the transparent stand is currently the best solution for solving stability issues - not obstrusive, cheap, effective, and there's also the possibility of not using them if they bother the owner too much.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Joel1905

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on May 14, 2022, 03:14:36 PMI simply do the same post as I did over on social media  O:-)

I thought it would be good to answer some of the most frequently asked questions. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer these:

Q: When are Majungasaurus & Scutosaurus going to be released?
A: Let's face it: we are beyond our schedule. The last step in colour applying has been taken. From here it takes 4-8 more weeks.

Q: Why is it taking so long?
A: There are several reasons:
- Covid - our manufactory has small capacities and couldn't handle all project at the same time and they needed to do it step by step
- Focus - Wild Past is still a "Hobby business" and I (Stefan Klein) have a full time job besides this project as I need the money to make it happen 😉
- Knowledge - The figures are being produced in Germany and it is hard to compete with experienced factories you'll find in China or anywhere else. We constantly build up our knowledge from scratch. Protoceratops was a starting point IF we can do it. On Tethyshadros we tested improvements in sculpting details and some colours. Now we further improve the process as we have explored what is possible and learn something new every week.

Q: Are you going to focus on the 3D prints instead the PVC figures?
A: No. The fully painted PVC figures are our main focus.

Q: Is Tuojiangosaurus or any of the 3D printed models meant to be part of the main line?
A: The 3D prints are our playground where we have no production limits and creativity unfolds. Maybe the one or other model will make it to the main line as a variant if it's a popular request.

Q: Will you make a [Tyrannosaurus or any other species I want you to make]?
A: I write down all your wishes and ideas very carefully 🙂

Any updates on the Scutosaurus?

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Any news on the Majungasaurus and Scutosaurus?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: 5aurophaganax on October 12, 2022, 06:10:23 PMavatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Any news on the Majungasaurus and Scutosaurus?

Wild Past`s shop is closed since like 2 weeks for private reasons until 18th October according to their site, so I guess any updates will take a while.

Concavenator

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus Thank you. Looking forward to more news on the Majungasaurus.

DinoToyCollector

Hey avatar_Concavenator @5aurophaganax
I am sorry for not posting updates on the figures but I can be transparent here:
We are still improving the paint application. This is our weakest point and we work with another person to get the best out of the price. The pieces arrived at the painter and I think there will be some updates and final contracts to this topic. Everything else is set.

The shop and the PVC figures are not related. I simply get problems with my lungs and got skin irritations while printing at home. I need a seperate work room for this kind of work. I don't want to set my newborn into danger as well.

As soon as I have pictures of the painted prototypes I will post them everywhere ;-)

Also: We already have some more models, but plans are different this way to make the process smoother

Halichoeres

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see what's in store.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Crackington

Yes thanks avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector and congratulations on the new baby  :)

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Thanks for the update! Looking forward to more.

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 24, 2022, 02:08:17 PMAlso: We already have some more models, but plans are different this way to make the process smoother

I hope one of them will be the Plateosaurus!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Always glad to hear an update! Is the Alcione still planned to be included with the Majungasaurus, or is that being dropped for now? I must confess, when I was watching Prehistoric Planet I kept thinking how cool it would be to have the one you had scuplted, avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector !

SidB

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Protoceratops and the Tethyshadros pair from ED. Seemed too good an opportunity to get some smaller-sized 1/35 scale dinos for my dioramas. Now to wait for the holiday shipping processes in Britain to work their magic and send them across the pond.

P.S. Can hardly believe it, but I've hit the 3000 post plateau. Never thought that it would arrive. Hopefully there's enough oxygen at this rarified altitude to sustain my continued existence for 2023!

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on December 31, 2022, 01:08:41 PMP.S. Can hardly believe it, but I've hit the 3000 post plateau. Never thought that it would arrive. Hopefully there's enough oxygen at this rarified altitude to sustain my continued existence foe 2023!

Welcome to the ranks of the excessively garrulous!

Crackington

Well done on getting there SidB and you'll love these figures when you get them. Looking forward to more releases from Stefan hopefully this year.

SidB

Quote from: Crackington on January 08, 2023, 02:11:53 PMWell done on getting there SidB and you'll love these figures when you get them. Looking forward to more releases from Stefan hopefully this year.
Yes hopefully, as you say. It's been a bit of a wait for the WP figures to arrive - I guess shipping across the pond from ED has been a bit slow over the holidays. My PNSO order arrived from China today, yet no WP's yet, though geographically there's no comparison with the distances involved. Oh well, waiting is "a good experience and builds character", as someone has said!

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 08, 2023, 02:07:57 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 31, 2022, 01:08:41 PMP.S. Can hardly believe it, but I've hit the 3000 post plateau. Never thought that it would arrive. Hopefully there's enough oxygen at this rarified altitude to sustain my continued existence foe 2023!

Welcome to the ranks of the excessively garrulous!
Thank you, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , I'm speechless (sort of ... temporarily).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: