News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 hopefully it is not moldy inside.

Anyways, the best thing about getting clean is that I have more cash, even though I should not spend it. This is part of my big summer haul, and even my love for Star Wars came back.

Mind you, the SW figures are not from the dinosaur lot. I do not know if there is a list of the so called Captivz, or a list for the snappy-type dinosaurs, but I am glad to have gotten them too from the person who sold me three large boxes of dinosaurs in May. I never imagined I would get to keep so much of the stuff he had, and I am happy to give them a home, even though the original plan was to sell them all.

The Alan Grant was actually a gift from the person I bought some of the Star Wars figures from. They noticed I was into dinosaurs via the store, and kindly sent that figure to me. I am eternally grateful. There is a lot of good people in this world, and we should focus on that instead.

SidB

A couple of small shipments came in this week and I'll share these with you:

First, our familiar Rebor 'Kiss", in a congenial PNSO familial setting - 'Kiss's' coloration fits in quite well in her new setting:

Closer up:

Then, my two latest additions from Mike Eischen, a short-faced bear and a Moa, both at 1/35 scale to go with my 1/35-1/40 Cenozoics. They'll await painting in the new year.

These are, of course, resin.

TooOldForDinosaurs

S @SidB Congratulations! Some very nice additions.  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing the models in a fresh paint coat. 

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 08, 2022, 08:36:22 PMS @SidB Congratulations! Some very nice additions.  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing the models in a fresh paint coat. 
Thanks, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs , I hope to have the current painted resins available to show by the end of next week, though the rest will only be ready in the winter of 2023. Cenozoic mammals don't get a lot of love, but they are an unique niche, aren't they!

triceratops83

S @SidB I love the way you've set up your display shelves, with the plants and mountainous background.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 10, 2022, 11:12:10 PMS @SidB I love the way you've set up your display shelves, with the plants and mountainous background.
Thanks! So far I've held back from showing my general displays on the Forum, but maybe on of these days! I've had a lot of fun developing and setting them up.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: UK on September 23, 2022, 09:57:44 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 23, 2022, 04:25:33 PMMy pair of Rebor bases arrived today from Everything Dinosaur.  The Rebor box was a bit battered and the tree trunk had punctured the side at some point.  I think the card is too thin and perhaps the box is a bit too wide, allowing the the contents to jiggle round. But my bases are both perfect - ED are checking the contents before sending out.  Really like the bases and I'm looking forward to experimenting who should occupy them!

My Rebor Kiss arrived today from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur too. Good service as always but like your bases, my box box was damaged too. Guess Rebor are reducing packaging costs and they are taking punishment in the post despite excellent and careful packaging by avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur.

We can confirm that the Winter Tears/Summer Kisses boxes are not in the best condition.  In the light of comments about forum members receiving damaged bases, we @Everything_Dinosaur are opening every box of Winter Tears/Summer Kisses and inspecting the contents to make sure the bases we despatch are not damaged.  We are then carefully re-packing each base, placing a card insert inside the box to help to reduce shaking and including an advisory note in 4 languages (English, French, German and Spanish).  The advisory note asks customers to take care when removing the bases from their packaging.

ceratopsian

It's always good to hear that a firm is going the extra mile so our purchases are in good condition when we get them. Thank you avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur for the extra care and excellent service you provide!

Roselaar

Big JW figures in today, I love it! Can't wait to open and assemble the Dread! :)

EmperorDinobot

I got this:

If the blog needs it reviewed, let me know. I can do this one pretty quickly.

suspsy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 14, 2022, 11:20:47 AMI got this:

If the blog needs it reviewed, let me know. I can do this one pretty quickly.

Yes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

Flea market haul.  :)

EmperorDinobot

I love the red Dacentrurus on the left avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor

Libraraptor

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 18, 2022, 10:15:19 AMI love the red Dacentrurus on the left avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor
...and I don´t have the slightest clue what its origin is. It just says "Made in China". It´s squeezable and had obviously been used as a bathtub companion before. But that´s all I know. Maybe just a generic Cheaposaur, but with a lot of charme.

triceratops83

It looks like a knock-off of the CollectA Lexovisaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

EmperorDinobot

Yes that's what I was thinking of, which is based off some old dino book art.

I think.

postsaurischian

Carnoking

This was certainly a pleasant surprise to come home to. These two figures have blown me away! More photos in their respective threads.

CityRaptor

Got these over the last two months or so.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pliosaurking

Finally got my first Hammond Collection figure, and boy it sure doesn't disappoint!
The Tyrannosaurus Rex!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: