News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Been a while since I last had a good look at this list. I think none of the species currently on it have been done again so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

However, I think any and all of the following may be candidates for addition to the USL:

Caiuajara (Collecta)
Bajadasaurus (Collecta)
Pravitoceras (Collecta)
Cooperoceras (Collecta)
Smok (Collecta)
Siamosaurus (Mattel)
Geosternbergia (Mattel)
Qilmesaurus (Mattel)
Dreadnoughtus (Mattel)
Xuanhanosaurus (Mattel)
Dryptosaurus (Mattel)
Sinotyrannus (Mattel)
Austroraptor (Mattel)
Elaphrosaurus (Mattel)
Lingwulong (PNSO)
Sinopliosaurus (PNSO)
Spinops (PNSO)
Machairoceratops (PNSO)
Patagotitan (Safari)
Zuul (Safari)

Would anybody agree or disagree?

Samrukia

Quote from: Roselaar on October 08, 2022, 02:26:52 PMBeen a while since I last had a good look at this list. I think none of the species currently on it have been done again so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

However, I think any and all of the following may be candidates for addition to the USL:

Caiuajara (Collecta)
Bajadasaurus (Collecta)
Pravitoceras (Collecta)
Cooperoceras (Collecta)
Smok (Collecta)
Siamosaurus (Mattel)
Geosternbergia (Mattel)
Qilmesaurus (Mattel)
Dreadnoughtus (Mattel)
Xuanhanosaurus (Mattel)
Dryptosaurus (Mattel)
Sinotyrannus (Mattel)
Austroraptor (Mattel)
Elaphrosaurus (Mattel)
Lingwulong (PNSO)
Sinopliosaurus (PNSO)
Spinops (PNSO)
Machairoceratops (PNSO)
Patagotitan (Safari)
Zuul (Safari)

Would anybody agree or disagree?

Geosternbergia was also done by CollectA

Halichoeres

The "Life: Evolution of Life on Earth Series" miniatures haven't been added, either. Would you like me to compile a list of the ones that haven't been represented elsewhere?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

The CollectA figure is labelled Pteranodon, not Geosternbergia.  If I'm understanding the first post of this thread correctly, the name the producer gives to their figure determines what it gets counted as.  Is the Mattel figure actually labelled Geosternbergia, for that matter?  I know some people like to call Pteranodon sternbergi figures Geosternbergia even though the producer doesn't call them that and Geosternbergia being a redundant genus given the species' close relation to Pternanodon longiceps.

Dryptosaurus was made for the Transmutazors line, I had it when I was little.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 08, 2022, 08:37:00 PMThe "Life: Evolution of Life on Earth Series" miniatures haven't been added, either. Would you like me to compile a list of the ones that haven't been represented elsewhere?

Absolutely! If you could provide links to pictures, that would be even more superb! :)

Quote from: Sim on October 08, 2022, 09:30:39 PMThe CollectA figure is labelled Pteranodon, not Geosternbergia.  If I'm understanding the first post of this thread correctly, the name the producer gives to their figure determines what it gets counted as.  Is the Mattel figure actually labelled Geosternbergia, for that matter?  I know some people like to call Pteranodon sternbergi figures Geosternbergia even though the producer doesn't call them that and Geosternbergia being a redundant genus given the species' close relation to Pternanodon longiceps.

Dryptosaurus was made for the Transmutazors line, I had it when I was little.

Thx for Drypto info!
You'recorrect on that role, I don't recall Collecta naming their figure Geosternbergia, unlike Mattel. So the latter company's figure counts.

Halichoeres

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar OK here's a list of the ones I have photographed so far. I'll add others as I get to them. I also included a few from other brands (Dino Hazard, GeoWorld, Rheic, and Schmalkalder) that, to the best of my knowledge, do not have figures from other companies. And finally, the Life miniatures make a couple of things on the list unique no longer: the Diramix Pituriaspis and the Kaiyodo Pleurocystites.

All of these are unique as far as I know. Each is linked to the post where I included its photograph.
Ainiktozoon (Life)
Ammonicrinus (Life)
Amplectobelua (Life)
Ampyx (Life)
Ancyrocrinus (Life)
Anetoceras (Life)
Archaeocyathus (Schmalkalder)
Arctinurus (Life)
Balacrinus (Life)
Campropachycope (Life)
Carcinosoma (Life)
Ceratites (Schmalkalder)
Cidaris (Geoworld)
Clymenia (Life)
Collinsium (Life)
Cothurnocystis (Life)
Crotalocephalus (Life)
Ctenacanthus (Rheic)
Cupressocrinites (Life)
Diania (Life)
Dolichophonus (Life)
Encrinurus (Life)
Encrinus (Schmalkalder)
Enoploura (Life)
Equinoxiodus (Dino Hazard)
Erbenoceras (Life)
Helianthaster (Life)
Hoplolichas (Life)
Hughmilleria (Life)
Illaenus (Schmalkalder)
Isorophus (Life)
Isotelus (Life)
Kalbarria (Life)
Kerygmachela (Life)
Martinssonia (Life)
Metaspriggina (Life)
Miguashaia (Life)
Offacolus (Life)
Onychodictyon (Life)
Osteolepis (Life)
Palaeoniscum (Schmalkalder)
Palaeophonus (Life)
Paradoxides (Schmalkalder)
Paucipodia (Life)
Perisphinctes (Geoworld)
Proscorpius (Life)
Remopleurides (Life)
Rhenocystis (Life)
Sarotrocercus (Life)
Scyphocrinites (Life)
Skeemella (Life)
Slimonia (Life)
Sphaeorocoryphe (Life)
Soliclymenia (Life)
Symphysops (Life)
Tamisiocaris (Life)
Telephinidae (Life)
Ventastega (Life)
Vetulicola (Life)
Yunnanozoon (Life)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 10, 2022, 11:23:06 PMavatar_Roselaar @Roselaar OK here's a list of the ones I have photographed so far. I'll add others as I get to them. I also included a few from other brands (Dino Hazard, GeoWorld, Rheic, and Schmalkalder) that, to the best of my knowledge, do not have figures from other companies. And finally, the Life miniatures make a couple of things on the list unique no longer: the Diramix Pituriaspis and the Kaiyodo Pleurocystites.

All of these are unique as far as I know. Each is linked to the post where I included its photograph.

Oof, that's gonna be a bit more work than I anticipated... Thx for the thorough list and pictures though, that's half the work done already! :)

I'll add these and my own names to the USL one of these days.

Faelrin

Ceratogaulus/Horned gopher, and Goticaris are no longer unique. See here for more info:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8731.msg329829#msg329829

Not sure if the Carolina Parakeet is unique or not, however. I know that Odobenocetops is also not unique, as there is another figure made by Diramix that I've seen in avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thread, but not sure what else was there prior since I didn't see it on this list, assuming it had been on it prior.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

I have duly removed Goticaris from the list. Definitely wouldn't have bet on it as the first to go!

Faelrin

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 14, 2022, 03:37:40 PMI have duly removed Goticaris from the list. Definitely wouldn't have bet on it as the first to go!
Yeah I was actually really shocked and pleasantly surprised to see a plastic figure of it has been made. I wonder if you'll be trying to hunt for that one at all (even though I'm sure you have the one by O @Oammararak in your collection)?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Quote from: Faelrin on October 13, 2022, 07:07:39 PMCeratogaulus/Horned gopher, and Goticaris are no longer unique. See here for more info:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8731.msg329829#msg329829

Not sure if the Carolina Parakeet is unique or not, however. I know that Odobenocetops is also not unique, as there is another figure made by Diramix that I've seen in avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres thread, but not sure what else was there prior since I didn't see it on this list, assuming it had been on it prior.

Thanks for the heads-up! I removed Ceratogaulus from the list and won't upload Goticaris when I'll add the new figures.

Roselaar

Have started adding the new species to the USL. I'm doing a bunch at a time, as it's a rather time consuming undertaking.

Halichoeres

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar as I add photos of more of the Life miniatures, would you prefer I edit the previous list or just add them in a new post? It seems to me the latter would make it easier to keep track, but let me know what works for you.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2022, 05:47:35 PMavatar_Roselaar @Roselaar as I add photos of more of the Life miniatures, would you prefer I edit the previous list or just add them in a new post? It seems to me the latter would make it easier to keep track, but let me know what works for you.

Yeah, better just to make a new post for new additions. Thanks in advance!  :)

How many more do you think will follow?

Roselaar

Updated the list again. Poor Geosternbergia was out before I could even add it...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on October 18, 2022, 07:36:53 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 18, 2022, 05:47:35 PMavatar_Roselaar @Roselaar as I add photos of more of the Life miniatures, would you prefer I edit the previous list or just add them in a new post? It seems to me the latter would make it easier to keep track, but let me know what works for you.

Ok, will do!

I'm expecting another 100 or so. I know that's a lot, and that you like to host photos yourself. But you're welcome to link to my photos if you want to save some effort. They're stably hosted and not going anywhere.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2022, 10:25:12 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on October 18, 2022, 07:36:53 PM

Ok, will do!

I'm expecting another 100 or so. I know that's a lot, and that you like to host photos yourself. But you're welcome to link to my photos if you want to save some effort. They're stably hosted and not going anywhere.

Nah, that's alright. Bring it! ;)

Roselaar

List is fully updated again.

Though I reckon I can add Collecta's Ceratosuchops soon? ;)

Halichoeres

Got another batch for you, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar!

Acadagnostus (Life)
Bristolia (Life)
Brochoadmones (Life)
Bumastus (Life)
Cheiracanthus (Life)
Diplacanthus (Life)
Elrathia (Life)
Kingaspis (Life)
Loganellia (Life)
Metopolichas (Life)
Asaphus (but sold as Neoasaphus, Life)
Onnia (Life)
Parexus (Life)
Peachella (Life)
Phlebolepis (Life)
Thelodus (Life)

There has been a Thelodus plush before, but earlier in the thread you had decided against counting those.

And the Life Paradoxides means the Schmalkalder one is no longer unique, sorry, I included it by mistake!

Roselaar

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: