News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Most Pleasing Figure

Started by Lynx, November 02, 2022, 03:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Strongly agree with the Toyway Ophthalmosaurus and the Battat and Eofauna Diplodocus.
For some figures I actually own I feel the Safari Deinonychus, Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta take the cake (with PNSOs Lambeosaurus close behind)
The Deinonychus is just a perfect dromaeosaur figure to me, captures that birdlike essence super well and has proper amounts of volume to the feathering.
Nasutoceratops and Sauropelta both have really nice, natural poses and incredible sculpts, there's a lot of neat variation and detail in those models. Plus I always liked the yellow stripes on the Nasutoceratops.
I do like Papos Gorgosaurus a lot too (even if I prefer feathered tyrannosaurs) for the sheer amount of detail in such a small model but the pose is a bit awkward).

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor Can totally get behind those Safari Choices. I wish I picked up that Nasutoceratops  earlier. Now it seems very hard to find...

ceratopsian

The Safari Sauropelta and Nasutoceratops rate very high for me too. As does the Battat Diplodocus.

Thialfi

I get warm feelings looking at my CollectA Lisowicia. It's just so perfectly rotund, the colours so beautifully natural and it radiates a calm demeanor - I don't know, it brings up a very comfortable feeling in me.

DinoToyForum

The monochrome Invicta Brachiosaurus. It's soooo pleasing.

Remko

Second the Invicta Brachiosaurus.
Although most of Invicta's dinosaurs are fantastic. And their Liopleurodon is still the very best depiction of that species. Especially regarding it's age.

For me personally, PNSO's large Triceratops figure is one of my favorites.
Just looks so life like with all the sand/dust caked to it. And it's also a nice size, without getting to big.
It shares first place with PNSO's first Doyle. Love that figure in mid stride. Such an active and dynamic look.
They are pretty easy to get now, but I had to do my best and get lucky to find the figure a few years ago. Which also adds to it's personal value for my collection.

And as far as I know, there hasn't been any ceratopsian figure in such an active pose like that since.

My Andrewsarchus statue is a close runner up.

As for more mainstream figures, I'll have to say CollectA's deluxe Uintatherium is beautiful, easily the best of their larger prehistoric mammal line, and the small Einiosaurus is great too. Although I'm a bit biased for that species, as it is my favorite Ceratopsian.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Remko on November 05, 2022, 09:29:45 PMAs for more mainstream figures, I'll have to say CollectA's deluxe Uintatherium is beautiful, easily the best of their larger prehistoric mammal line, and the small Einiosaurus is great too.

I love CollectA's Uintatherium. It's frustrating that so many prehistoric mammals that are somewhat rhino-shaped (like uintatheres and brontotheres) just get treated like funny-looking rhinos--no fur, wrinkled skin, gray paint job. CollectA has bucked that trend, and I appreciate how much thought they put into their prehistoric mammals. I know not everyone was a fan of the fur on their Paraceratherium this year, but I was delighted to see someone try to do something different with it.
Check out my customs thread!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.