News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 07, 2022, 08:08:15 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on November 07, 2022, 01:26:58 PMIt's a great sculpt (and with lips thankfully) but I'm not a fan of that JP roaring pose. If its mouth is to be permanently opened like that, I'll not bother. One of the appeals to Kiss for me was the closed jaw (although unfortunately has issues with the articulation mechanism, but the rubber band helps I guess), and the neutral pose, and of course having lips, which only the BotM also had at the time.
I guess Jurassic Park was the first movie to have dinosaurs roaring in it

What is inherently JP about this pose its completely neutral

I agree, there is nothing here that screams JP, nothing.  And theropod toys from the very beginning featured these type of open jaw poses.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: jc_4130 on November 07, 2022, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on November 07, 2022, 03:56:11 PMAlso its me or this model wont have moveable jaw like their giga?

Someone asked on their FB post, and Eofauna replied that the plan is to have a moveable jaw.  However, it was worded in such a way that it seemed like it was not a sure thing yet.  Personally I hate articulating jaws, and the the jaw and throat of this model look especially difficult to pull off.  But we will see!

Nooooo!  Please no articulating jaw, please Eofauna don't do it.

CARN0TAURUS

I love the way that they sculpted the area between her arms, looks more 'bird like' with the outline dropping down before curving back.  Looks natural and makes sense that she was built like this.   An animal that size would be built that way to allow room for all of it's internal organs. 

Over9K

Seems like jaw articulation is the biggest bone of contention with this one.

I agree that if they attempt to hinge the bottom jaw, as most companies try to do with their theropods, the hinge seam/gap will be unsightly, given the way they've sculpted the cheeks here.

However, if they instead hinge the upper skull, similar to how the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toybox T.rex is done, I think the visual impact of the seam could perhaps be minimized somewhat.

suspsy

Shouldn't the T. rex be discussed in the Eofauna General Discussion thread instead of this one? It's obviously not going to be a 2022 toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Halichoeres

Or maybe just start an EoFauna 2023 thread. It's late enough in the year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SpartanSquat

Quote from: jc_4130 on November 07, 2022, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on November 07, 2022, 03:56:11 PMAlso its me or this model wont have moveable jaw like their giga?

Someone asked on their FB post, and Eofauna replied that the plan is to have a moveable jaw.  However, it was worded in such a way that it seemed like it was not a sure thing yet.  Personally I hate articulating jaws, and the the jaw and throat of this model look especially difficult to pull off.  But we will see!
Thanks for the info! Also in discord, someone said this tyrannosaurus will have a base. Maybe due the stabilty issue that giga had?

edu

Quote from: Over9K on November 08, 2022, 12:54:41 AMSeems like jaw articulation is the biggest bone of contention with this one.

I agree that if they attempt to hinge the bottom jaw, as most companies try to do with their theropods, the hinge seam/gap will be unsightly, given the way they've sculpted the cheeks here.

However, if they instead hinge the upper skull, similar to how the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toybox T.rex is done, I think the visual impact of the seam could perhaps be minimized somewhat.

This would be a great idea. It would make the figure look in a more neutral or relaxed pose when the mouth is closed. If what is hinged is the lower jaw, when closed the pose would look... awkward, with the head raised.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.