News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2023

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2022, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

BOTH THESE RELEASES LOOK SO GOOD
I was expecting to not really care for this bunch, but my word do they look good.
The Mosasaurus, however, has something that looks really off about it and I have no idea why
Maybe it is the teeth, but I will still get the model!
An oversized house cat.

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 18, 2022, 12:13:33 PMI was only going to get the rough collie from round 3, but excitement on the DTF makes me wonder if I should get the Mosasaurus (you guys are all way more knowledgeable about how they should look than I!!!!)

Get it!!!

Gwangi

The Shastasaurus reminds me of Dougal Dixon's whale penguins.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Flaffy on November 18, 2022, 11:32:22 AMEverythingDinosaur's response regarding specific species ID:

" We are not aware of any species of Mosasaurus being defined by CollectA.  As for the Shastasaurus figure the Orca inspired colouration infers that this represents an ichthyosaur of similar size so perhaps the type species Shastasaurus pacificus.

However, the presence of barnacles on the model which suggests a much larger animal comparable to some of the larger cetaceans around today, so possibly S. sikanniensis although CollectA have not provided additional information to give you a definitive answer."
I don't know if the coloration alone should be the determining factor. Bowhead whales have some prominent markings and they're absolutely gargantuan

Remko

Quote from: Gwangi on November 18, 2022, 03:05:45 PMThe Shastasaurus reminds me of Dougal Dixon's whale penguins.

Where's that left image from?
I know the original painting and I have the book.

Gwangi

suspsy

I think it's safe to assume that it's Mosasaurus hoffmannii, which is the highest and most famous species, after all. I'm sitting here with the 2015 Pliosaurus on my lap and the Mosasaurus will measure about eight centimetres longer.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the Shastasaurus had more of a penguin-y vibe than an orca vibe, lol.  ;D

I'm absolutely picking up both of these, though!

TheCambrianCrusader

Yeah I'd say it's almost certainly M. hoffmannii . Looks like it's got a forked tongue which is awesome. Really hoping they give it a transverse slit for a cloaca like with the safari Tylosaurus . The old collecta mosa got that wrong

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: suspsy on November 18, 2022, 07:20:10 PMI think it's safe to assume that it's Mosasaurus hoffmannii, which is the highest and most famous species, after all. I'm sitting here with the 2015 Pliosaurus on my lap and the Mosasaurus will measure about eight centimetres longer.
Oh wow this thing's gonna be a proper monster

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: JimoAi on November 18, 2022, 02:14:31 AMThe shashtasaurus is nice but would be better to be larger unless it represents S.pacificus

That's what I was thinking too. I've been hoping for one of the mega-ichthyosaur species for a while, but I don't really have any of the larger mid-sized ichthyosaurs, either (except for a cheap figure I'm pretending is Temnodontosaurus), so I don't mind. Plus, as a former Californian myself, it's nice that it probably represents a species that's specifically from my home state! Given the taxonomic confusion surrounding Shastasaurus as a genus at this point in time, it's probably safest to assume that it does indeed represent the type species S. pacificus, since that would be the conservative thing to do.

suspsy

So given that there's really no reason not to assume that we are indeed going to see Stegouros and Koolasuchus in less than a week, do you think they will be Deluxe or Standard size? I'm leaning toward the former myself.

DragonRider02

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2022, 04:39:25 AMSo given that there's really no reason not to assume that we are indeed going to see Stegouros and Koolasuchus in less than a week, do you think they will be Deluxe or Standard size? I'm leaning toward the former myself.
Stegouros is supposed to be in 1:6 Scale according to the leak, so it has to be a Deluxe. Depending On which scale estimate CollectA will use, the figure should be around 30-34cm long. Not that much smaller than that massive Mosasaurus we just got!
I guess Stegouros replaced this year's obligatory Supreme/Deluxe sized pterosaur.

Dinoxels

Where did the Stegouros and Koolasuchus leaks originate from? I remember seeing the leak for the initial models, but nothing about these latter 2.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

MLMjp

The new Mosasaurus is great, and has the perfect size (40cm wow!). It will be hard to say goodbye to the old one, but this upgrade seem worth it. Although I´m gonna miss the whale shark color scheme. If this new Mosasaurus had that color scheme it would be perfect.

Renecito

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 19, 2022, 10:53:05 AMWhere did the Stegouros and Koolasuchus leaks originate from? I remember seeing the leak for the initial models, but nothing about these latter 2.

Check page 3 in this thread.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SenSx

That Mosasaurus is great, I think I like its head more than the PNSO one.

Finally a Shastasaurus, but I hope Collecta will eventually make a bigger Deluxe version later.

suspsy

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 19, 2022, 05:50:35 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2022, 04:39:25 AMSo given that there's really no reason not to assume that we are indeed going to see Stegouros and Koolasuchus in less than a week, do you think they will be Deluxe or Standard size? I'm leaning toward the former myself.
Stegouros is supposed to be in 1:6 Scale according to the leak, so it has to be a Deluxe. Depending On which scale estimate CollectA will use, the figure should be around 30-34cm long. Not that much smaller than that massive Mosasaurus we just got!
I guess Stegouros replaced this year's obligatory Supreme/Deluxe sized pterosaur.

The Stegouros will probably be around the same size as the Deluxe Protoceratops then. It'll be funny to have it dwarfing all the ankylosaurids and nodosaurids on my shelf!

I wonder if the Koolasuchus will also have an articulated jaw.

Faelrin

If it is that big that would be a bummer for me. Guess there's still the smaller Dinozoo one if still being produced.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a great Lineup for this year. Just went back so Page 1. I am happy about the outcome i have to say.

I think i would be interested in buying the Brightoneus, Ceratosuchops, Hadrosaurus, Mosasaurus, Ruyangosaurus(love it) and Shastasaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: