News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Those boxes are amazing. I appreciate that you can see/touch most of the figures without taking them out (that probably is important for most collectors).

bmathison1972

got these today; the 'standard' for each species in the set. I like the Anomalocaris much more in-hand than I thought from promotional pics

Faelrin

B @bmathison1972 Did you get those through avatar_brettnj @brettnj or elsewhere? Can't wait to get my hands on those. How is the articulation btw?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

Quote from: Faelrin on December 15, 2022, 12:57:30 AMB @bmathison1972 Did you get those through avatar_brettnj @brettnj or elsewhere? Can't wait to get my hands on those. How is the articulation btw?

I got them through a Canadian seller. The articulations are tight; doesn't move on its own or anything. And the frontal appendages of the Anomalocaris can be displayed downwards (which I prefer; promo pics showed them more laterally-oriented). This is now technically one of the two most accurate Anomalocaris, with the Takara version (I think you'll like this one more)

Thialfi

Those look good B @bmathison1972, grats! Which company made them?

bmathison1972

Carnoking

REBOR's Triceratops "King Trident" (The Horn of Doom Variant) is finally here. This may very well be the longest I've ever waited for a single figure but it was worth it. Sometimes all a figure has to be is cool, and this thing is cool to the max.

Never thought I'd see this diorama complete. What a day, what a day.

SidB

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , I don't know if you'll see this post, but do you know what actual scale this figure is?

Carnoking

S @SidB
Yeah, there's no way this beast is 1/35 scale  :P

You'll have to forgive me if anything I say is a bit off but my rather clumsy method of measuring figures along the curvature of the spine puts Trident at around 11.5 to 12 inches long from snout to tail (excluding the length of the brow horns). That'd put it around 1:26 to 1:30 scale based on my calculations and depending on what length estimate you adhere to.

Again, pinch of salt with that, I could be off on my measurements or calculations.

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on December 16, 2022, 01:14:31 AMS @SidB
Yeah, there's no way this beast is 1/35 scale  :P

You'll have to forgive me if anything I say is a bit off but my rather clumsy method of measuring figures along the curvature of the spine puts Trident at around 11.5 to 12 inches long from snout to tail (excluding the length of the brow horns). That'd put it around 1:26 to 1:30 scale based on my calculations and depending on what length estimate you adhere to.

Again, pinch of salt with that, I could be off on my measurements or calculations.
That's great, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , confirms my sense of the scale. Obviously a good bit larger than the Safari figure, likely more in line with the new CollectA, it seems.

Libraraptor

I could not resist. Limited edition small Schleich Allosaurus. Just for fun.

Lynx

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 16, 2022, 06:48:41 PM

I could not resist. Limited edition small Schleich Allosaurus. Just for fun.

Where did you pick this figure up? Trying to get a bunch of these Schleich limited dinosaurs but none of the stores nearby carry em.
An oversized house cat.

Libraraptor

It came as a goodie with the Schleich childrens' magazine.

Carnoking

Three noteworthy additions on my end. Nanmu's Mordred impressed me from a technical standpoint but the lack of focus on a coherent design kept me from picking one up. That is until I saw one pop up for a cheap price on the second hand market. Still quite the ugly beast, but nice to have as a novelty.

PNSO's Therizinosaurus also arrived after some shipping delays, but it was well worth the wait!

And finally finished my Dominion hunt after happening upon this elusive Einiosaurus!

TooOldForDinosaurs

PrimevalRaptor

Did not expect my last dinosaur model of 2022 to be a 2023 release...from Schleich nonetheless
There are some of the usual shortcomings (not sure if the feet+arms aren't too large, blunt teeth (but its a toy after all)) but this Tarbosaurus is really nice, I love the coloration and texture, especially on the skull
Many of their models are kinda held back by scientific errors, not very pretty sculpts or lackluster paintjobs (I love last years Styracosaurus but the paint is not very flattering) but this is one of their better ones for sure.

SidB

Agreed, avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor , the paint job is striking. It appeared so in the promo pictures too, but this seems much more emphatic. I do think that these teeth are candidates for sharpening with exacto-knife and file, then repainting.

EmperorDinobot

Very nice acquisitions everybody. Well done.

SidB

Just got this old 2010 Jobaria (CollectA) from Dean at dejankins, a sculpt dating from the tail end of the dark ages of Procon and the beginning of CollectA's emergence as a serious company. As such, it has some very good points and a few less so (the digits on the front and back feet). In any case, I plan to correct that shortcoming this year. Dean's price was very reasonable.

Took this picture at dawn this morning - that part of my main display area never gets a whole lot of light anyways. PNSO Lingwulong is in the background. I was happy to get a good-sized sauropod, standing up on its hind legs. The Safari Apatosaurus is way too small and the Battat Diplo far beyond my reach - I refuse to pay 700-750 USD for any figure, no matter how ionic. The Jobaria, especially when its feet get modified, will do quite nicely.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: