News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

1:30 does seem to be the new 1:40. Although Kiss seems like it might even be a bit larger than 1:30, it's huge! I might have even bought it myself if it had been 20% smaller.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

I have to give credit where it's due, Kiss is pretty impressive. For the price, I'm surprised how large it is.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A quick run through of the figures and displays for the rest of 2022 in the year.

Starting with the batch of when Everything Dinosaur getting Safari Ltd's only 2022 release - the Patogatitan (all the others such as the Zuul and Albertosaurus will be 2023 releases here)

Main board from that point on, will change that soon when I swap the Tyrannosaurus for the next one at bottom of page

And then the last PNSO's of 2022 (again the Therizinosaurus and Suchomimus are 2023 releases here)

And then the Safari Hypacrosaurus mother gets her chick, thanks to an eBay find

And the first Beasts of the Mesozoic, the little guys.

Linheraptor startled by Pinacosaurus

Dromaeosaurus is chased off by superior herbivore might

And Hell Creek in 1:25 to 1:30 scale:

And the successor of the Rebor Tyrannosaurus, the Kickstarter Exclusive Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurus rex 1:135 scale.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

A great batch! Nice to see our fellows starting to get their BotM tyrants.  :)

Fenestra

Just imagine your name is Noah and you've just built an ark.
You are standing on the bow and this is what you see approaching:

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 01, 2023, 02:37:24 AM
;D

Halichoeres

You've been busy! Some really fantastic pickups. I don't know if they're new to you, but the Cenozoic shelf definitely is improved by those Eikohs. And I'd completely forgotten the WWD rex was out this year!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you, the Eikohs are relatively new, and there are now some even more Cenozoic animals with the arrival of the Kaiyodo figures from Japan after a 3 month wait.

I'm only keeping one of the Tyrannosaurus for now (and only that one because of the feathers and scales together which look nicer than the CollectA, hopefully can replace that when Eofauna comes along. I'd drop the Triceratops then too. The Ornithomimus is the star of the Cretaceous bunch, followed by the turtle raptor (Dakotaraptor). The Thylacosmilus is the star of the Cenozoic however, and also adds plenty to the shelf its on. Also really chuffed to have a Steller's sea cow which is one of my favourite extinct animals though would like a bigger one at some point.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

3 months is a long wait! Holiday shipping snags, I guess? Mine got delivered to the wrong address, never to be seen again.

Anyway, that Thylacosmilus is a really nice little figure. Kaiyodo is one of those companies that occasionally tempts me to collect the Cenozoic.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I actually got these a few weeks ago, but kept forgetting to share here. Got the new 2023 Safari Ltd Albertosaurus and Zuul alond with Safari Ltd Bigfoot and a Papo Plesiosaurus who is cosplaying Nessie

Halichoeres

So for figures that Everything Dinosaur never carries, how do you determine release year?  ;) Nice grabs in any event. The Papo figure is a terrible Plesiosaurus but a not half-bad Nessie.

Kei

Nice haul indeed  ;) That Zuul caught my eye instantly, I've heard alot of good thing about it as well !

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 12, 2023, 01:56:02 PMSo for figures that Everything Dinosaur never carries, how do you determine release year? ;) Nice grabs in any event. The Papo figure is a terrible Plesiosaurus but a not half-bad Nessie.
They would be both released and not released, like a prehistoric Schrodinger's cat.

I got 4 Theropods this week, 3 I bought from Everything Dinosaur on Monday, and one that just arrived sent via ED from the Kickstarter. And 3 of the them feathered theropods too.

The PNSO Therizinosaurus - a work of art, absolutely gorgeous figure of one of my favourite dinosaurs, loved it since I saw the Nigel Marvin Giant Claw doc. Those claws look impressive, will check when I open the boxes tomorrow.
The PNSO Suchomimus - another stunner, I like this dinosaur, though it is a poor man's Baryonyx to me. I like the (probably unintentional) pride colours on its crest too. It will be my pride dinosaur for now. It puts the Safari Nigersaurus to shame too.
The Schleich Gallimimus - nowhere near as nice as the others, but is the nicest feathered representation of this strangely neglected animal, and I am therefore pleased, for now, to have this.
The Beasts of the Mesozoic Guanlong - I love this too, the blue colour looks great, it looks so fluffy and wonderful. Nice to have a good figure of this animal that doesn't have a shrinkwrapped face for once (looking at Favorite Co and Safari Ltd ones here).

Halichoeres

I see we've had some similar additions! I didn't go for that Guanlong, as I was happy enough with the Favorite. But it looks great from what I've seen. I did pledge for some of the other smaller tyrannosauroids.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I have gotten so many acquisitions since last posting that I have decided to split it, might post the rest later today, or might leave it till next week as I should have something else arrive by then.

So this is acquisitions from late February to April 2023. May will start with Kaiyodos is all the tease I will give. It also has a sauropod I like more than the one I overpaid for in here.

First, here are the PNSO Suchomimus, Therizinosaurus, and Beasts of the Mesozoic Guanlong opened. Also the Scheich Gallimimus.

Got these 2 from a member of the forum, but have ended up saying goodbye to the Safari Ltd Missing Links Smilodon as had too many. The Bullyland Protochirotherium continues to brighten up land based half of my Triassic display however

Speaking of Smilodon, finally got a holy grail of mine: the Safari Ltd Smilodon cub:

Was chuffed to have that, and here it is below with the rest of the Doug Watson mammal collection (though several of the more common figures are about to be sold off now):

I tripped and accidentally bought one of these as a UK seller had one. I spent way too much on it, and will probably be selling it later this year to get my money back, but it is nice for now to have one of the rarest of all figures. The legendary Battat Diplodocus.

There's a small possibility some other Battat's may go too, but they do have the advantage of not taking up much space.

These two lots (the CollectA's from Everything Dinosaur, and the Haolonggood's from aliexpress) ended up arriving on the same day, so here they are grouped together:

My second favourite of this year's sauropods, and my second favourite Spinosaurid. Lovely the two British dinosaurs. 3 older CollectA's here too as you can see. The Haolonggood Carcharodontosaurus finally replaced my PNSO.

A little snapshot of Early Cretaceous England dinosaur-centric fauna. Very CollectA heavy unsurprisingly. Really could do with a nicer Polacanthus.

Got this little cutie which is probably Haolonggod's furthest attempt at the desired scale but no one else has touched this genus before, so he is.

The last of April was these two Carcharadontosaurs from Everything Dinosaur, decided to pass on Giganotosaurus, though have since changed my mind and decided I will replace the Eofauna, but it remains out of stock for now.

Stegotyranno420

So many excellent acquisitions, I dont know where to start. Especially the Diplodocus and Mapusaurus, the latter i also just got. 👍🏻

Halichoeres

Wow, you've been busy! I also got that giant Dinosaur World book, it's got to be one of the heaviest I own. Great for when you want to admire some nice illustrations without thinking too hard.

And the Battat Dippy! I've owned two in the past but sold off both. I think it's the best of LoRusso's sculpts from the original line.

Is the Toyway Polacanthus too far out of scale for you? That's the one I have, but it is pretty large. It seems like the sort of thing CollectA might revisit, with their focus on British dinosaurs. I wonder if they will have less focus on British dinosaurs now, though, without Anthony Beeson advising.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.