News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Yeah, it's great to see the Australovenator back, never thought it would happen. They said they're bringing it back by "popular demand", so it definitely means there are people interested. I hope it sells a lot so they will consider releasing more figures of Australian critters, this line has a lot of potential. Also very interesting to see a figure of a megaraptorid, I know they're fragmentary but I have a soft spot for them.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you,

I too hope that they make more figures. Several of the pterosaurs and sauropods, and Ankylosaurs. And marine reptiles and Ornithopods.

Speaking of Megaraptorids though:

From Wild Past shop a huge thank you Wild Past (Stefan), DinoZoo and everyone else who sculpts these, but a lovely delivery today to paint up later.
DinoZoo Orkoraptor
DinoZoo 1:20 scale Stegouros (I already have the smaller scale and will be painting these to match)
Wild Past Tuojiangosaurus
Wild Past Raptor Dance x2 (one pair will be Acheroraptor, the other pair Velociraptor)
Wild Past 1:20 scale Repenomamus (again I have the 1:35 already and will be matching colours)
Plateosaurus sculpted by Fabrizio Brugnola
Iguanodon sculpted by René Dissieux.
Juvenile Tyrannosaurus by paleopart

I think I will be selling my PNSO Tuojiangosaurus now, maybe even my Carnegie Plateosaurus too. That will depend. And Safari Iguanodon.

I might end of painting these when I am off for a week after a holiday

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

That's a very nice batch of prints. Looking forward to seeing how you decorate them!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

That is a fantastic group of 3D prints.
How is the resolution on the figures?
Are you able to see the print layers if you look closely?

Blackdanter

Great collection Gothmog. You've managed to find quite a few tough to find figures as well which isn't that easy from within the UK.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you all

Quote from: KeU on June 10, 2022, 02:38:55 AMThat is a fantastic group of 3D prints.
How is the resolution on the figures?
Are you able to see the print layers if you look closely?
For some of them yes. I will hopefully cover that up if all goes according to plan.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Happy you got the Australovenator. I'd love to see AAOD start making more of these; I'm desperate for a Muttaburrasaurus. Is Banjo still packed in a box or loose in a bag? I can't tell.

Baryonyx

Really cool to see these prints, congrats. How is painting going? Would you be able to share some more pictures of them, in particular the Iguanodon?   :D

Concavenator

avatar_Loon @Loon It's now sold in a simple bag, they ditched the box:

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Baryonyx on July 06, 2022, 04:34:25 PMReally cool to see these prints, congrats. How is painting going? Would you be able to share some more pictures of them, in particular the Iguanodon?   :D
Alas I have not had chance to yet. I would have started them this week but Lord of the Rings painting takes priority as I will use them to game with at some point.

Sorry for long time no speak, I didn't feel up to posting. I had stuff, which is as much as I'm going to say here.

I have bought many things since I last posted, so I will put them all in this post.

First, I bought an old Starlux Monoclonius so I can sell the Dino Riders inspired Beasts of the Mesozoic as the money would be nice to have.

Next up a batch of PNSO figures from Everything Dinosaur, the Acrocanthosaurus, Sinraptor and Torosaurus, along with a repurchase of a Safari Microraptor to replace the PNSO.

Next up when Everything Dinosaur finally managed to get the majority of the 2022 CollectA figures in. I got the Edmontosaurus, Spinosaurus, Smok, Cooperoceras and Geosternbergia, and also decided I would try to collect to 4 CollectA corpses, so I bought the 2 they had in stock at the time.

I got these extant dinosaurs from a friend of my mother, who knew I collected animal figures. I am pleased to see it had a bearded vulture in it as I was really hoping for one of them for my Pleistocene Eurasia shelf

And my most recent order once the gigantic PNSO Lingwulong arrived at my beloved Everything Dinosaur, so I picked that up along with some more CollectA, the Otodus megalodon as I decided to get that at last, another dinosaur corpse, and the Sciurumimus to replace the one that has accidentally been thrown away.

You've probably seen a load by now anyway, but I have included a couple of comparison shots with other figures.

Here are my two biggest sauropod figures together (Giraffatitan and Lingwulong):

And a comparison of the Lingwulong next to my other Middle Jurassic sauropods, Atlasaurus and Jobara.

Sim

Pliosaurking

Stegotyranno420

Congrats on the Acrocanthosaurus, one of my favorites.
Your sauropods look harmonious as well

ceratopsian

The Starlux Monoclonius is a charmer. Glad to see you back.

Shonisaurus

Nice collection! what beautiful pictures. Thanks for the comparison photos, the lingwulong is huge and well modeled and the torosaurus is great. PNSO spoiled us with figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, unpublished in the toy dinosaur market, which is appreciated by PNSO. Honestly, the lingwulong is extremely appetizing. Thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

Good to see you back! You've been busy. I'm looking forward to the Lingwulong, none of the US shops have it available yet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Faelrin

Congrats on that haul of stuff. Lots of interesting variety there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Congrats on the recent haul. I've been a bit out of the loop, so I'm surprised to see how big that Lingwulong is. I'm a bit maxed out on space ATM, but if I had the room, I'd pick one up.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone, it has been a good year on that front at least, and the Monoclonius is an interesting find. I do hope to find some old Permian and Triassic animals at some point.
And looking forward to the new Safari Ltd, which I think ED are waiting for all the 2021 Safar to be available before getting any in so most likely to be 2023 at this rate. Looking forward also to the newly announced PNSO Deinocheirus, and to the Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurs finally making an appearance.

I never though I would be a figure of a popular well known animal from Rebor for well, obvious reasons, but alas, from the lovely avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur  a thing of surprising beauty from Rebor arrived. Along with the 4th and final CollectA dinosaur corpse to collect.

Oh, and I couldn't resist doing a little scene especially since the baby Tyrannosaurus from CollectA that I had painted to match Wilson, who I have sold long since, by pure "coincidence" matches Kiss as well, so here is Hank begrudgingly letting his offspring have some of the subadult Triceratops he has killed.

I have since swapped the Ankylosaurus again, as I am wont to do, but here is where I put Kiss on my main boardL

Thanks to the scale creep, I'm starting whether to embrace it a little more and put my PNSO Styracosaurus, GR Toys Quetzalcoatlus, Safari Sauropelta, PNSO Pachycephalosaurus, Safari Anzu, and a couple more onto my main board, and move a few of the smaller scale non sauropods elsewhere.
It may take a bit of rearranging though as my favourite graphic novel collection is currently sitting where I would put 1:45-1:75 scale animals, and they won't be going anywhere.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: