You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Deinosuchus hatcheri 'Meta' w/ Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis prey

Started by GojiraGuy1954, February 18, 2022, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Yeah it is a massive improvement. Same with the Sarcosuchus resculpt.

Well I think that seals it for me. However not gonna pre-order this one atm. Even if it is unlikely for BBTS to get it that soon, I'd rather pick it up next year. Have others to focus on catching up with first.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy you convinced me to preorder the estuary version instead, lol. I appreciate the summary and comparison pictures using paleo artwork.

andrewsaurus rex

well, having never been a big fan of Rebor, i am a very big fan of these two releases.  Well done Rebor!

oh, and a quick note on scale.   Deinosuchus estimates have varied greatly over the years but at the moment it is considered to have had an average length of 26 feet and a maximum known length of 39 feet, depending on species.   If they were anything like modern alligators and crocodiles, their adult size would have varied considerably, so i would say that this model can safely be considered to be in the range of 1/18 scale to 1/30 scale.

Pliosaurking

Halichoeres

The Swamp version's coloration reminds me of the Carnegie Deinosuchus. I have minor nitpicks, but I have to admit these look quite good. Much better than the original mock-ups, as avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy points out. When I saw those I pretty much immediately wrote them off.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 02, 2022, 11:44:06 PMThe Swamp version's coloration reminds me of the Carnegie Deinosuchus. I have minor nitpicks, but I have to admit these look quite good. Much better than the original mock-ups, as avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy points out. When I saw those I pretty much immediately wrote them off.

Same here, I do recall Rebor being somewhat adamant that the original sculpts were faithful to the animal's anatomy (they were not ::) )
I do appreciate them taking the time to completely redo both the anatomy and the integument of these two.

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on November 02, 2022, 04:22:57 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy you convinced me to preorder the estuary version instead, lol. I appreciate the summary and comparison pictures using paleo artwork.

My pleasure. Glad to be of help ;)
Hoping at least one of Sarcosuchus's colour schemes will be a lighter beige / olive to complement Estuary's darker tones. Something like the Orinoco crocodile would be an absolute dream.

Bread

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I also hope the same for the Sarcosuchus. An American Crocodile colorscheme should be the alternative choice, too.

Pliosaurking

SidB

Formidable! Looks like the successor to my old, venerable Carnegie Safari Deinosuchus.

SenSx

Yes it is alwready available in asia, for a crazy price on Aliexpress (double than Europe and US), I wonder why Rebor products are so expansive there...
I'm happy it is finally happening after all these years of wainting.

I hope they make a Purusaurus after the Sarcosuchus, because why not ?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: SenSx on January 02, 2023, 04:33:11 PMYes it is alwready available in asia, for a crazy price on Aliexpress (double than Europe and US), I wonder why Rebor products are so expansive there...
I'm happy it is finally happening after all these years of wainting.

I hope they make a Purusaurus after the Sarcosuchus, because why not ?

Cus people who sell REBOR product on Aliexpress are scalpers! We don't know any of them and they certainly didn't order from us, they don't even have physical stores or warehouses, when someone orders something at their store they just buy a copy from one of our sellers in China and ship it to the customer. Their listing prices are crazy expensive cus it's REBOR SRPs times 2 + shipping, makes you wonder why people buy anything from them at all. The listing prices of our products around the world are roughly the by the way.

There will be a Purussaurus,a Postosuchus and a Barinasuchus. We've decided to name our Purussaurus "L" by the way so the Deinosuchus, Purussaurus and Sarcosuchus trio is going to be "Meta"+"L"+"Lica". METALLICA!!! >:D

Lynx

dear lord REBOR products are getting so tempting. I'm getting the GNG Type D for my Birthday, but all these prehistoric non-dinosaurs? whoooboy is this gonna be an expensive few years.
An oversized house cat.

William Bratton

Oh great ,more crocodilomorphs for you to screw up ! Just like you screwed up Deinosuchus, via removing  its diagnostic " dalek back" oseoderms, oseoderms unlike that of any modern crocodilian, and plopped an idiotic fifth toe claw on . You literally pulled a JWD Giganotosaurus : Removing what makes Deinosuchus Deinosuchus . And you'll undoubtedly bastardize / ruin the others just like you did with Deinosuchus. I'll wait for PNSO, unlike you they actually do the work

Lynx

Quote from: William Bratton on January 02, 2023, 10:51:34 PMOh great ,more crocodilomorphs for you to screw up ! Just like you screwed up Deinosuchus, via removing  its diagnostic " dalek back" oseoderms, oseoderms unlike that of any modern crocodilian, and plopped an idiotic fifth toe claw on . You literally pulled a JWD Giganotosaurus : Removing what makes Deinosuchus Deinosuchus . And you'll undoubtedly bastardize / ruin the others just like you did with Deinosuchus. I'll wait for PNSO, unlike you they actually do the work

Dear lord.
Didn't REBOR say multiple times it was just the angle and the figure does indeed have those oseoderms? The fifth claw sucks but it's not distracting may no means. I wouldn't call the figure "ruined" at all.
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: William Bratton on January 02, 2023, 10:51:34 PMAnd you'll undoubtedly bastardize / ruin the others just like you did with Deinosuchus. I'll wait for PNSO, unlike you they actually do the work
It's just spikes on a figurine. Calm down buddy.

William Bratton

Quote from: Lynx on January 02, 2023, 11:02:37 PM
Quote from: William Bratton on January 02, 2023, 10:51:34 PMOh great ,more crocodilomorphs for you to screw up ! Just like you screwed up Deinosuchus, via removing  its diagnostic " dalek back" oseoderms, oseoderms unlike that of any modern crocodilian, and plopped an idiotic fifth toe claw on . You literally pulled a JWD Giganotosaurus : Removing what makes Deinosuchus Deinosuchus . And you'll undoubtedly bastardize / ruin the others just like you did with Deinosuchus. I'll wait for PNSO, unlike you they actually do the work

Dear lord.
Didn't REBOR say multiple times it was just the angle and the figure does indeed have those oseoderms? The fifth claw sucks but it's not distracting may no means. I wouldn't call the figure "ruined" at all.

Rebor can say all they want,the fact is that the oseoderms are inaccurate and don't represent the unque condition seen in Deinosuchus.  A Deinosuchus without them is utterly idiotic,as is Rebor's decision to stick a fictional fifth claw. It's a lazy sculpt _ through and through, hopefully PNSO will actually do an actual  Deinosuchus . Rebor's is nothing but an inaccurate alligator with a Deinosuchus head tossed on

DinoToyForum

Hi W @William Bratton and welcome to the forum. The first Forum rule is "1. No intentional personal attacks*, rudeness, or personal provocation." Your post clearly violates the "rudeness" part of the rule. As you are new and it is a first offence I'm only banning you for a week. Please consult the other forum rules so you know what kind of behaviour I expect of all members, thank you! C:-)

Ivántirrophus

What is the correct price of Deinosuchus on a legal Internet site?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: