News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

That is a LOT of silhouettes - and a lot of diversity between them! Color me intrigued for sure.

SenSx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 11, 2023, 02:01:45 AMI think of those is a dilophosaurus

Oh I hope it's a Dilophosaurus, and if it is, I hope it's 1/35 and not too big, slighltly smaller than the Safari Cryolophosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

From what i heard from the 2020, Dilophosaurus it is now larger than we thought, about 6-8 meters and more robust than before. Might have to check again

Fembrogon

The estimated length of Dilophosaurus is about the same, maxing out around 6 meters; but yes, the overall build of the animal is thought to be a little more robust now.
A full skeletal illustrating the extent of postcranial changes hasn't been done by anyone yet, though (that I know of), so it's hard to know how much has visibly changed.

Carnoking

The silhouettes are promising but we'll see if the final products match.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 11, 2023, 12:53:49 AMHopefully these can compare to their Carcharodontosaurus, as their last few releases have gone down significantly since then. If they do well I'll be all aboard!

It's the only one I own from them thus far.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Carnoking on January 11, 2023, 04:09:11 PMThe silhouettes are promising but we'll see if the final products match.
The silhouettes are random art. The Velo is the one from the FredTheDinosaurMan Dromaeosaurs scale chart
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Renecito

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 11, 2023, 05:21:43 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 11, 2023, 04:09:11 PMThe silhouettes are promising but we'll see if the final products match.
The silhouettes are random art. The Velo is the one from the FredTheDinosaurMan Dromaeosaurs scale chart

Still let's hope the sculpts are at least as good as those silhouettes.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

TooOldForDinosaurs

Sauropodomorphs and Stegosaurids - you've got me hooked. Let's hope they nail them. :)

Toasaurus

I see a sauropod in that photo too

Halichoeres

That pterosaur on the right side looks like Pteranodon, which the world doesn't need another version of. But maybe the one on the left is something more interesting. Hard to be sure at this resolution.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

The Safari Pteranodon is nice but isn't for me, I would be interested in one from Haolonggood if it's accurate.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on January 13, 2023, 07:44:05 PMThe Safari Pteranodon is nice but isn't for me, I would be interested in one from Haolonggood if it's accurate.
Get one of the CollectAs

Sim

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'd like a Pteranodon longiceps and I don't like the zombie look of CollectA's most recent version.

Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2023, 12:46:22 AMThought I'd share this...
After all these years, a possibly good feathered velociraptor NOT made by Safari LTD

I had another look at this image and what I think I see is: Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, a big-nosed iguanodontian, Europasaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Rhamphorhynchus, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, Pteranodon or Nyctosaurus.
I'm especially interested in the smaller pterosaur, there really needs to be a good Rhamphorhynchus!  The other pterosaur interests me too as I'd like a Pteranodon longiceps.  I'm not interested in an Allosaurus or Stegosaurus as I'm happy with the ones I have.  I hope the smaller stegosaurian isn't Huayangosaurus as I'm happy with the one I have.  I would be interested in an accurate Dilophosaurus.  I'm not interested in the sauropods.  The only sauropods I'd like someone to make are Apatosaurus, and one that Haolonggood might be interested in making: Shunosaurus.

Lynx

My only real interest is in the Velociraptor, which I really hope isn't another 1:6-1:8 figure. There's more than enough of those. I will probably purchase it if it's on a small scale regardless of quality. Rest of the figures I have no interest in, but if the Allosaurus or Stegosaurus is good I might pick it up.
An oversized house cat.

Sim

I forgot to say, I'm interested in a Velociraptor too!  Since the animals in the image appear to be to scale, and Haolonggood has shown a preference for keeping figures in the same scale, the Velociraptor might be in 1:35 scale!  That is the scale of their figures, right, or am I remembering wrong?

GojiraGuy1954

I can't get excited for any of these

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mellow Stego

Possible stegosaurus and chungkingosaurus? Yes please!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Sim @Sim I agree, the big sauropod in the back looks to be another Mamenchisaurus which is really unfortunate since there are multiple good figures already available.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: