News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Ah yes - Maiasaura.  That is shamefully underrepresented in toy form.  One I would like to see.

Fembrogon

Maiasaura definitely deserves more attention, as does Brachylophosaurus; any dinosaur as completely known or well-preserved as the latter ought to have at least one or two good figures to its name!

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @5aurophaganax Man all of those are good picks. We haven't had an accurate figure of Maiasaura and Ouranosaurus in quite some time now. I think the Battat versions are still the best, and those are long retired, and hard to come by. Same with Kentrosaurus oddly. Brachylophosaurus doesn't even have any figures, despite having a fossilized mummy to work from. I'm shocked Asfaltovenator doesn't have any figures yet either. I would have thought CollectA would have jumped on it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I chose Suchomimus as one of the species I'd like before I found out PNSO is releasing one, now I think there's no need for Haolonggood to make one.  I like the idea of having a larger scale for small species and a smaller scale for large species.  I also would like a Kentrosaurus!

I wonder what happened to the planned Acrocanthosaurus?

SidB

I have a question  - initially with the release of the pair of Quetzalcoatlus', including one unpainted figure, it was stated that later releases would just include the painted figure. Will that still happen? I'd only want that one.

Fembrogon

I do recall a single figure release being promised. The idea for the pair was to paint one and send it in for a contest; but IIRC that contest ended a while ago. There are probably plenty of collectors who would prefer to just buy a single, pre-painted figure.

Speaking of pterosaurs, I would be interested in seeing Haolonggood do more in the future. Although the Quetzalcoatlus had some proportion issues, I think it's still one of the better versions of the animal available. There are a number of other azhdarchids out there which could make or interesting models - Hatzegopteryx, Cryodrakon, and Thanatosdrakon, for example - as well as genera like Q. lawsoni or Azhdarcho itself which could be made as smaller, more affordable figures.
That's only talking azhdarchids, of course. There are plenty of other pterosaurs like Pterodaustro, Criorhynchus, or Thalassodromeus which would be splendid choices for figures. I'd be remiss not to also mention Barbaridactylus, which just got a stint of fame this year in Prehistoric Planet. A male & female set would probably sell very well with the show's fans!

SidB

Agreed, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , I'd like to see a pterosaur or two from Haolonggood. Furthermore, I'd like one to be of a specimen in flight. It used to be that was the norm, but now not so much.

Sim

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 08, 2022, 10:52:08 PMSpeaking of pterosaurs, I would be interested in seeing Haolonggood do more in the future. Although the Quetzalcoatlus had some proportion issues, I think it's still one of the better versions of the animal available. There are a number of other azhdarchids out there which could make or interesting models - Hatzegopteryx, Cryodrakon, and Thanatosdrakon, for example - as well as genera like Q. lawsoni or Azhdarcho itself which could be made as smaller, more affordable figures.
That's only talking azhdarchids, of course. There are plenty of other pterosaurs like Pterodaustro, Criorhynchus, or Thalassodromeus which would be splendid choices for figures. I'd be remiss not to also mention Barbaridactylus, which just got a stint of fame this year in Prehistoric Planet. A male & female set would probably sell very well with the show's fans!

Of the pterosaurs you listed only Pterodaustro and Thalassodromeus are known from decent remains.  Well, Quetzalcoatlus lawsoni too but it was what the Haolonggood Quetzalcoatlus was based on so it would be repetitive for Haolonggood to make a figure of it too.  The other pterosaurs you listed are all known only from poor remains and don't have a known appearance.  There are so many prehistoric animals known from good specimens that lack a good figure.  I don't see the point in making fantasy species.  Not to mention that azhdarchids get so much attention in figures, I would find it boring to see another one.

Halichoeres

Quote from: vampiredesign on December 08, 2022, 06:24:49 AMThank you very much for your attention. We will balance the development of products according to your demands, actual production process and mold conditions. In fact, we also want to develop many species, but we have no choice in product size. Some species are too small, and some species are too large. Price discrepancy is also a problem. Of course, we will also try to solve the problem. I hope you can understand the problem of proportion limitation.In terms of species, we will not choose the species that are too unpopular. I am very happy to receive your wish list, and I will sort out the arrangement plan.

Thanks for listening and responding. I understand that doing species perceived as less popular has its risks. I am probably in the minority, but generally there are two reasons I would add a Haolonggood product to my collection: 1) a species that is very uncommon as a figure. Dicraeosaurus hadn't had a figure in decades, and never a good one. 2) a species that is reasonably common, but Haolonggood's version is so good that it exceeds or matches any others available. The Carcharodontosaurus met this standard; its only real rival in a similar scale is the PNSO version. Those two are the only Halonggood figures in my collection, as the Quetzalcoatlus, Spinosaurus, Therizinosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus did not meet those criteria. My future purchases will follow the same rubric.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I'd also be interested in a Haolonggood Acrocanthosaurus!  I'd like to have a figure of it but the only good one is PNSO's which has an ugly ring of scales around its eyes.  I can't get it because of that.

SidB

Yeah, I told Fergus to stop reading late at night, so he got those rings too. Should have listened to me, his Dad.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2022, 09:56:18 PMYeah, I told Fergus to stop reading late at night, so he got those rings too. Should have listened to me, his Dad.

This hit me just right, I laughed out loud.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

V @vampiredesign, can you share how things are going with the Haolonggood Acrocanthosaurus?  Do you have an idea of when it might be available?

vampiredesign

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/2FED3A2C-4A73-44FF-91CF-A5DBCED5118E New products will be available at the first time of the New Year。(Acrocanthosaurus,Not in plan),The development of was not carried out. There will be other surprises. Yes, I have prepared surprises. I have seen the above information. I have collected your wishes. I will discuss with our team and develop products.

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign are you referring to the New Year or the Chinese New Year? Also, does that mean the figures will be available at that point, so they'll be revealed before?

Sim

Well, I look forward to the surprises.  I'm sad the Acrocanthosaurus has been cancelled, if it was like the Haolonggood Carcharodontosaurus it would have been even better than the PNSO Acrocanthosaurus.  I guess I'll have to get the PNSO version after all and grow to like it, as I would like an Acrocanthosaurus.

Lynx

Thought I'd share this...
After all these years, a possibly good feathered velociraptor NOT made by Safari LTD
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

From what I can tell, here seem to be some of the ones featured:
- Velociraptor
- Iguanodon??
- Stegosaurus
- Very likely Allosaurus
- Some type of Protosauropod

The rest I can't identify
An oversized house cat.

Pliosaurking

Hopefully these can compare to their Carcharodontosaurus, as their last few releases have gone down significantly since then. If they do well I'll be all aboard!

Stegotyranno420

I think of those is a dilophosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: