You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Deinosuchus hatcheri 'Meta' w/ Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis prey

Started by GojiraGuy1954, February 18, 2022, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Halichoeres

Conveniently landing at BBTS just a week after my X-Plus Onchopristis (with Spinosaurus accessory).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 16, 2023, 07:16:51 PMMy Deinosuchus order was cancelled because my credit card's expiration date was incorrct, so I called BBTS and corrected it and it will be shipped in a few days.
I asked the BBTS customer service rep about the substandard boxing, and he said all the boxes they received had some problems that did not affect the Deinosucchus, but the price is now $3 lower.

The first Deinosuchus fossil was found in my home state of North Carolina.

At least they lowered the price, the only thing a slightly damaged box would really hurt is the resale value.

dragon53

I just got my shipping notice and it's being shipped via FedEx Smartpost----the USPS, which means it might be stolen like my Safari Postosuchus a few weeks ago.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 17, 2023, 02:47:02 PMI just got my shipping notice and it's being shipped via FedEx Smartpost----the USPS, which means it might be stolen like my Safari Postosuchus a few weeks ago.

I think all BBTS uses is Fedex. It's odd that they will dump a lot of packages on USPS to deliver for them, my mail carriers don't understand it either and are kind of miffed about the additional work load.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 17, 2023, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: dragon53 on January 17, 2023, 02:47:02 PMI just got my shipping notice and it's being shipped via FedEx Smartpost----the USPS, which means it might be stolen like my Safari Postosuchus a few weeks ago.

I think all BBTS uses is Fedex. It's odd that they will dump a lot of packages on USPS to deliver for them, my mail carriers don't understand it either and are kind of miffed about the additional work load.

BBTS shipped my Meta to East TN via DHL, no idea why.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 19, 2023, 04:08:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 17, 2023, 03:10:32 PM

BBTS shipped my Meta to East TN via DHL, no idea why.

That's...just weird.   I'm in northeast TN and i would never think they would go that route.

dragon53

My grey Postosuchus arrived today, and I'm very happy with it. The detailing is impressive and the tail seam is not too obvious.
One observation is the inner mouth is not overly pink, but a pale pink and tan. Also, for once, I'm happy with a prehistoric figure's glossy finish---which gives it a realistic "wet look".

The box damage was minimal, so I'm glad I got the $3.00 discount.

Now I'm looking forward to the Rebor Postosuchus. ;)

bmathison1972

For those of you in the US, Happy Hen Toys just got both Deinosuchus in.

With regards to BBTS, I have ordered Kaiyodo Revogeo figures from them in the past with no issues.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received mine today, yes the box just seemed to have minimal crushing, no damage to the beast inside.

Pliosaurking

I have still yet to order one, as I keep flipping between the estuary and swamp versions. I'm currently back to the swamp version as after seeing several reviews of it, I think it has the more interesting and complex colour scheme.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 23, 2023, 01:11:42 AMI have still yet to order one, as I keep flipping between the estuary and swamp versions. I'm currently back to the swamp version as after seeing several reviews of it, I think it has the more interesting and complex colour scheme.

I look at it this way, whichever I didn't get this time I'll get on the Sarcosuchus. I picked the darker one as it looked more like an American Alligator so the region kinda works

SidB

Looking at the above review's comparison shots, that beast surely is not 1/35, it's a good deal larger. Has anyone come up with an in-hand scale number?

Over9K

Be mindful when opening the mouth, go a little too far, and the upper jaw pops out of the hinge.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on January 23, 2023, 03:28:37 AMLooking at the above review's comparison shots, that beast surely is not 1/35, it's a good deal larger. Has anyone come up with an in-hand scale number?

It's really, REALLY big to be a 1/35th scale D. hatcheri (est. length 25/30ft).

At 17in, Meta represents a D. hatcheri at ~50ft, almost twice the current estimate for the species.

If we take Meta as a D. riograndensis (est 40ft), it's closer, but at 1/35th scale, still represents a living animal 10 feet longer than estimates.

I figure that Meta represents a 30foot D. hatcheri in 1/21st scale, or represents a 40foot D. riograndensis in 1/28th scale, which is also right around where I'd put T. rex Kiss.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on January 23, 2023, 04:11:15 AM
Quote from: SidB on January 23, 2023, 03:28:37 AMLooking at the above review's comparison shots, that beast surely is not 1/35, it's a good deal larger. Has anyone come up with an in-hand scale number?

It's really, REALLY big to be a 1/35th scale D. hatcheri (est. length 25/30ft).

At 17in, Meta represents a D. hatcheri at ~50ft, almost twice the current estimate for the species.

If we take Meta as a D. riograndensis (est 40ft), it's closer, but at 1/35th scale, still represents a living animal 10 feet longer than estimates.

I figure that Meta represents a 30foot D. hatcheri in 1/21st scale, or represents a 40foot D. riograndensis in 1/28th scale, which is also right around where I'd put T. rex Kiss.

Thanks, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , I really appreciate that quick response.

Brocc21

Quote from: suspsy on February 23, 2022, 12:50:28 AMThe fragmentary nature of Appalachian tyrannosauroids makes them very alluring. Many people are curious to know more about them.

The fragmentary of almost every Appalachian dinosaur makes them alluring. Hypsibema was probably one of the largest hadrosaurids, and it's known from very scant remains.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Flaffy

I really dont understand why avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO chose to market this figure at 1/35th scale.
Would've been great if it actually was the size of the stated scale.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2023, 05:16:13 AMI really dont understand why avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO chose to market this figure at 1/35th scale.
Would've been great if it actually was the size of the stated scale.

I don't know, I think they did it to match up with their Tyrannosaurs and ceratopsians?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: