News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

The Embolotherium looks decent, but that Eobasileus is a downright abomination!

Faelrin

S @SidB I've been curious as to how those compared with those for a while. Nice to see you managed to track them down.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 25, 2023, 01:03:25 AMThe Embolotherium looks decent, but that Eobasileus is a downright abomination!
True, the Eobasileus is not a handsome figure, to say the least. But Geoworld didn't come up with this design, it's copied directly from a park exhibit. There are various other images that they could have scooped, but they apparently chose the worst. On the other hand, it's unique, I don't know offhand of any other Eobasileus. Maybe someone else does?

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on January 25, 2023, 01:25:27 AMS @SidB I've been curious as to how those compared with those for a while. Nice to see you managed to track them down.
Glad that you got to see them side-by-side then, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin .

Fembrogon

Add me to the Tyrannosaur party!

This guy arrived yesterday and I've been having a grand time fiddling with him (her?) since then. Definitely a great figure, despite a few small issues.

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. CollectA Mamenchisaurus.  A superb figure.  Like the PNSO Tylosaurus, I think anyone interested in prehistoric reptiles would benefit from having it.  I'm very happy with it.  It's larger than the 2019 PNSO museum line Mamenchisaurus, which the CollectA figure replaces in my collection.

2. Safari Diabloceratops.  A nice little figure.  My Safari ceratopsids are becoming more!

Sim

I forgot to say, the CollectA Mamenchisaurus is a pleasure to handle.  Its many points are like a massage for the hands. ^-^

bmathison1972

My CollectA 2023 (batch 1) came today! Wow, that was fast. Starting last year, packages from Australia went through customs in Chicago, where they sat for an average of 10 days. This landed a couple days ago and I already have it! Wasn't expecting it until next week!

1. Jersey cow
2. Hadrosaurus
3. Brighstoneus
4. Ruyangosaurus
5. Shastasaurus
6. Mosasaurus

The Mosasaurus and Ruyangosaurus are not as big as I thought (the perspective with camera phone pics can alter proportions sometimes I think). What surprised me is how small the Hadrosaurus was! I thought it would have been comparable to a Safari hadrosaurid!

Paleo Flo

Nice haul. I like the Jersey Cow.  :))

The Ruyangosaurus is very impressive! I guess I will keep my older CollectA Mosasaurus. This one is cool nevertheless. 
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

SidB

Echoing B @bmathison1972 , my Ruyangosaurus also came in yesterday, though it flew in solo from Minizoo. It didn't have any fellow passengers with it on the flight, so its a bit traumatized. Accordingly, I'm introducing it to some of its cousins. It's beautifully textured and even at 1/60 scale, has a decent size about it, as the photos below illustrate:

With the CollectA Mamenschisaurus -

With the Eofauna Atlasaurus -

On display with the Papo Brachiosaurus (Giraffatitan) and a pack of Papo theropods -

A final comparison from on high -

ceratopsian

Looking forward to that Ruyangosaurus.  I like the look of the bulky neck.

bmathison1972

Nice display S @SidB with the ruins and moon! Very cool!

Kei

That Ruyangosaurus is indeed beautiful  :o

Dusty Wren

Man, that Ruyangosaurus is really wonderful. Thanks for the pics, B @bmathison1972 and S @SidB. Now I gotta go measure my shelves and figure out if I even have room for this behemoth. 
Check out my customs thread!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 27, 2023, 03:20:45 PMMan, that Ruyangosaurus is really wonderful. Thanks for the pics, B @bmathison1972 and S @SidB. Now I gotta go measure my shelves and figure out if I even have room for this behemoth. 

I use the IKEA Billy system. I was able to squeeze it onto my ceratopsian/stegosaur/iguanodont shelf; interestingly, it's too tall for where my sauropods are LOL. It will probably come out eventually and site on TOP of the cabinet!

SidB

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 27, 2023, 02:45:56 PMNice display S @SidB with the ruins and moon! Very cool!
Thanks, I suspect that I have a certain passion for classical antiquity and ruins, but limited space, so, presto - put that together with the denizens of deep time nd I'm as happy as a clam, B @bmathison1972 .

Carnoking

Well, one month later and here's what all I've got from the Holidays onward, including gifts, pre-orders, and the occasional impulse buy :P

This will probably be my last notable haul for a while. My New Years Resolution wound up being to substantially cut back on my dinosaur related purchasing while also taking the first steps to thin the herd. This lot was all stuff I already had coming my way before making that call, so I wanted to wait to post it all together. We'll see if I have the strength to go through with it though...

Sidenote: additional photos can be seen in their respective threads!

SidB

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking , you may find the "thinning" to be a Herculean labor. Remember the old story of the labors of Hercules - specifically the cleansing of the stables of King Augeas: he had to divert a river through them to accomplish the mammoth (no pun intended) task. Do you have a metaphorical river handy nearby?

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Talk about a diverse haul. What an interesting mix of figures, old and new. Congrats on getting your hands on all of those.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

Finally got an order in that I ordered just over a month ago, from everything dinosaur. I was starting to get concerned where it was to, however it showed up fine. And man was it worth the wait, the Medusaceratops is my favourite Botm figure I own! What a beautiful piece! The I threw the Giganspinosaurus in cause why not, and it's a very nice little figure. Overall a great haul!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: